Page 366 of 400 FirstFirst ... 266316356364365366367368376 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,660 of 3993

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey everyone,

I recently uploaded this very rare and hit song from the combination of Maestro Ilayaraja - S.P.Balasubramaniam - P.Susheela - S.Janaki. The song is "Naan Oru Ponnoviyam Kanden Ethire" from "Kannil Theriyum Kathaigal". Enjoy everyone!

I will be uploading many more rare and hit Ilayaraja songs over the next few days.

My channel is www.youtube.com/user/rajsmed

Please share your comments on Youtube! I always find it encouraging when people share their unique take on Maestro's songs! Best wishes!

- Rajesh

Tamil Movie Song - Kannil Theriyum Kathaigal - Naan Oru Ponnoviyam Kanden Ethire

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber genesis's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rajsmed View Post
    Hey everyone,

I recently uploaded this very rare and hit song from the combination of Maestro Ilayaraja - S.P.Balasubramaniam - P.Susheela - S.Janaki. The song is "Naan Oru Ponnoviyam Kanden Ethire" from "Kannil Theriyum Kathaigal". Enjoy everyone!

I will be uploading many more rare and hit Ilayaraja songs over the next few days.

My channel is www.youtube.com/user/rajsmed

Please share your comments on Youtube! I always find it encouraging when people share their unique take on Maestro's songs! Best wishes!

- Rajesh
    Rajesh - Thanks a lot!!! Great Service. It is because of your hard work we get to enjoy these rare gems!!

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Genesis! It is my pleasure! More rare and hit songs from recent uploads:

Tamil Movie Song - Dhuruva Natchathiram - Poovendrum Ponne Endrum

Tamil Movie Song - Naan Sonnathey Sattam - Athikaalai Neram Kanavil Unnai Paarthen

Tamil Movie Song - Parvathi Ennai Paaradi - Chinna Poongili Sindhum Thenmozhi Inikkum Nannaal Ithu

Tamil Movie Song - Bhagavathipuram Railway Gate - Kaalai Nera Kaatre Vaazhthi Sellu

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    For some reason, I was under the impression that "naan oru pEnoviyum" was composed by SG
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    SG did nAn unna nenechEn, nee enne nenecha.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho070 View Post
    SG did nAn unna nenechEn, nee enne nenecha.
    Ah this was the movie with Multiple MDs ?
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, that's the one.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    #336 அறைச்ச சந்தனம் மணக்கும் குங்குமம் அழகு நெற்றியிலே
    (சின்னத்தம்பி, 1991 )

aRachcha santhanam of Chinnathambi

Sweet composition by rAsA, one of my all-time fav numbers! SPB in top form, lovely themmAngu, terrific arrangements / orchestration and trouble-free lyrics! What more can one ask for? Repeated countless times on drives, this tablA delight!

When I started watching the movie on theater, it was initially boring - almost like a poor rehash of many old movies of R Sundarrajan and I was getting somewhat restless. thooLiyilE was sweet (the KSC version that had P Vasu's son on screen) but the scenes looked too repetitive and were slowly becoming intolerable. Radharavi & co were atrocious as well. Under such conditions, this song was so refreshing on-screen! Remember, I was listening to this number for the first time and rAsA had me in goosebumps and any tolerable thing on-screen would have felt too good (and Prabhu-Kushbu were more than that, at that time). I simply loved the song, scene and suddenly started feeling that I can sit thru the movie

That, probably, was the secret behind the stunning success of this movie! rAsA was a key factor - one has to take into account that TV networks weren't still established much, even though local cable TV fellows showing thirttu-VCR movies were starting up, no satellite channels in Thamizh and no DVDs (or even CDs). So, people had to visit theater to watch the visuals.

There we got to give credit to Prabhu, Kushbu and Vasu - regardless of the overall standard of the movie! The songs were picturized very well. (If someone has opinions otherwise, request to go back a couple of pages and watch pOvOmA youtube! I really see two kids innocently playing - kaN koLLAkkAtchi ayyA! I don't mind being called as "one with kuppai taste" if that's for enjoying pOvOmA video!) So, people thronged to the theaters, IMO, to watch the wonderful visuals for these couple of songs! I'll post more about Prabhu-Kushbu in the next song!

So, this movie had its own positives - even though there had been torturously negative scenes aplenty! (Please don't tell me the movie simply ran for songs - that way ninaivellAm nithyA & nizhalgaL should have been the biggest hits of TF...people adhu reNdaiyum eppadi kadAsinAngannu nyAyamAna manasukaLukku nallAppuriyum).
    Last edited by app_engine; 5th April 2012 at 08:19 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    sembavaLa muththukkaLa youtube :

Post Thanks / Like
    #337 குயிலப்புடிச்சு கூண்டில் அடைச்சு
    (சின்னத்தம்பி, 1991)

kuyilappudichchi kooNdil adachchi of chinnaththambi

SPB pouring out emotions nicely, making this song a winner! Sweet, melodious composition by rAsA that got so much of value add by the ace singer! Ofcourse there are overpowering string sections that can play around with people's hearts - typical rAsA speciality. Now, these two are generally "given" factors - by and large in TFM.

What cannot be so easily taken for granted are the visuals for such wonderful compositions! (Well, in a way my statement is not true - we can generally take it for granted that those will be horrible sodhappals and one has to close eyes ) Surprisingly, Prabhu got me in this song unawares and I was impressed at my first watch! From an appirANi - veLLandhi to an emotional villager, what a sweet transformation! Those who did more "harvesting" of Prabhu, like groucho, may not like this movie but I'm not one of that category I've watched only a few movies that had Prabhu solo hero (or with his dad's support) and he wasn't a big favourite. Actually, among my circles he was made more fun of than enjoyed - at any point of time. I would have possibly told his dad's kuthirai joke to almost every one with whom I've discussed cinema / songs However, in almost all song scenes of CT, I was terribly impressed.

And so was Kushbu - effortless performance! My wife kept reminding me how she looked like her cousin and that possibly added to her appeal - she was awesome in that movie at that point of time! (Unfortunately, that Kushbu-like-cousin had an untimely death, leaving an one year old child behind that made it even more difficult to forget this movie)...
    Last edited by app_engine; 5th April 2012 at 08:42 AM.