Page 202 of 400 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212252302 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 3993

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Bala (Karthik)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jaiganes View Post
    Sooper job app..
    Diligence, dedication and passion - Raaja would be proud to have a fan like you.
    you have taken us on a musical journey that is laid out on top of your personal life journey
    and it is simply splendid!! Chronologically the tale of the two legends began in 1976 and we have travelled 8 years so far
    and more than a decade and a half to cover (till 2000s ). Exciting and enthusiastic read this...
    Take a bow!!
    +1
    Evokes great imagery....
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    +1654236I wish I had a Raja-history like that. It was not until 1987 or so that I had cognizance of Raja and his genius. Until then, it was just the relation between individual songs and me.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aah.. Sooper-app-u! Sooper-app-u! The bass track in this song is quite kickass as well.
    Vinatha, thanks for the info on the rAgam.

Post Thanks / Like
    mikka nanRi jaiganes, Bala(Karthik), Plum & KV!

One question - is there any interview on the web of R Sundarrajan?

i.e. has he ever talked about his "experiences" with rAsA? We read / hear a lot from the other biggie directors, singers, producers but I don't remember reading anything from this man. The only "recent" news I read about him was resigning from a key position in the MDMK (Vaiko party). I know he moved to comedy acting and faded out from directing movies etc. However, it should be interesting to hear from him about the sessions he had with rAsA for PM, NPP, VK, AKK (and others)...

Post Thanks / Like
    R Sundarrajan as director has milked IR a lot to the benefit of TFM lovers. Here is a partial list of movies directed by him (he does not seem to have much followers on the web and the information one gets by googling is incomplete) :

payaNangaL mudivathillai (7 SPB gems, we've already posted about them all)

andha rAthirikku sAtchi illai - one of the few where he worked with other MDs, KVM for this film - there was a sweet SPB number (ethir pArthEn iLankiLiya kANalliyE IIRC)

nAn pAdum pAdal (2 SPB gems, 3 more SJ sweeties, one GA/SPS)

vaidhEki kAthirundhAL (no SPB there but some of the best-ever TFM numbers IMO - rAsAththi onna / inRaikku Enindha / azhagu malarAda / kAthirundhu / mEgam karukkaiyilE)

amman kOyil kizhakkAlE (chinnamaNikkuyilu, un pArvaiyil, kAlai nErappoonguyil are so sweet, couple of SPB numbers)

kungumachchimizh (nilavu thoongum nEram is a SPB sweetie, there are a couple more janaranjaga numbers like 'goods vaNdiyilE', 'vachchALAm neththippottu)

rAjAthi rAjA (there were only short songs by SPB I think but others were huge hits)

en jeevan pAduthu (orE muRai un darisanam & katti vachchukkO are evergreen...engirunthO azhaikkum is another...no SPB)

thirumathi pazhanisAmy (pAthakkolusu sweetie by SPB and a couple more nice numbers)

There should be a few more movies with nice songs, but the best had MSV-IR

mellaththiRandhadhu kadhavu!

(no need to list the songs)

There are very few directors in the TF history who can match this man's ability to "get" songs, IMO

Post Thanks / Like
    #176 சீர் கொண்டு வா, வெண் மேகமே
    (நான் பாடும் பாடல், 1984 , ஜானகியுடன்)

Very melodious, sweet duet by our celebrated pair from NPP, picturized on Sivakumar / Ambika (it must be Sivakumar, the writer, dreaming of the possibility of marrying the widow). Some of those details I don't remember now but someone please tell if Ambika is the fan of the writer - without knowing for a while that it is her neighbor? Or, does she know from the very beginning that this one indeed is her fav writer?

I'm intrigued because of seeing sAjan recently where that part of the movie was quite likeable Another reason is this song somehow reminds me of the melodies of sAjAn (there is some distant connection, possibly N-S got inspired from this or 'seer koNdu vA' had some old-indhi inspirations which were the source for N-S...not the melody but the "overall format" of merA dil bhi / bahut pyAr kartE hai / jiyO tO jiyE all have a "similar feel" of seer koNdu vA).

That apart, this song always makes me nostalgic about the trip some of us took to a classmate's home in Kulitalai, when this song was heard many times and got wired together in the brains and bubbles out each time I listen to this number. That was one road in which I loved to travel - though each time it happened in bus or car, if I ever get a chance again, I would love to bicycle all the way or simbly walk. Walk not on the road but on the bank of Kaveri or by the vAykkAl that runs parallel to the road for many miles! romba, rombappidichcha pradhEsam! Though it had been years since I drove in that, those marutha nilangaL with the fantastic banana fields are strongly etched in memory. mukkombu - spent many visits to that beautiful place with hostelmates, friends, relatives and would love to visit any number of times! Just standing by the river and watching the waters of chOzha nAdu gives one so much of thrill! I love this place more than kallaNai (which is sweet as well).

Back to the song, Oh - what a lovely way both these singers emote together! Also, the interludes are exquisite delights!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice pick and lovely trip down memory lane, App. Hell, I've explored so little of TN. Minji pOna oru paththu pannandu ooru dhaan paathirpEn idhu varaikkum
    Strangely I don't remember hearing this song in Thamizh so far. My playlist has the gult version of it - Naa nilayamu nee hrudayamE

Post Thanks / Like
    KV,
    You need to visit Mukkombu (which is located between Trichy & Karur and takes max 30 minutes from Trichy).

I haven't been on that road recently and it's possible lot of things changed. However, in the past, there was a railway gate (level crossing) near Pettavaiththalai (between Trichy & Kulitalai) where buses were often forced to wait for the train to cross.

There used to be an eager set of peddlers waiting for the opportunity to sell bananas to bus travellers. Their musical shout of 'வாளப்பளம், வாளப்பளம்' still rings in my years
    Last edited by app_engine; 15th October 2011 at 01:36 AM.

Moderator Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    App,

Two super songs from NPP and the details that had been listed out for பாடும் வானம்பாடி were good read. Of course சீர் கொண்டு வா, வெண் மேகமே was definitely the more popular. Regarding your doubt, Ambika doesn't realise that her favourite writer Sivakumar is his neighbour.

Not only your cousin, many in the audience liked வீட்டுக்கு வந்து முறைப்படி பொண்ணு கேளுங்க doslogue and the scene. In the same manner, during the song தேவன் கோயில் தீபம் ஒன்று, Ambika will sing அன்பே நீயும் எங்கே வந்தாய் and Mohan will be seen opening the auditorium door and enter in that was well received. Another dialogue that springs to my mind is while V.Gopalakrishnan and Kamala Kamesh discuss about the possible relationship between Sivakumar and Ambika, Gopalakrishnan will ask இரண்டு பேரும் பேசிக்கிட்ருங்காங்கங்கிறதானாலேயே ஓடி போயிடுவாங்கன்னு சொல்ல முடியுமா for which Kamala Kamesh will reply இல்லை.ஆனா ஓடிப் போனவங்கெல்லாம் இப்படி பேசிக்கிட்டுருந்தவங்கதான், for which there used to be huge response in the theatre.

This was also 1984 April 14th released movie and i remember seeing it in the first week at Madurai Sundaram.

Regards

Regarding R.Sundararajan's movies, you missed out தூங்காத கண்ணின்று ஒன்று [Mohan, Ambika] that had KVM as MD.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    R Sundarrajan as director has milked IR a lot to the benefit of TFM lovers. Here is a partial list of movies directed by him (he does not seem to have much followers on the web and the information one gets by googling is incomplete) :

payaNangaL mudivathillai (7 SPB gems, we've already posted about them all)

andha rAthirikku sAtchi illai - one of the few where he worked with other MDs, KVM for this film - there was a sweet SPB number (ethir pArthEn iLankiLiya kANalliyE IIRC)

nAn pAdum pAdal (2 SPB gems, 3 more SJ sweeties, one GA/SPS)

vaidhEki kAthirundhAL (no SPB there but some of the best-ever TFM numbers IMO - rAsAththi onna / inRaikku Enindha / azhagu malarAda / kAthirundhu / mEgam karukkaiyilE)

amman kOyil kizhakkAlE (chinnamaNikkuyilu, un pArvaiyil, kAlai nErappoonguyil are so sweet, couple of SPB numbers)

kungumachchimizh (nilavu thoongum nEram is a SPB sweetie, there are a couple more janaranjaga numbers like 'goods vaNdiyilE', 'vachchALAm neththippottu)

rAjAthi rAjA (there were only short songs by SPB I think but others were huge hits)

en jeevan pAduthu (orE muRai un darisanam & katti vachchukkO are evergreen...engirunthO azhaikkum is another...no SPB)

thirumathi pazhanisAmy (pAthakkolusu sweetie by SPB and a couple more nice numbers)

There should be a few more movies with nice songs, but the best had MSV-IR

mellaththiRandhadhu kadhavu!

(no need to list the songs)

There are very few directors in the TF history who can match this man's ability to "get" songs, IMO
    other movies...
    ninaive oru sangeedham
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal