Page 152 of 400 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 3993

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    App,
    Thanks for bringing back these forgotten melodies. Geetham Sangeetham is one song I mostly try to sing and fail, especially for those gamakams/sangathi's by SPB. The last humming 'aahhha' tried many times in vain, the way he curls back up and down, unbelievable. We can give everything for the chorus and violins, beautifully interlaced. 'Ennodu vanthaale pothum eppothum', is the best part for me. When SPB ends the song, with 'paadham unthan paadham', just for that feel, I am at his feet.

Me too learned recently that echo is a separate company not owned by Raja, mainly due to that legal issue.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    What legal issue? If you guys don't mind sharing, thanks
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Post Thanks / Like
    grouch,
    Please watch this video, This should clear your doubts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Also please check this link.
    http://www.sify.com/movies/ilayaraja...fqKEgeeda.html
    I don't know much details, but I felt he should have done this way earlier, he waited too long.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks V_S. Appreciate it. Youtube can't watch here, no sound. Will go home and watch. Thanks again.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ah Geetham Sangeetham, what a song! Lovely Melody from the masters.

Thanks App anna for reminding me this song , and posting songs which I have never heard!
    Many thanks again
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    As it typically happens during the weekends, I'm behind by a day. So, two songs are due today.

I'll have to make a small adjustment in the alphabetical order & post both songs from the same movie today (which was a phenomenally succesful one). Both duets by my fav pair.

And reserve one of the greatest songs by the same pair for tomorrow

Senior Member Devoted Hubber genesis's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    We students even thought those days that it was Raja's own company...and he was making some decent money thru this channel, better than royalty etc...looks like it was not, going by the recent legal adi-dhadi
    Raja was little bit early to the scene. When he came to the field, selling music directly to the "consumer" was not that popular. Only few rich and upper middle class people had record players. They also did not buy many records. With the arrival of Panasonic taper player in the early 80s lot of recording centers mushroomed in many cities. Now people were recording their favorite songs in a TDK 60min cassette or TDK 90 minute cassette and not buying the originals meant MDs, Singers and producers did not get any money.

The Indian cassette industry was revolutionized by T-Series Gulshan Kumar in early to mid 80s. To counter relatively expensive audio tapes which used to be marketed by reputed music companies (read HMV), GK brought out very cheaply made and low priced music cassettes. The cheaply made cassettes featured reproduced songs sung by clones like Anuradha Paudual and Kumar Sanu, not the originals. But later he started to get music rights for many Hindi movies. I remember buying many Hindi cassettes in 1980s/1990s for Rs.18 - Ashiqui, Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin, Saajan to name a few.

By early 1990 this cheap cassette came to Tamil industry also. I remember buying Guna for Rs.20+ with Raja logo. (This brand did not sustain long.... I think it is because of Pyramid and ARR). ARR was very lucky on this - well established cassette industry, satellite channels that took his music to all over India. By 1994 he was known well all over India.

In spite of given wonderful music I do not think Raja and his predecessors make much money from music sale.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now that I'm 2 days behind and 3 songs are due today, let me work it out in alpha order itself.

Will post 3 songs today, all these three SPB-SJ duets were patti-thotti-city hits

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh super waiting for the feast ..
    Already its in abundance with Shri Rama Rajyam