Page 333 of 400 FirstFirst ... 233283323331332333334335343383 ... LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,330 of 3993

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB

Moderator Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    app & V_S,

PPA was released on Deepavali day of 1989 along with Vetri Vizhaa, Mappillai etc.

btw, congrats app for triple century!

Regards

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Murali sir for confirmation.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum View Post
    your favourite Anand-Milind

idhu umakkE nyAyamA irukkA?

However, I still stand by QSQT as one of the finest albums ever in IFM Take the saraNam rhythm arrangement for gazan kA hai din, for e.g. One of the finest ever! (For that QSQT album, I don't care where A-M looted them from...also, I don't worry about all those looted IR stuff, avangaLala mudinja aLavukku kalaichchEvai seidhirukkAnga )

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by baroque View Post
    very sad, app_eng
    life is uncertain!

vinatha.
    Very true!

That's why one should do whatever good they can do, ASAP (thaththuvam #1)

Post Thanks / Like
    nanRi Murali sir, for the thakaval & your kind wishes!

Couldn't write on 'eduththu nAn vidavA' today...As usual, the weekend backlog thingy

Will try to clear the backlog when possible...However, raaga_kann has hosted 'eduththu nAn vidavA' in the IR-sung-duets thread yesterday

Post Thanks / Like
    One interesting thing I caught today when playing the SPB -LM - Kamal - KB Hindi song 'hum banE tum banE ek dujE kE liyE', a song I always loved despite some comical things (Bala's englees, the 'kow-kow' qurbAni sound).

Though many praise 'terE mErE beech mEin', it was not that much of a fav with me with it's screechy violins, typical L-P / northie stuff. However, for some reason, I loved the prelude of hum banE and used to love that string stuff before the singer starts.

Today it hit me - that prelude portion is exactly similar to 'iLankiLiyE' of sankarlal, SPB-SJ-IR-KH-SD sweetie. (This too has the englees comedy, plus Kamal connection - I'm more or less sure the 'made for each other' song had some inputs to L-P from the souththu).

hum banE tum banE youtube :

iLangiLiyE youtube:

Post Thanks / Like
    #308 எடுத்து நான் விடவா என் பாட்டை தோழா?
    (புதுப்புது அர்த்தங்கள், 1989 , இளையராஜாவுடன்)

eduththu nAn vidavA (PPA, with IR)

It's interesting that we had to cross three centuries (# of songs) & > a decade (13 calendar years) before hitting a song sung by both the thread nAyakarkaL rAsA had really been careful not to co-sing with SPB, it appears In comparison, he had sung with even KJY much earlier (kadalOram kadalOram shoud have been at least 5 years prior). In any case, this song is for comical purposes and just an average number (both musically and "hit status" wise).

raaga_kann has recently covered this song in detail in the IR duets thread

I was debating with myself whether this song deserves a story and then decided yes, simply because it is the first we host of both the nAyaks singing...

It has to be a comical one, involving two boys and thus our "room mate friends" now make a come back to the thread (the bulky restless one & the lean, artist, lazy guy).

When they stayed in the "downtown", they always had the 'lazy-guy-losing-the-nav-tal-key' problem.('nav-tal' was the padlock sold by godrej brand those days).

Though each occasion used to start a fight over the issue, typically it was my team lead and not the artist who suffered the most. And each occasion was a tale of difficulty, tension and frayed nerves for him. One occasion was especially interesting, when both were about to leave for a few holidays (deepAvaLi?). They had changed the lock only recently and the artist was reminded many times not to lose the key and take it with him during the travel.

Holidays were over and late on the Sunday night, our 'restless friend' reached back the room - after a long bus travel, ready to hit the bed. Well, in the dark, he tried to open the lock and it didn't work. Tried a few times the key and was shocked to learn that his friend had changed the lock before he left for holidays. (Lost the key, bought another and locked the room - simple, know )

Our friend couldn't find a tool to cut / break and no shop was open that late. So, he walked to the nearby hotel, paid the cost of some 10 locks as room rent and slept for the night. After getting freshened up in the morning, rushed to the room to get some important things before catching the bus for workplace. When entering the corridor, what he saw made him really mad - his dear room mate was 'hacksaw blading' the new lock, since he left the keys back home

Well, they had later placed that hacksaw permanently on the ventilator above the door...just in case...
    Last edited by app_engine; 5th March 2012 at 10:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    #309 எல்லோரும் மாவாட்டக்கத்துக்கிடனும்
    (புதுப்புது அர்த்தங்கள், 1989 , ஷைலஜாவுடன்)

ellOrum mAvAtta (PPA, with SPS)

Not that much of a personal favourite, just an average number with 'mAmAvukku kudumA kudumA' kind of feel with slightly inferior arrangements. However, surprisingly, this song too had its airtime / buscast time etc and even at the bachelor home people listened to this number without much complain.

So, I'm getting this recorded in the list...the fifth SPB number from this KB movie. In other words, all the SPB numbers from this movie had their time - some quite a lot and are evergreen (the first three that we've covered) and others only limited appeal, that too only around the time of arrival (eduththu nAn & ellOrum mAvAtta). That way, this album cannot be compared with some of the "100%-IR-SPB-hit" albums of the same time period, in which it wasn't easy to spot very weak numbers like these. Sometimes, oppukku sappANi numbers too had their glory (like the 12th man who never had to even field but still gets to touch the trophy after the win, in an one-day tourney) ...
    Last edited by app_engine; 5th March 2012 at 03:48 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    PPA is done now and Monday should have another movie from 1989

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    app on the lock incident. Seriously, I agree with others, there's a good movie, a comedy, script in there.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.