Page 91 of 215 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191 ... LastLast

Thread: Which non-indian film u saw recently has made u post here???

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Murder On The Orient Express. NallA irundhuch. The guy who played Poirot and Ingrid Bergman were good.
    நெலயா நில்லாது நினைவில் வரும் நெறங்களே

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajithfederer View Post
    Mildred Pierce - Parts 3, 4 and 5 (the final). Very good. Mini-series padathai vida better aa edukkkuranga. Winslet is very good. Proves yet again that she is one of the finest actresses in her generation.
    முழுசா ஒரு தொகுதியையை கூட இன்னும் பார்க்கமுடியவில்லை. அங்கங்கே கொஞ்சம் கொஞ்சம். ரொம்ப ஆவலா இருக்கு. நேரத்தை ஒதுக்கி எப்படியாவது பார்த்துவிடனும்.

ஆமாம். நீங்க சொல்வது போல, Winslet நடிப்பில் பல பரிமாணங்களை எட்டிவிட்டார். மன அழுத்தம், சோகங்களை அவர் முகம் நன்றாகவே எடுத்துக் காட்டுகிறது.

பின்னணி இசையும் , ஒளிப்பதிவும் மெச்சத்தக்கது. ஒரு காட்சிக்கு "பட்டத்து ராணி பார்க்கும் பார்வை" மெட்டு பின்னணி இசையில் ஒலித்தது. அந்த பழைய தமிழ்ப் பாடல் சுட்ட பழமா சுடாத பழமா என தெரிந்தவர்கள் சொல்லலாம்.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Post Thanks / Like
    Another Year a Mike Leigh film

I am quite sure, even though there is no way of watching all the movies released in 2010, that Another year will be in the top 5 best movies if not the Best movie of 2010. For sometime now I haven't been able to watch movies without getting distracted by the movie's technicalities, mistakes, goofs, trivia etc and this has stopped me from watching movies how I used to watch it, just for the story and characters. But from the very first scene this movie made me watch the it as an audience and I couldn't have cared less for the technicalities.

That's how powerful and realistic these characters in Another Year are. There is nothing extraordinary happening in the movie at all because this isn't a film about rebelling youngsters or revenge seeking oldies but just Old and middle age people realizing where they are in their life, seeing where the others are and deciding whose life is more miserable or happy. But the things that are happening can very well happen to you at a point of time in your life. The actors are very well suited and they all have peculiar faces so that even though many characters, significant or not, come and go, we can remember all of them as if we have met them all in a party which happened a couple of days back. And I am still not able to see any of them actors but just as those characters. I wouldn't like to see or know if Ruth Sheen has a family or a life at all but I feel like I know Gerri like a neighbor I have had for decades.

Though they are old people and people in mid-life crisis, they seem to have something pushing them to look forward in their life. As the title suggests we are witnessing only Another year in their lives they might have seen more in their past and they are still living. Nothing soul/life shattering happens in this year, nothing riveting or path changing happens in this year this is just Another Year.

Though I dont have much to say about the technical aspects of the film maybe until I watch it again, which I will definitely do, I liked how each season brings in misery and delight a step closer. The cinematographer needs to be applauded for bringing the moods of each season so accurately which plays a major role in the movie. As I have already said this is one incredible movie which shouldn't be missed. Highly recommended.
    Vaazhvathu edharku vaiyagathin sugangalai vaazhkaiyil perathaane!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any one seen 'Limitless' ?? any good?

Looking forward to the 'Fast And Furious', it is relasing in UK next week, if any one has seen it please post your reviews .

Thanks
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Querida's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kubrick View Post
    Another Year a Mike Leigh film

I am quite sure, even though there is no way of watching all the movies released in 2010, that Another year will be in the top 5 best movies if not the Best movie of 2010. For sometime now I haven't been able to watch movies without getting distracted by the movie's technicalities, mistakes, goofs, trivia etc and this has stopped me from watching movies how I used to watch it, just for the story and characters. But from the very first scene this movie made me watch the it as an audience and I couldn't have cared less for the technicalities.

That's how powerful and realistic these characters in Another Year are. There is nothing extraordinary happening in the movie at all because this isn't a film about rebelling youngsters or revenge seeking oldies but just Old and middle age people realizing where they are in their life, seeing where the others are and deciding whose life is more miserable or happy. But the things that are happening can very well happen to you at a point of time in your life. The actors are very well suited and they all have peculiar faces so that even though many characters, significant or not, come and go, we can remember all of them as if we have met them all in a party which happened a couple of days back. And I am still not able to see any of them actors but just as those characters. I wouldn't like to see or know if Ruth Sheen has a family or a life at all but I feel like I know Gerri like a neighbor I have had for decades.

Though they are old people and people in mid-life crisis, they seem to have something pushing them to look forward in their life. As the title suggests we are witnessing only Another year in their lives they might have seen more in their past and they are still living. Nothing soul/life shattering happens in this year, nothing riveting or path changing happens in this year this is just Another Year.

Though I dont have much to say about the technical aspects of the film maybe until I watch it again, which I will definitely do, I liked how each season brings in misery and delight a step closer. The cinematographer needs to be applauded for bringing the moods of each season so accurately which plays a major role in the movie. As I have already said this is one incredible movie which shouldn't be missed. Highly recommended.
    Now I'm incredibly curious, after all your "it's not this and it's not that" and it still managed to keep you riveted and coming back for another view...intriguing indeed...will keep it in mind. Btw, nice thoughtful writeup.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Querida View Post
    Now I'm incredibly curious, after all your "it's not this and it's not that" and it still managed to keep you riveted and coming back for another view...intriguing indeed...will keep it in mind. Btw, nice thoughtful writeup.
    Thank you! Hope you enjoy it too.
    Vaazhvathu edharku vaiyagathin sugangalai vaazhkaiyil perathaane!

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know how long it has been should be at least a decade should have passed and now I am watching an episode of "The X files". Sweet heart Gilly rocks and Fox Mulder is great.

The episode is "Jersey Devil"

Senior Member Senior Hubber arthi2780's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Rite : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1161864/ => Watchable.

Senior Member Senior Hubber complicateur's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rio. Out in theaters last Friday. Lovely little film. Definitely recommend a watch. Thoughts on the film here.
    "Fiction is not the enemy of reality. On the contrary fiction reaches another level of the same reality" - Jean Claude Carriere.
    Music

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Querida's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watched "The King's Speech"

haven't watched that much restraint in characters for awhile,
    Colin was painfully accurate in his portrayal of a speech epidement, talk about pressure...
    Geoffrey Rush was the man that lit up the whole story, without him I don't think that this movie would have made it very far
    though slow as molasses in parts and of course that stiff Brit humour and decorum that of course is expected from the Royals/British culture
    Special mention for Mrs. Simpson...what a woman (someone you hate to admire, but do so anyways)
    Another plus factor for me was the architecture...the scenes in the houses, the palaces, the gardens, the church...so rich in detail and luxury.