Page 164 of 215 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174214 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 2142

Thread: Which non-indian film u saw recently has made u post here???

Senior Member Devoted Hubber Prabo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Being John Malkovich - Wierd....wierd movie, but interesting

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Moneyball- The movie rests primarily on the performance of the two main leads- Brad Pitt and jonah hill. Beane is the big talented guy still frustrated by never making it to the top; Brand is the smartest guy in the room who has always been too inconspicuous for anyone to notice.Hill's deadpan demeanor contrasts beautifully with Pitt's passion, and the film is completely enjoyable when they share the screen.When they dont the movie seems to drift. Take for example the overtly extensive flashback shots of beane's career.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Banishment. Great. Somehow felt betrayed by the ending, but I think it's my problem and not the film's. A bit too much of biblical references. Another one to be re-watched and read.

What atmosphere. What tension. What cinematography. Marvelous.
    நெலயா நில்லாது நினைவில் வரும் நெறங்களே

Senior Member Diamond Hubber kid-glove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Certainly his weakest film (& yet one of the strongest among his contemporaries), do watch The Return (his masterpiece) & Elena!
    ...an artist without an art.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Siv.S View Post
    Before the devil knows you're dead superb crime drama,Hoffman was awesome
    My favourite too.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Siv.S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nine Queens (Nueve reinas) - Very clever thriller....twist at the end is superbly done ... even without that twist i would have still enjoyed the movie..... but its the twist made the film clever

Halfway thorough the movie wife told me that there is a malayalam movie with the same story, Gulumaal the escape, they have not given any credit to this argentina movie....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Siv.S View Post
    Nine Queens (Nueve reinas) - Very clever thriller....twist at the end is superbly done ... even without that twist i would have still enjoyed the movie..... but its the twist made the film clever

Halfway thorough the movie wife told me that there is a malayalam movie with the same story, Gulumaal the escape, they have not given any credit to this argentina movie....
    Terrific actor, the conned man. He also starred in the director (RIP)'s second & final film, The Aura, which I seem to prefer for the tonal qualities & aura of the woods. There's a much more subtle twist with more louder implications in The Aura.

Post Thanks / Like
    "Before the devil.."
    Albert Finney was my favorite. But Hoffman, Marisa Tomei (who lets her whole body act, again), Shannon, everyone pretty great.

But other than that, did anyone feel Lumet got exposed by multi-angled gimmickry (it didn't service much).

I found WA's "Cassandra's dream" (similar subject of filial tragedy) to be just as flawed, but for entirely different reasons.

If I were to revisit, I'd probably avoid latter more for Philip Glass score alone.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Siv.S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kid-glove View Post
    Terrific actor, the conned man. He also starred in the director (RIP)'s second & final film, The Aura, which I seem to prefer for the tonal qualities & aura of the woods. There's a much more subtle twist with more louder implications in The Aura.
    Yes he is.... he was excellent in last year oscar winner The secret in thier eyes ...I have this "the aura " .. but yet to watch it...

Post Thanks / Like
    I liked "The Secret in their eyes" for that brilliant stadium scene (although that the scene did feel like a sharp noise to tone of rest of the film). And they (this guy & the actress) really conveyed a lot in their eyes, didn't they.