Page 139 of 400 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189239 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 3993

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum View Post
    I'll even go one step ahead - I am willing to help with the editing process, proof-reading and putting together a coherent book.
    +1 Not that I yam inglis great. Extra pair of eyes helps.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho070 View Post
    +1 Not that I yam inglis great. Extra pair of eyes helps.
    No No, That would be a "terrible" Idea , Annan Flum Chee Plum will be comparing SPB+IR with Cricketers!
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum View Post
    I dont want to say I'll second Suresh's and Faramu's suggestion of editing this into a book - but that's only because I think I suggested that long back myself
    yOv ithu umakE romba overa theriyala
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Perfect Timing

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah perfect thread

will try to catch but not sure

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    nanRi Divine22, Plum & groucho!

Once again I'm behind by a day...BTW, it looks like with NN, it's curtains for 1982. There are a couple other SPB-IR songs that weren't hits (not even on radio, IMO) and neither the movies were popular...Those are Ezhai viLakku from echchil iravukaL and alaigaLE from kavidhai malar and can't be featured as separate posts. I'll do the 1982 links post before moving on to #103 & #104 that are due and they'll be from 1983 - another great year for this combo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Since IR was on top speed during those years, it was possible that some albums got released in 1982 but movies came in 1983 (a "model year" kind of phenomenan that continued thru out for the rest of his career).

So, let's not attach too much importance to this year thingy - it's just a way to recollect some great songs and have fun. There will be statistical errors / challenges due to lack of exact details / archives to public on TF. Film news Ananthan kind of resources will be accurate for any serious effort if someone wants references and this thread definitely cannot fulfill such standards.
    Last edited by app_engine; 4th August 2011 at 01:20 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    #103 தாமரைக்கொடி தரையில் வந்ததெப்படி?
    (ஆனந்தக்கும்மி, 1983 )

Let's begin the year 1983 with a sweet SPB number that was great in sounds. The second interlude is simply out of the world! SPB, in his prime, was singing with so much of enthusiasm to a jubilant sounding number -almost war cries - even though the lyrics have nothing to suggest anything of that sort. A love song, presented in a battle kind of format and so the emotions of the song are somewhat confusing.

In any case, the movie should have been equally confusing to the public as it didn't run beyond a week IIRC. Never got a chance to watch it and don't remember who the actors were / director was etc. Only two things are known - music & producer. Producer? Yes, because it was produced by none other than Ilayaraja. That too not the 'pAvalar / RD Bhaskar' banner but in his own name.

As a producer, he spent decent money for the music (possibly the first one he got recorded in Bombay, talked about the better facilities there / how individual instruments could get recorded in different tracks etc). Signed up decent singers (rather than singing all of them by himself / his brothers). So, out came a fantastic album! Most songs were penned by VM (this one definitely was) and were above-average on that count as well. (Except mainA-mainA, somehow that word cheapens a song IMO - it can never equal the kuyil or kiLi word, even though the bird itself is equally lovable).

This song was not as big a hit as I wanted it to be. Was on radio / tea shop / recording centers / TDK cassettes etc but not to the scale it deserved - not even as popular as the mainA or other songs from the same movie. That is still inexplicable as I consider this song as one much above most others from that time period!