Page 99 of 215 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast

Thread: Which non-indian film u saw recently has made u post here???

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Querida's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinesh84 View Post
    The Proposal .. old-time romantic comedy where the couple begins to hate each other in the beginning and ends up marrying! clearly predictable movie and less fun to watch.. and add to that Sandra Bullock.. yuck..
    must have been a gimmick picked up from SA movies...
    not so innocent...after all it continues to influence the whole "playing hard to get"/"no doesn't really mean no"...
    Last edited by Querida; 31st May 2011 at 06:14 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    2001 Space Odyssey - No words are enough to praise the visual spectacle that unfolds in front of you. Have never seen anything like this in any movie that I have seen. The Western Classical Music fits so well to the visuals and to the abstractness of the movie. It's unbelievable that this movie got released in the 60s and it looks so fresh & undated when viewed now. Will have to watch the movie a few more times.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    At one point I was going crazy trying to figure out what the heck the monolith is, it's connection with the whole Chariots of God theory. I then gave up and just enjoyed the film. What an accomplishment for 1968. It's great that way after 2001 we still love the movie for what it is rather than, making "haha, they thought we'd be like that in 2001 when we are far more retarded than that" remarks.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sherlock Jr (1924).

Lots of "how the heck did he do that" moments. Very surreal. Woody Allen's inspiration for Purple Rose movie. Absolutely crazy, less on laugh, more on stunts and illusions.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho070 View Post
    At one point I was going crazy trying to figure out what the heck the monolith is, it's connection with the whole Chariots of God theory. I then gave up and just enjoyed the film. What an accomplishment for 1968. It's great that way after 2001 we still love the movie for what it is rather than, making "haha, they thought we'd be like that in 2001 when we are far more retarded than that" remarks.
    Totally with you on it's all about the experience of watching this movie.

The one thing I love the most about this movie is the letting the visuals tell the story with minimalistic dialogues. However, most of the dialogue based scenes were quite powerful, especially disconnecting HAL.

I watched the making of the movie and was completely stunned that some of the sets were built to scale with engineers rather than art directors to make it as close to the real stuff as possible.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Terence Malick's Tree of Life has won the Palme D' Or this year. . Bob de niro was the head of the jury.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hangover 2 - It's funny that the critics are complaining its the same film again. What did they expect? Redemption at Shawshank? Even the trailer admitted its the same film. Anyway this one is not as 'tight' as part 1 but eminently watchable for the laughs. Stu rocks. The re-enactment by the 'kids' scene was brilliant. But be warned because I don't remember the last time I heard this many oohs and aahs in the theater

Magnolia - Othukkuren. PTA oru periya thillaalangadi dhaan. After multiple failed attempts to watch this, finally watched the film. Brilliant, emotionally draining drama with strong performances. Very very long at 3 hours but you don't feel that at all. Gets you to think and all that.
    Last edited by Nerd; 4th June 2011 at 07:30 PM.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Super 8 - JJ ,Steve :noteworthy: Brillant Brillant Brillant !! Best Sci-Fi of 2011 by a looooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg stretch
    For people who like Sci-fi especially of 60s and 70s , This is your dream come true moment a fresh story with 70s storyline and state of the art special effects
    Don't Miss it ..
    My onions and Signature changes according to my desperate need to be in lime light as the BIG Brother :0 - just saying..

Senior Member Senior Hubber Sid_316's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Winter's Bone - Haunting and Engaging!

Debra Granik and Jennifer Lawrence

Post Thanks / Like
    Paul: Time pass. Alien on board excitement wears off after sometime which makes the movie lose pace and by the time it gets over we dont care anymore. Nothing much to complain, but I was expecting this one to be good with such a promising premise. **1/2 stars
    Vaazhvathu edharku vaiyagathin sugangalai vaazhkaiyil perathaane!