Page 129 of 400 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179229 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 3993

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB

Senior Member Senior Hubber Devaraagam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I watched kahdal Oviyam during my teen age that too because of the songs. during that period only I started to watch movies because of IR and still this movie is my favorite list not because of story, actor and BR.

Watch the movie once by closing your eyes. you will get into it completely as almost 80% of the movie goes with Music and songs.

Still I used to watch this movie fully whenever its being telecast.
    Music Unities Everyone

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    App, I've been having a lot of catching up to do here. Super stuff!
    K-O is a terrific album, an emotional rollercoaster, for sure. Grouch, lovely little piece of writing on this album, very nicely put.
    Did this hero act in any other films after this?

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KV View Post
    Did this hero act in any other films after this?
    AFAIK, No.
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho070 View Post
    no Cyclops
    Only groucho fossible.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by San_K View Post
    wov great app. KO is one of finest album ever created in world film history.
    Yov Sanjeevi. People will think you are talking about a different album when you say 'KO'. Aaris will be happy to hear this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureshs65 View Post
    Yov Sanjeevi. .
    Oh Avaraa ivaruuu I mean there was a hubber called "Sanjeevi" about 3/4 years ago?
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    Still, over a period of years, some actresses whose presence made the movies - strictly movies - more likeable were : Savithri, Padmini, Sridevi, Radha, Revathy, Gautami & many others (actually it's a very broad band with me having no vanjakam)
    இந்த விஷயத்தில எல்லாருக்கும் தாராள மனசு add Simmi to the list

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureshs65 View Post
    Yov Sanjeevi. People will think you are talking about a different album when you say 'KO'. Aaris will be happy to hear this.

corrected now

Quote Originally Posted by PARAMASHIVAN View Post
    Oh Avaraa ivaruuu I mean there was a hubber called "Sanjeevi" about 3/4 years ago?
    avvvvvv

Post Thanks / Like
    App anna ,

Next song pls (Sangeetha Jathi mulai) even the thought of the song, gives me goosebumps ! Only IR + SPB possible to bring such emotions !

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    #96 நதியில் ஆடும் பூவனம்
    (காதல் ஓவியம், 1982 , ஜானகியுடன்)

With a slOgam by Deepan C in the prelude, SJ starts this sweet number and later joined by SPB to give a fantastic treat. Especially the swarAs that are thrown into the interludes are goosebump stuff. Despite the song sounding to be on strong classical base (and the singers having enough alukkal-kulukkals), IR lightens it to the extent possible with his orchestration / interludes and makes it palatable to average listeners who typically may not have the taste for pure classical music. This is one art where all the popular MDs of TFM have been masters (GR / KVM / MSV / IR).

One of the few happy moments / non-gloomy songs of K-O that had a lot of radio time / bus time those days. Infact, whenever I hear this song, I'm reminded of the Thanjavur bus trip from hostel to my friend's home (whom we're already familiar with as the HCIRF who brought those wonderful cassettes from home each week). This song got played in a bus that had really good sound system and it was mesmerising! So, I always associate this song with Thanjavur

Another very interesting thing to me about this song is the percussion arrangements. Easily among the best of IR!