Page 68 of 215 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168 ... LastLast

Thread: Which non-indian film u saw recently has made u post here???

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Revisited The Shining. An amazing horror movie. It is visually so rich especially all the scenes inside the hotel. A haunting title score to such a beautiful location actually prepares you for the horror that unfolds later. Jack Nicholson and that little kid were superb in their roles.

I did not understand one thing in the climax, why do they show a picture of Jack in that photo in the end. What significance it has to what happened during the movie?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    He was always the caretaker of that hotel.
    Quote Originally Posted by rajkumarc View Post
    Revisited The Shining. An amazing horror movie. It is visually so rich especially all the scenes inside the hotel. A haunting title score to such a beautiful location actually prepares you for the horror that unfolds later. Jack Nicholson and that little kid were superb in their roles.

I did not understand one thing in the climax, why do they show a picture of Jack in that photo in the end. What significance it has to what happened during the movie?

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks af and s_c. The IMDB link was very helpful. Lot of good comments on various aspects in that movie. I will get to watch it again after reading them all.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pulp Fiction
    easily one of the best films i have seen..the narration style-vintage TARANTINO..chanceless...the way jeuls and vince walk out of the restaurant--
    the whole narration comes in a circular format..btw i realised there is no separate plot..just a array of few sequences revolving around Marsellus and his associates.. any conversation wil have something happening at the end of it...trademark tarantino...gethu pa
    Say My Name

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Criminal Law (1988)

Actually five minutes of it (morning waiting for wife to get ready). I saw the lead looking vaguely like Christian Bale, but it's 1980s dammit, Bale was a kid making a movie with Spielberg. Appuram nalla uthtupaartaa...ada namma Gary Oldman-u. I know he's good looking and all, but not this good looking. And playing an American lawyer. Is there no end to this man's cameleonesque performances? He looks different from one film to another. Too bad I had only five minutes. I'd definitely catch it again (shown in HBO)
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber kid-glove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    You got it bang on about the chameleon tendencies of this amazing, amazing actor.
    ...an artist without an art.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Look at this. Look at this:Got that from this amusing piece I found in the net.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hell Yeah. Easily. Meryl Streep is the best actress.
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho070 View Post
    It's Complicated.

Many times I am compelled to say that Meryl Streep is the NT of Hollywood, in terms of consistency in performance and her prolific outputs. This film is a testimony that if you take her out of a mediocre so-called rom-com, the films would be aweful. With a simple story, the entire film depended on her, even with Alec Baldwin (a competent guy) and a sober Steve Martin (stop aping Sellers!). And she looks so gorgeous without too much makeup or plastic gorgeous, at 60 nonetheless.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber kid-glove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never Let Me Go - undercooked, selective & unfulfilled.
    ...an artist without an art.