Page 4 of 215 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Which non-indian film u saw recently has made u post here???

Senior Member Diamond Hubber kid-glove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    kthxbye
    ...an artist without an art.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Ahn...oru pEchchukku sonnA udanE reparteedaradhA?
    naan avvaLO gendilmEnA irundhA yEn inga varEn
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watched "The Karate Kid(2010)"..
    The film was good in some parts where the boy reads a letter to hus friend Mei in Chinese.. and then the story is very much predictable during the end.. Are they promoting tourism in China?

With much anticipation i started watching the movie, but was disappointed

PS: i have not watched earlier versions of The Karate kid

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Coraline (2009)

Beautiful. Fanstastic. How come I missed it first time around?

GM: Dey, ithe kelviya ettana tadavadaa ketpa?
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber Prabo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kick Ass V2.0 - Action sequences and soundtracks are cool

Post Thanks / Like
    Alvin and the chipmunks-2-Got this for my son who said he will watch later and slept while I ended up watching the whole thing

Good animation of the chipmunks and chippettes with equally good voice overs.Had a few dull moments but quite enjoyable overall ,even for adults.
    Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber kid-glove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Ghost Writer (Polanski, 2010)

Best English language film of the year to me, so far Better than Shutter as the 'Island' film of the year. Better than both Shutter Island and Inception (Nolan could learn a thing or two about efficient, economical architectural usage by Polanski) as a thriller. Neither emotionally cathartic as former, nor relatively insular, and elliptical as latter. Nor is the emphasis on unreliable protagonist, lest of all distorted information!

Polanski proves his formalistic eclecticism is always servicing the story, and never goes against it. Minimalistic soundtrack as usual. I said many times, Polanski is the living master of suspense. While no Hitchcock, you've got to hand it to him in his mis-en-scene and control of narrative in its tone & pacing. By the end of narrative, you'd have experienced something haunting, visceral and incisive - in both visual and aural form.

One of the sufficiently palpable climaxes I could remember from a Polanski film, as I think most of his scripts often loses the trick by its denouement. No cheap ellipsis in name of ambiguity here. Polanski is far too assured of his craft..

Given time, I'll probably choose this to be among his best works. It might not be a Noir classic like Chinatown, but still as a thriller it's a vast improvement on Frantic (which is still a gripping narrative for most part, about two third of the film to be precise!) and Ninth Gate (that's again tonally messed up by occult satanism & surreal overtones towards the end), as aforementioned the last act of these films spoil the prescient buildup. But The Ghost Writer is well etched out, and everything seems in place - especially the agoraphobic mood of the place and the inscrutable feeling the character goes through. And when thrillers could be emotionally accessible (admittedly, figuratively speaking, the impulsive feel isn't distorted as much as the 'informed' intellect), it's often a plus - I much prefer The Ghost Writer and Frantic over Ninth Gate in this regard. Overall, TGW over Frantic and Ninth Gate for me. Like how Rosemary's baby trumps both Repulsion and The Tenant in Apartment trilogy. Even if I'm not comfortable in rating it over Chinatown, Rosemary's baby and The Pianist (again a major work!) , I'd say it's at least on par with Bitter Moon, Macbeth (oddly revoked in The Ghost Writer through the Missus of quasi-exiled ex-Prime Minister), and Death and the Maiden. Among first person narrative and a neo-noir, this seems more in spirit of Chandler(and this is always good news to this noir fan) than Hammett and Cain

In conclusion, a fine film by one of the finest 'filmmakers' who deserves material like this (I sincerely hope he collaborates more with Robert Harris). It's often the written material that faulters. And yet, Polanski isn't one of the types who fall into what Mr.Peter Greenaway refers to as "105 Years of illustrated Text". I've never seen a bad film by Polanski including What?, Pirates and Oliver Twist. He's that good.
    ...an artist without an art.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone seen the 'Karate kid' or the 'The A Team' ?? any good
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Post Thanks / Like
    Night at the musuem-2:The first part had an innovative concept and was a riot.

This one as with most sequels tries to stretch the idea without the same effect.A bit gimmicky at times and not as interesting as Part 1 but still an enjoyable watch,no doubt.

A Few Good men:Hair rising film.Can't believe how I missed this all these years.Brilliant court room drama with arresting performances by Jack Nicholson and Tom Cruise.Demi Moore was a bit underwhelming,though.

Plays to the gallery at times but works out huge.

Must watch.
    Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Sarna's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Josie and the pussycats - cool entertainer
    ஊரு வம்ப பேசும்
    அட உண்மை சொல்ல கூசும்
    போடும் நூறு வேஷம்
    தினம்
    பொய்ய சொல்லி ஏசும்
    ஏ தில்லா டாங்கு டாங்கு
    அட என்னா உங்க போங்கு

Page 4 of 215 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast