Page 39 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Thread: ~~ Gadgets - Performance, Looks, Apps, Hottest Models ~~

Senior Member Veteran Hubber VENKIRAJA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Balaji.r View Post
    I am using LED for more than a year and I watch tamil bluray rips or any other language rips in my LED. The clarity and viewing experience is much better than plasma. On the look of it, you wont find diff betw LCD and LED. But the sharpness and picture quality is too good in LED.
    I mean, when the size of LED gets to around 50" or so, I find it annoying to see traces and lags. Plasma delivers some punch and vibrance. It was all IMO, I like it better. LED looks more closer to reality and Plasma was more close to the theatre experience. I like that aspect of Plasma's PQ. LEDs are the advanced technology, energy saving and better-looking for Games, etc. I agree. But somehow I'm not so into it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    which ezone? the one in perungudi has decent range.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Balaji.r View Post
    which ezone? the one in perungudi has decent range.
    I don't get you. I got mine in eZone, Valasaravakkam.
    You mean the lags and traces in the bigger LEDs, in the display of showrooms? No, No. I just meant generally. No particular goods.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Bala (Karthik)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VENKIRAJA View Post
    Got a new HDTV. Plasma.
    Which brand/model?
    When it comes to Picture quality, the widely held belief is that Plasma trumps LED. The main complaints against plasmas are image burn in and lesser half life (though manufacturers "claim" this is no longer an issue in the current models). And plasmas use up more energy

Had a Toshiba Regza (LCD) which was OK. Now, I've decided to go the plasma way - either Panasonic VT30 or Samsung PND8000 (42 inches). Picture quality-in sigarama ellaarum Pioneer Kuro-va solraanga (no longer available. Panasonic acquired Kuro technology). Next best-na indha rendu model pola irukku

P.S: Sony Bravia is crap (except the extremely expensive high end models). It's turning out to be the Saravana Bavan of television
    Last edited by Bala (Karthik); 12th October 2011 at 09:26 PM.
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Bala (Karthik)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    but Tamil bluray rips look a lot better in a LCD (proper distance) or even more dazzling in a Plasma
    Venki,
    Didn't get you. Which is better?
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VENKIRAJA View Post
    I don't get you. I got mine in eZone, Valasaravakkam.
    You mean the lags and traces in the bigger LEDs, in the display of showrooms? No, No. I just meant generally. No particular goods.
    perungudi showroom was huge. I meant that, nothing else.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bala (Karthik) View Post
    P.S: Sony Bravia is crap (except the extremely expensive high end models). It's turning out to be the Saravana Bavan of television
    worst phlow`s. Sound quality is not that good, mostly bass effect. Even the picture quality isnt that great, true color is altered.

you cant plug and play hard disk. Only USB is supported that too only two model`s are supported. Samsung wins hands down.

Moderator Diamond Hubber littlemaster1982's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Which brand/model?
    When it comes to Picture quality, the widely held belief is that Plasma trumps LED. The main complaints against plasmas are image burn in and lesser half life (though manufacturers "claim" this is no longer an issue in the current models). And plasmas use up more energy

Had a Toshiba Regza (LCD) which was OK. Now, I've decided to go the plasma way - either Panasonic VT30 or Samsung PND8000 (42 inches). Picture quality-in sigarama ellaarum Pioneer Kuro-va solraanga (no longer available. Panasonic acquired Kuro technology). Next best-na indha rendu model pola irukku

Venkiraja has LG PJ350R plasma (I have the same too). As you have rightly observed Plasmas generally offer natural colours and smooth picture as opposed to LEDs. Pioneer Kuros are no longer in production, but there is a new range of LED tvs which carries the "Elite" tag and PQ of Pioneer Kuros. They are damn expensive, though.

Panasonic VT20/30 is the best available plasma now. Kannai moodittu vaangunga

Moderator Diamond Hubber littlemaster1982's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Venki,
    Didn't get you. Which is better?
    If you watch TV programs more than movies, go for LED. If you mostly watch sports/movies, go for Plasma. Don't worry about burn-in, it's a thing of past.

Post Thanks / Like
    Which brand/model?
    For a Home theatre set-up.. say a movie everyday (at max), Plasma is the right choice.
    For full-on usage, like Living room TVs with a set-top box or analog cables, LED is a better option. And for regular usage, I suggest don't go for >32" screen size. For HT setup a 42" is ideal. A 50" Plasma is dropdead gorgeous! Saves a lotta cash when compared to equivalent LEDs. For the minimal time we use, (for Movies alone, I mean) power consumption and everything is negligible.
    Also, gaming is better in LEDs, no doubts!

Now, I've decided to go the plasma way - either Panasonic VT30 or Samsung PND8000 (42 inches).
    Panasonic Viera has the best Plasmas right now. The next best thing is LG, and is cheaper than Viera models. If you're looking for 3D Plasma, LG has a 42" version for 40k (Not at all suggested, except you're a hardcore 3D gamer or an avid Sports TV watcher)

adhe adhe!

Page 39 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast