Page 291 of 400 FirstFirst ... 191241281289290291292293301341391 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,910 of 3993

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by app_engine I have a plan to start a PS thread in IR forum to post one song per week, with the posts entirely in Thamizh.

only solos or duets?

sometimes I am in the mood for only ladies or only boys when we hike or sit in front of the ocean -highway 1 - pacific coast trips etc.. nalla erukkum.

I am thinking of P.Susheela's solos with different composers one by one too.

I have collections of Lata with Madhan mohan, Lata with C.Ramachandra,

Lata with Khaiyyam, Lata with Salilda, Lata with S.D.Burman etc... like that,

Asha, Janu, Geeta dutt etc... They all have some good collections.

but P.Susheela, you don't see collections like that in the market.

என்றும் இனியவை, sad songs of சுஷீலா, அப்படின்னு few collections தான் பாக்கலாம் in the மார்க்கெட்.

anyway....good idea, app_eng!

IR-Susheela pair has given some eternal beauties like

sugamo aayiram....,thenil aadum rojaa..., poong kaaviyam.....etc..

ஒரே இடம் நிரந்தரம் இதோ உன் துணை இதோ என் இசை...... Super solos of Susheela!

We love our GREAT LADIES!

Lata, Susheela, Janu, Asha, Vani, L.R.E, Geeta Dutt etc.. You are all wonderful!

vinatha
    Last edited by baroque; 29th January 2012 at 03:57 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    baroque,
    It's not a compiling kind of exercise (like "IR-PS all hits"...no no)...it's simply certain songs that I feel close to Both duets & solos...

al_gates,
    Let's see...it'll be a while before that will get started...

vAsalilE poosaNippoo youtube :

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh...duets too.

definitely, showcase your choices of dear ones ... we enjoy your picks.

ஏ.....தென்றலே இனி நாளும் பாடவா....

vinatha.
    Last edited by baroque; 29th January 2012 at 05:54 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    #273 என்னுயிரே வா
    (பூந்தோட்டக்காவல்காரன், 1988 , சித்ராவுடன்)

bAdAm halvA comes to mind and mouth waters when I think of / hear this song! Especially the singing of KSC in the prelude! If a person says he/she does not like the start of the song or the drums that gloriously end the saraNam, I'll conclude without any diagnosis that the person is deaf!

KSC owns this song and aNNan SPB mostly plays a supporting role in this number. So is the orchestration, with the exception of drums that scintillates! What a sweet singing by the chinnakkuyil! I wish I have the patience to learn & do music editing so that I can have the start of this song as my personal "ring tone" on the phone Well, I'm so glad that KSC still has the same precision & sweetness if one goes by the recent Chennai concert of rAsA.

This song arrived when >90% of film songs that I was listening with fondness had KSC! No wonder this was on a couple of cassettes and had been frequently playing on my walkman. Interestingly, however, the Palakkadan thing that comes to mind w.r.t. this song is the barber shop on the road from Sultanpet to Fort maidAn Well, there were quite a few on that road and I was not loyal to any one of them. There was one shop that worked even on Tuesdays (which were holidays for saloons in general) where I landed on some Tuesdays. Then there was another that used electric machines (and finished the job in < 10 min, that is before I dozed off) where I went when in a hurry. However, the most visited one was the slow fellow that had a nice music system and played film songs, including the TF ones. Whenever he played TF songs, they invariably were rAsA's and there's no wonder it was my preferred destination.

It was in that shop that I've heard this song for the first time, the song from a Vijayakanth hit movie
    Last edited by app_engine; 30th January 2012 at 04:38 AM.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    Read the story and the comments. I was expecting remarks similar to VTR and son, but didn't expect the sympathy. Really felt bad myself. But then, he had his shot, should have made the most when he was at his peak and reinvented himself somehow. When dancing legs and six-packs are ruling the day, I think of actors like him, decent, never stepping out of the boundary and colourful too....
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    App,
    There is another SPB solo hit song “Manjapodi Thekkaiyele” (http://www.raaga.com/play/?id=266114) in Sh Sh. Please consider including this song as well in this IR-SPB hit songs list. Have heard a telugu version of this song (guess in a Chiru starrer).

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes Yes I too recommend Manjapodi song which is my fav and certainly good song
    Last edited by San_K; 30th January 2012 at 11:40 AM.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. 'manja podi' song is a remake of the Telugu song, 'maatarani mounamidhi'

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber raajarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    என்னுயிரே வா (பூந்தோட்டக்காவல்காரன், 1988 , சித்ராவுடன்)
    one of my most favourite

app, nice write up... drums is so soothing to listen in this song...
    IR / KH / Sujatha / Bala / BC Lara / Curtly Ambrose

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho070 View Post
    When dancing legs and six-packs are ruling the day, I think of actors like him, decent, never stepping out of the boundary and colourful too....

groucho,
    Me from his area in TN, so can certify for the "authentic portrayal" of a grAmaththAn of Madurai district in most cases (despite his awful costume / make-up). In fact, he looks like one of my cousins and that's another reason to like him (besides his association with rAsA)...

makkaLE,
    I'll listen to the other song from Sh.Sh & post it if I've heard it before.

If not, we can always discuss later on, among those "songs-left-out-by-the-ignorant-app_engine"