Page 1 of 127 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: ~~ Gadgets - Performance, Looks, Apps, Hottest Models ~~

Senior Member Veteran Hubber ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

~~ Gadgets - Performance, Looks, Apps, Hottest Models ~~

Electronic Gadgets - Performance, Looks, Reviews, Apps, Hottest models and much more

Frnds. An exclusive thread for discussions on latest gadgets, ur personal reviews on them. You can also comment about your own handset, computer, laptop or any other gadget's performances, apps, post software and hardware related queries, and much more.

Here r some links of notable gadget sites -

CAMERAS:

¤ www.dpreview.com
    ¤ www.imaging-resource.com/

MOBILE PHONES:

¤ www.gsmarena.com
    ¤ www.alternatives2ipad.com/ (TABLETS)
    ¤ www.engadget.com
    ¤ www.mymobile.co.in
    ¤ www.androidpads.com

OTHERS (includes computer and hardwares and all in one sites):

¤ www.anandtech.com (has some info abt mobiles also)
    ¤ www.arstechnica.com
    ¤ www.reevoo.com
    ¤ www.cnet.com
    ¤ www.pcworld.com
    ¤ www.mashable.com
    ¤ www.infibeam.com
    ¤ www.armdevices.com
    ¤ www.deltapage.com ( chennai dealer )

COURTESY: Hubbers Sathya,S.Vallavar,Littlemaster,Ipvk.

Apart from these, renowned brands like Apple,Nokia,Sony,LG etc.. have their own official websites that hosts much more details abt their products. Also check in the sites of local dealers to have a best buy of a gadget and for offers.

Amazon gadgets link
    Dream Big !

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    let me start with a few words about my cell phone. Nokia E63. Its a qwerty keypad phone and belongs to the E -Series Nokia Phones. Main use

¤ for web browsing
    ¤ checking emails with Nokia Mail App
    ¤ downloading videos, songs

The qwerty keypad makes texting much easier than the 240*320 screen phones. Bought it for 9300 INR. Has mozilla Firefox as home browser. Web browsing is a pleasure with opera apps. Nice phone but large in size. Available in three colours - black,red, sorry..forgot the third colour. Nokia's symbian edition S60 platform allows us to have tons and tons of apps. Ovi store has plenty of apps to download. Overall a nice phone...
    Dream Big !

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good thread!

I was asking in one of the threads in the hub sometime back about what's the big invention / device to hit users, after cellphone & mp3 players...

Now, after using it for a couple of years, I'm convinced it's the GPS

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    GPS is slowly becoming a thing of the past with smartphones + 3G networks replacing them

Post Thanks / Like
    About 5 years back, my b-i-l wanted me to go with him as 'teknikkal-helppu' to the Best Buy store to get this thing called GPS (as his biz partner was coming from India and they had to travel around the U.S. and this was to help him navigate in non-familiar downtowns).

I was quite sceptical of the device, megallen was the name I think, priced > $900, bulky, small screen etc (found out later that the maps were stored in a Toshiba hard disk inside the dabbA). He got it anyways and during initial "test rides", it gave us directions that doubled the travel distance

I was thinking inside like - I'm fine with mapquest - may use phone based maps but never this one etc - at that time.

How wrong I was!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nerd,
    Most automobiles are getting the GPS (of some form) built-in.

I was amused to see the latest credit union ad - that for all auto loans a GPS will be a free gift

Post Thanks / Like
    Like I said, I was never planning to have one till the employer sent a 'navigon' as a gift a couple of years back

Even after that, it was just hanging there - the first trip from Detroit to Columbus was a disaster (it took me through village routes - 35 mile roads etc, unlike the one I was used to do, resulting in an extra hour).

However, slowly, I started using it as a secondary help (after keeping my mapquest route as preference #1) and it was handy in some new cities.

Post Thanks / Like
    Some of the reasons I love it now -

1. Speed limit display and comparing my current speed, audible warning if I go 10 miles over the limit (saved me in a few "school zones" where 45 mph suddenly drops to 25 mph in "first-time-cities" with a cop car around).

2. ETA thingy during long drives, "how many minutes I've gained" gives some childish pleasure

3. The map showing streets / streams nearby gives pointers to some nice "natural scenery views"

4. Elevation info (I was stunned to see a lot of road spots below sea level in FL)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd
    GPS is slowly becoming a thing of the past with smartphones + 3G networks replacing them
    Yeah. But gps is being extensively used for defence purposes. To locate enemy planes, locate particular persons, lost planes etc.. Remember learning this in 10th std geography subject.
    Dream Big !

Post Thanks / Like
    GET READY TO EXPERIENCE THE SPEED. 3G is fast arriving . ''Can expect connections from september '' says a BSNL official.
    Dream Big !

Page 1 of 127 1231151101 ... LastLast