Page 212 of 215 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 2142

Thread: Which non-indian film u saw recently has made u post here???

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maapi,

Please continue your greater service.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mad Max Fury Road by George Miller [2015 : English : Action (Dystopian) : 2hrs]

Oh, what a movie, what a Lovely Movie.

Pure Action Movie. There, the 3 words summerises it. You can stop further reading here and go and watch the film, moreover if you are an action movie fan, you must take the ride. And Watch it in 3D, bigger the screen, better.

A group of good people amoung the evil people try to escape from the bad people. The Wastelands teaches them a realisation, how far are we going to run ?. They turn back for Redemption. Furiosa, the furious commander of Immortan Joe transports conveys through the Wastelands, with semi-zombish white lads called war-boys who are a kind of brain-washed childs. Half way thru the wastelands, surrounded by other enemy clans, she takes a D-turn. And thats into 15 minutes of the film. The next half an hour is worth your investment (time & money) and anything following after that in its run time close to 120 minutes, is a give away.

The escape is not that simple. Followed by 'middle-finger' cladded War boys, Furiosa faces a fire-sand strom ahead of her. She gets her War Machine, an immense truck equiped to live stronger than ever, into the storm. Thats like a climax : be warned its not, we are still at the intro, say ACT 1. Every others following, enter into this vaccum spin of sand, along with the Theme song composed by Tom Holkenborg a.k.a JUNKIE XL and then, everything comes to an end. I watched this movie with about 2000+ other spectators. Soon after the sandstrom there is calm, inside the movie too. And its then you hear not the Dolby Digital 7.1 setup sounds, but the real exhale. Everyone calmed down too by letting out the breathe they were holding for more than 30 minutes. Yes, its possible, experience it on the Fury Road. Director George Miller strikes again with his wand to captivate the contemporian audience, just the way he did about 3 and half decades back.

- You have blood on your face. You are bleeding.
    - Its not his blood.

And that's Max for you. Detailing which you get this :

The Man, we called Max. To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time, when the world was powered by the black fuel and the deserts sprouted great cities of pipe and steel. Gone now, swept away. For reasons long forgotten, two mighty warrior tribes went to war, and touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel they were nothing. They'd built a house of straw. The thundering machines spluttered and stopped. Their leaders talked and talked and talked but nothing could stem the avalanche. Their world crumbled, the cities exploded. A whirlwind of looting, a firestorm of fear. Men began to feed on men. On the roads it was a white-line nightmare. Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice. And in this maelstrom of decay ordinary men were battered and smashed. Men like Max, the warrior Max. In the roar of an engine, he lost everything and became a shell of a man, a burnt out, desolate man - a man haunted by the demons of his past. A man who wandered out into the wasteland.

And it was here in this blighted place that he learned to live again.

- The Road Warrior.

Fury Road assumes that you already know Max - through 3 earlier episodes. Even if you don't know Max -The Toecutter or The Nightrider or The Humungus or Aunty or Bartertown - the movie will still look fresh. Fury Road just brings in few memeory bits and says not why Max can't be killed, but why he shouldn't be killed. And Max just can't die, he is a Survivor. Fury Road also carries a lot of references from its own Classic - crank operated music box, saw gun, medical bag, etc., - which is indeed quite fun for a fan like me to collect them.

So, what has all this to do with Max, the once Justice, but at present, The most Wanted Man in the Wastelands - I am the only one running for the alive and the dead. [Similar quote from Max 3 : I'm the guy who keeps Mr. Dead in his pocket.] Max, the survivor, gets caught between the escape of Furiosa, during his own escape. Voilà, the reason for all the explosions. Just like in the classics - Max just wanted to take a vacation & Max just needed some gas to roll away & Max just needed his things back - just like in the classics, in Fury Road too Max gets caught in a suituation he never demanded for.

Fury Road could be the direct sequel to Mad Max 2 : The Road Warrior. The movie is about motors, dodges & explosions. You get the intro from Mad Max 1 and few other references including the Sand-Fire Storm (the aftermaths of Pox-Eclipse) from Mad Max 3 : Thunderdome. There are also several scenes from the classics put inside - 'hair cut scene' ref. Max 3, 'carrying Nux' ref. Max 2, 'pole vaulting' ref. Max 1, 'Saw gun firing only fumes' ref. Max 2, 'buried in the sand' ref. Max 3, Bubba-Wez-Ironbar Bassey-Rictus Erectus : the 4 unstoppable side-kicks from respective episodes, etc. The lastest episode is quite close to The Road Warrior, where Drama is served cold.

Tom Hardy plays Max Rockatansky, a perfect sucessor to Gibson. He got the role right and played it right. Charlize Theron as Furiosa is great. Hugh Keays-Byrne who played The Toecutter in Mad Max, is the menancing Immotan Joe. What a Mask ! [In Road Warrior, the villan-The Humungus wears a hockey mask]. Thought the others did a good job too, think they were to perform cheesy and they exactly did that. The war-boys and their make-up were extraordinary. The editing & BGM lifts the movie throughout, which is already placed high by the cinemotography. The various (movement) shots, just like in the classics, gets upgraded here. The coloring is flawless and helps a lot with the 3D conversion. There are movies which give hommage to stuntmen, George Miller gave them jobs, those which are taken away by the CGs. Almost 80% of the stunts are real, the rest 20 % went for corrections likes accelarations, continuity, explosions, speed-up, etc.

No gore, but a bit violent, nothing that you cannot handle. As I am affected with 'give-me-more' syndrome, felt the end was bit rushed, eventhough it was awesome. Another 30 minutes before the close of the film is all I ask for.

Remember... no matter where you go, there you are !
    * The madness has began at a theatre near you, can you survive ?

Mad Max Fury Road : Dying times's here*

*From Thunderdrome

Here is my favourite picks from the OST

Last edited by mappi; 16th May 2015 at 06:04 AM.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Post Thanks / Like
    You thought Mad Max is the reason, nope, its him, the Main Man responsible for all the Madness ... Oh! What a Music !

Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Post Thanks / Like
    Spanish Films
    Back to Back Alberto Rodriguez Crime Thrillers

Grupo 7 (Unit 7) [2012 : Crime : 2hrs]

(The Man in the Middle is Alberto Rodriguez)

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln.

Anti-Drug Squad labeled Unit 7, a four member team led by Angel, operates by taking violent measures to remove small and big time drug dealers from the city before the 1992 World Expo begins - time left 5 years. As the years pass and too much involved with cleaning up, including their own trails, Unit 7 is in the breach of crossing every line, those lines which they were supposed to guard.

The film does not explain anything and thats where its intelligence lies. Just like the movie 'Proposition', it allows you to narrate it to yourself. As we follow the actions of the Unit 7, we come to know who everyone (really) are. A bit violent at times, the runtime skates past.

Grupo 7 (Unit 7) - Duty & Drugs

La isla minima (Marshland) [2014 : Crime (Mystery, Suspense) : 1h45m]

The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes.
    - From 'The Hound of the Baskervilles' by Arthur Conan Doyle.

Detectives from the city, Pedro & Juan, investigate the disappearence of teens in a 'time-forgotten' Guadalquivir Marshes, an agricultural marshy land. They don't heistate to follow the leads and the misleads by working round the clock to solve the piling missing cases before the cultive season begins, finally suceeding in cracking themselves as the killer advances on his latest prey. More than the mystery before them, coping up with each other becomes a bigger challenge.

Not the usual 'Good Cop - Bad Cop' scenario, Marshlands is more on characters and emotions. A great film making in all aspects.

La isla minima (Marshland) - Mystery March

In both the films, however hard you try, you cannot miss the fabulous music score by Julio de la Rosa and the fantastic cinemotography/camera works by Álex Catalan including some outstanding performences/stunts and Alberto Rodríguez's screen writing & direction.
    Last edited by mappi; 28th May 2015 at 04:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Norwegian Double-Deal Dramas
    [Starring Stellan Skarsgard]

King of Devil's Island [2010 : Drama : 2hrs]
    (Norwegian Working Title: Kongen av Bastøy [King vs Bastoy])

Directed by Marius Holst.

Based on True Story - An historical uprising at Bastoy Prison, an island fortified by sea, bought and put into function as a juvenile detention centre by the then Norwegian King during the late 19th century. If you are interested, several documents and documentries are available on Bastoy Prison. This film is a faithful reproduction of events, for Cinema.

Lieutenant. I need to talk to someone higher up. I wish to speak to the King of Norway. Tell him ... it's the King of Bastoy.

The above are Epic Lines/Moments in Cinema. The prisoners, or the kids judged inapt for the soceity, go by code names during their 're-eductaion' stay at the island, Bastoy Prison. C-1 is awaiting his release, while a new kid code named C-19 gets enrolled. Events make their paths cross which increases a bondage between them, thereby allowing them to lead the rest of the kids to revolt against Bastoy Administration. Thus, C-19 talks to the Lieutenant, which does not go well with the King neither.

What makes the movie amazing, apart from extrodinary visuals & performence, is the dialogues. They are short and pop up at right moments.

"Here, I'm your captain. This island is my ship. The housefathers are my mates. Our goal, and your goal, is to find an honorable, humble, useful Christian boy in here. Shape and polish him. And if we don't find him ... you'll stay here."
    - The Governor

Erling: What had you done at eleven to be sent here?
    Olav: I stole from the church donation box.

King of Devil's Island - Divine Right of Kings

In Order of Disappearance [2010 : Drama : 2hrs]
    (Norwegian Working Title : Kraftidioten)

Directed by Hans Petter Moland

Yes, you can say that I am a Pathfinder. Eventhough I find the same path again and again.

Three fathers, strangers to each other, battle it out for their kin - Nils a snow plough driver is in search of the individuals who could have ended his son's life ; Papa, a Siberian druglord wants to avenge his son's brutal murder ; Aron who runs the powerful drug cartel is looking for his kidnapped son.

A well shot film with a bit of humour always around including its title. Apart from getting a bit violent few times, the dialogues are quite hillarious too. But the Drama is pungent.

In Order of Disappearance : "I hope you burn in hell". 'Fine ... you can join me by the fire then'

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Lazarus Effect

Looks like the director has watched our Thakkali Srinivasan's Naalaiya Manidhan. Same story of bringing back from the dead and the experiment going wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Post Thanks / Like
    247 Fahrenheit. Interesting concept and based on a true story. Four friends go visit a relatives cabin which has a home made sauna in it. One of the friends leaves for the bathroom knocks something against the door blocking the other three in. He falls asleep when he wakes up he looks everywhere except the sauna for them. As they we supposed to go to a party he thinks they went without him. Next morning when the discovery is made one of the friends is dead one unconscious.

Post Thanks / Like
    Back-to-Back Horror Comedies

British Horror Comedy - ZomCom

- Those things are vampires! We need crucifixes, garlic, silver, holy water, and Christopher Lee!
    - No, you soppy tart, those things are fucking zombies!

Brothers with their pretty cousin checkout thier grand-dad and his inmates in a Retirement House surrounded by reanimated dead flesh. "Boys, boys. Now you're talking my language."

And I had the subs switched on.

Cockneys vs Zombies - "Piss off, you muppets!"

Spanish Horror Comedy - Werewolf

Lobos de Arga (English Working Title : Game of Werewolves)

(Not the movie poster, as I like the comics cover)

Village Arga is cursed (something simlilar to Stephan King's Thinner) and the villagers wait 100 years for the chosen one to pass by so that their curse could be removed once and for all. But sometimes when you ask for more, you will get more !

A hillarious film, with a strong and interesting story.

Lobos de Arga : 'Fuck the rural tour!'
    Last edited by mappi; 3rd June 2015 at 04:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Kung Fury - Masterpiece

Post Thanks / Like
    The Blue Elephant (El Feel El Azraq) [2014 : Arabic : Mystery (Horror, Suspense) : 2h31m]

Directed by Marwan Hamed

Based on the novel by the same name by Ahmed Mourad (I have not read the novel)

Strictly For Adults Only

Been a while I have seen an intense film. Can't say much about the movie as it shifts genres elegantly and the way it leads us to the revelation is amazing, also, as there are few unexpected horror parts inside the film. If you are planing to watch the movie, irrespective to your likeness to such genres, please do yourself a favour by not checking the reviews on internet.

Here is a gist of the film : When one of the collegue/friend of a psychotherapist lands in the prison accused for murder, the Doctor should find ways to protect the victim who seems to be suffering from schizophrenia during the act of crime. But in the process, to find the cure or solve the mystry, the Doctor should open such doors which could lock him inside forever. Slowly loosing the ability to distinguish, the Doctor should hurry not only to save his friend but himself too.

The vision seen through the travels are wonderfully picturised and the theme music (given the link below) is vibrant. The camera works are so punctual that it enhances the genre paths that this film travels on, in its 150 minutes runtime. The dialogues are terrific even for a subtitled translation (and they are quite easy to follow with a bit of attention here and there). The artists and the technical crew, I don't know any of them to credit individualy, but every one were fabulous, esp. the man behind the camera during the final act and the climax.

The Blue Elephant - Silence of an Egyptian Lamb

Here the music that raises the viewing experience.

Last edited by mappi; 27th July 2015 at 03:10 AM.