Page 19 of 215 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast

Thread: Which non-indian film u saw recently has made u post here???

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajithfederer
    Mackenna's Gold (1969) .
    Offered to Eastwood first, but he turned it down and did Hang 'em High. Mackenna apparently didn't do too well, but it was nice to know that most of Non-US fans love it. Check out Irummbukottai Murattu Singgam.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    13 Rue Madeleine (1947)

Good spy thriller, except the opening News Reel narration, which was okay for its time. I didn't know about this film, and bought it just because it has the one, the only, the mighty JAMES CAGNEY was in it.

BTW, I feel Fleming might be influenced by the O77 dept in this film, for the famous OO7 number. Possible.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Men Who Stared At Goats (2009)

Superb casting. Jeff Bridges, Ewan McGregor, George Clooney. It's serious if you are into paranormal stuff, and hillarious if you are not. I laughed my a** off.

Post Thanks / Like
    A Night In Casablanca (1946)

One of the last few films of the Marx brothers. Age shows here, but business as usual. Not their best, but any Marx Bros outing is awesome.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    This one is in Netflix stream mode. Will watch it for sure and Thanks for the insights into IrumbuKottai murattu singam.
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho070

Superb casting. Jeff Bridges, Ewan McGregor, George Clooney. It's serious if you are into paranormal stuff, and hillarious if you are not. I laughed my a** off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajithfederer
    This one is in Netflix stream mode. Will watch it for sure and Thanks for the insights into IrumbuKottai murattu singam.
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho070

Took this quote from imdb, and yes, it's delivered by Jeff Bridges :

Bill Django: Mother Earth, you're my life support system. As a soldier I must drink your blue water, live inside your red clay and eat your green skin. Help me to balance myself. As you hold in balance, the Earth, the sea, and the space environments. Help me to open my heart, knowing that the Universe will feed me. I pray my boots will always kiss your face, and my footsteps match your heartbeat. Carry my body through space and time. You're my connection to the Universe and all that comes after. I'm yours and you are mine. I salute you.

And this (not involving Bridges):
    General Brown: So they started doing psy-research because they thought we were doing psy-research, when in fact we weren't doing psy-research?
    Brigadier General Dean Hopgood: Yes sir. But now that they *are* doing psy-research, we're gonna have to do psy-research, sir.
    [leans forward]
    Brigadier General Dean Hopgood: We can't afford to have the Russian's leading the field in the paranormal.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    expendables
    oru 1960's M.G.R padam...STONE COLD kagedhan parthen..but use pannave ille...mokkai padam overall..cliched,clichednnu oru varthai irukku..HOLLYWOODLE IVVOLO IRUKKA?
    Say My Name

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Talk To Her. Revisited. Trust Almodovar to make even the bizarre moments to be moving.

One thing that occurred to me during the first time i watched the film - Potential spoilers please - Is Benigno's sexuality purposefully made ambiguous? Or it's just me? Couldn't get rid off this thought even during the second watch. I somehow expected Benigno to fall in love with Marco (they love each other as friends, that's always there), may be because I was too conscious that I am watching Almodovar. But I am still not sure it's not that way.

Whatay film, anyways The Shriking man is a masterstroke!

One for that song
    நெலயா நில்லாது நினைவில் வரும் நெறங்களே

Post Thanks / Like
    Revisited Godfather 2

IMO, the most emotional sequence of the trilogy is the scenes related to the pentangli brothers.

The whole sequence of frankie 5 angels identifying his brother in the court, confirming with Tom about his brothers safety and then acepting the good roman deal.

The scene where Tom and frankie speaks after the court proceedings,with tom suggesting what frankie should do next and his family would be taken care of - probably the best scene of the trilogy...captures the whole mood of the Godfather saga.
    OM NAMASIVAYA

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raghavendran
    expendables
    oru 1960's M.G.R padam...STONE COLD kagedhan parthen..but use pannave ille...mokkai padam overall..cliched,clichednnu oru varthai irukku..HOLLYWOODLE IVVOLO IRUKKA?
    Shouldn't take it too seriously. If you have liked 80s action films, which are stupid fun, then you would like this. Athula urupadiyaana actor onee onnuthan, what were you expecting, Godfather pt 4?