Page 267 of 400 FirstFirst ... 167217257265266267268269277317367 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,670 of 3993

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB

Administrator Diamond Hubber RR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    One of our silent hubbers PM-ed me about the 'Hare Radha Hare Krishna' movie of 1986 (Kamal-Sridevi, dubbed from Telugu) and reminded me about those songs.

Unfortunately, I don't remember listening to any of them before and can hardly relate to them / post about them.

I'll have to pass them...if someone had liking for them, please post
    App, I remember watching this during a college show. Some sridevi/golt-movie fans got it for screening.
    I think it followed typical telugu formula and we all had quite fun watching it (for the wrong reasons). There was one hit
    song 'paravam uruga' (which got some air time I guess). Sound like a rehash of 'vaan pole vannam kondu' -
    i.e. 'telugu-kuthu' formula.

So.. I guess you can safely skip this album

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    @a_e any song is fine. Manmadhan Ambu
    Forgiveness angle is inspired frm this movie.
    So any matching sichuveshan song irundhaa
    Play pannunga. Unlike grumpy grouch,traumatic
    Visions of surya appa don't haunt me that much.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    nanRi, al_gates

Quote Originally Posted by al_gates View Post
    Any paraparappu in Kerala Nadu when Usha's achievements happened?
    Ofcourse, she was on the cover of every mag / talk of the town everywhere!

thangappEN!

Post Thanks / Like
    nanRi rajkumarc, Divine22 & groucho for your kind comments!

Thank you groucho, for the youtube of the original of 'vA veNNilA'.

Going by the responses so far, it looks like iLanchOlai will be #249 & kaNNA #250...

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you RR sir, for the thagaval on HRHK!

The only think I remember about that movie was a poster in Palakkad where Kamal was sporting some fancy sun glasses...

jaiganes,
    Is the section from M-ambu inspired from Shyama (original of unakkAgavE vAzhkiREn) or HRHK?
    I couldn't get from your post...neither did I have a chance to watch the last KH movie

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    பருவம் உருக இதயம் தவிக்க
    இனிய குழலில் யமுனை முழுதும் பொங்க அலை பொங்க ...

lovely lovely song, app_eng!

love the lilting composition, Janu & Bala's singing is jillunnu!

listen to the prelude humming... none can lure the great man like Janu!

it brings out the teen age kushi in me....
    I love these compositions , Raja conjures playful mood with mirudhangam..
    remember முல்லை அரும்பே
    மெல்லத் திரும்பு
    என்னக் குறும்பு ....

vinatha.
    Last edited by baroque; 5th January 2012 at 12:12 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    #249 இளஞ்சோலை பூத்ததா
    (உனக்காகவே வாழ்கிறேன், 1986 )

I've posted sometime back on the "last-heard-song" thread about the strong appeal this song had towards a group of Detroitters in a socializing setting when I played an assorted set of IR songs on CD. Interestingly, every other song in that CD was "catchier" if one goes by pop culture. The group did have a couple of musicals but most others (from a variety of backgrounds) also preferred this number and insisted in getting a copy of the song. It was quite an enlightening experience to me on the real appeal of this song! We often tend to think that ICM (ok ok semi-ICM) numbers may not appeal to foreigners but this song is a proof against

SPB is at his smoothy peak! What an anAyAsam with which he sings difficult songs like this! Likewise, rAsA in full flow - both in the construction of the melody that is smooth / soothing and the brilliant arrangements / orchestration. no pisiRu or no appazhukku! Very repeatable / enjoyable number, with SPB & percussion the two prime aspects!

I don't remember hearing this song much during the 80's, however. OTOH, the Kanna song was a regular in buses which I always link to one terrific recording center near the Oddanchatram bus stand (that played that song in loud volume). It's possible buses played 'iLanchOlai' along with kaNNA but I didn't register them together because of not knowing the movie name or any other related info. (More on the movie name hunt of kaNNa song in tomorrow's post).

So, my appreciation for this number is quite recent. New finds like this make one wonder how many more treasures are there to be unearthed. Not that they were "rare" ones or not hits in their time. It's just that there were simply too many coming out during the later part of 80's & not-living-in-TN put one at a disadvantage of not perfectly updated (I think Sureshji had this experience as well and we often get surprised when he declares some numbers as 'first-time-listen' even though they were big hits in TN).

Anyways, better late than never! Songs like iLanchOlai should not be missed in life!

Like I mentioned before, this movie was directed by K Rangaraj & was a remake of Mammooty-Nadhiya Malayalam movie "Shyama" that was running in Palakkad during my first few months there. The songs in that movie are superb as well (not IR). Watched that on a DVD couple of years back - ok movie - but definitely don't want to watch the TF

dhool has hosted this song and there're some interesting comments by our forum regulars such as genesis, Vinatha (baroque) & Usha chEchi as well as old Df-ers (bb, Udhaya, Saravanan) who became dhool pillars.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    app,

Yes. I do have the experience of discovering a major Tamil hit (which was not known in Hyd) many a times.

'ilamcholai' I heard first in a tape titled 'Raagas of Raja' (It has all excellent numbers) A favorite tape of my wife as well and we have played multiple times in my car. Based on Dharmavathi / Madhuvanthi, this is an extremely melodious song. A very typical Raja semi ICM melody. A must hear.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't resist quoting one interesting info from dhool Saravanan here :

I still recall Senthil struggling to bring peace between his two wives; I forget who those 2 actresses were, but their on screen names were Suseela & Janaki! And he finally puts an end to their quarrels by threatening to marry another girl called Jikki

Post Thanks / Like
    App, I agree with the feller in the link who felt "oh endhan vaazhvile" is the better one from the movie