Page 109 of 400 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 3993

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PARAMASHIVAN View Post
    No No, I remember the song! , I watched the movie about 15 years ago, when VHS was around! it is just that it was not played on TV/ Radio much like "Kanne kalai maanE" !
    Appadiya? Ingga vettiputtangga, padupaavi pasangga. Maybe the authorities here found Sri Devi's sunglass and jeans too vulgar. More than Ponmeni Uruguthe that made it.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Horny, random, depraved, Hill Station chick - exception case. Not an aspirational figure.
    Cool, young, stylish, awesome chick frolicking on beach with friends - aspirational figure. Harmful to prevailing societal mores. Likely to be emulated by youngsters.
    purinjudhA?
    Last edited by Plum; 7th July 2011 at 05:01 PM.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho070 View Post
    More than Ponmeni Uruguthe that made it.
    Oh that one with Kamal and silks , when I watched the movie as a "teenager" the elders in the house used to "forward" this song, me being "overly Innocent" did not understand the reason, IppO thaanE purithu
    Last edited by PARAMASHIVAN; 7th July 2011 at 05:11 PM.
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum View Post
    I have no idea how it is picturised
    google says it had Chandrasekar / Subadhra...I doubt if any other hubber could have an idea

Post Thanks / Like

ThreeThespians of Indian Cinema (IR/SPB/NT)
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ilaya Nila cud well be the song of TFM..
    There used to be a time when it was impossibe to complete a day without hearing this wonder ..
    A song which made a movie run for 25 weeks..
    Have seen so many ppl attempting the Guitar piece on Youtube but not one has got close to the original ..
    A song for long drives/joy/love/emotion etc etc ..
    Not a single fellow can say he doesnt like this song ..
    Truly a landmark song ..
    1982 is going rock solid thanks to App..Have discussed Moondram Pirai and Payanangal Mudivathillai..Hope next its Ninaivellam Nithya on the anvil ..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by skr View Post
    Have discussed Moondram Pirai and Payanangal Mudivathillai..
    MP had only one SPB song while PM had 7, so you'll have to put up with me on PM for a week

Post Thanks / Like
    Thogai ilamayail is equally good as illaiya nila, but don't know why it is regarded as 2nd fiddle to illaiya nila

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    then what about Maniyosai kettu ezhunthu. Sometime i am forced to rate slightly above the ilaiyanila while i am listening this song

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by San_K View Post
    then what about Maniyosai kettu ezhunthu. Sometime i am forced to rate slightly above the ilaiyanila while i am listening this song
    yes, but Maniyosai is a sad song, where else Thogai ila mayil and Ilaiya nila are Romantic One!

By the way SPB's coughing towards the end of Maniyosai, is superb just like Dhoraguna from shankaraparanam, no wonder he is Regarded as the Nadigar Thilagam of Play back singing!
    Last edited by PARAMASHIVAN; 7th July 2011 at 08:57 PM.