Page 160 of 215 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170210 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 2142

Thread: Which non-indian film u saw recently has made u post here???

Senior Member Diamond Hubber kid-glove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's male. There's female. There's Hitchcock.There's Sirk. More importantly, & to the point, there's Almodovar. "The Skin I live in". That sounds a tad simplistic. But it's all justified & true. Banderas gives his A-game for Pedro like always, & astonishing Elena Anaya, embodying the interiors with her exteriors, versa to the vice of the film!

The 'Almodovar genre'. Don't pay attention to 'Sci-fi', not that he is going to embrace that aspect. Or maybe that's what Almodovar is set to do. The respect for physical & sexual in meta- terms, without particularly asphyxiating the power of singular identity, all done in psychological plane. The plain abstractness of mis-en-scene, but also loud expository expressionism in Vincente/Vera, done with suitable melancholy. It seems that the direction & writing is saddled with PA's concerns of the scientific sleight-of-hand being an active distraction. But one could never take the Hitchcock out of the man, that he sets out of to do two different halves with each having its own tonal qualities, the element of suspense & mystery of the unknown, and especially for this film, it's all very organic. You could borrow a pair of scissors from Antonio Banderas and incisively cut across the second act of the film, and you have it all surgically bifurcated.
    ...an artist without an art.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kid-glove View Post
    The Elder one did well. Mourning inside the pool was terrific filmmaking, and very good acting.
    Oh yeah! That was one hell of a scene. Conceiving something like that is pure auteurism. There were many such shots in the film, one ex. is the staircase shot which was almost as surrealistic as a Bunuel or a Dali and those hovering plants over fabulous clouds shots were stunning. And after a long time I saw a wipe-out cut in contemporary cinema, I think the last time a film extensively used a wipe-out was 'Happy Feet'?
    Vaazhvathu edharku vaiyagathin sugangalai vaazhkaiyil perathaane!

Post Thanks / Like
    Releasing in theaters next week, yeah?

I want to see "Coriolanus". But not finding time. Busy at work.

Post Thanks / Like

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Artist. What's all the hype about yA? Little charm here and there and a terrific performance from the lead, but as a film doesn't hold much. The reaction to the climax probably summarizes the reaction to the film itself - pleasure to watch, but, ஙே?, what's the point? Crowd (read six people in the theatre) seemed to like the film much.

I don't know much about Silent fillms, so probably I am missing something crucial - tribute to specific scenes etc., Anyway, நல்லா தெளிவா வசனம் பேசினாலே வர வர புரியமாட்டேங்குது (throwing a stare at TTSS).
    நெலயா நில்லாது நினைவில் வரும் நெறங்களே

Senior Member Veteran Hubber wizzy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gaana Kalaadhara Gandharva Gaana Lola Kaliyuga Gaana Thilaga
    Nadha Brahma Kochchappa Brother Seshappa

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, good lead performances, great performance by the dog (a great year for canines). But otherwise, the kind of mediocrity that schmucks at Academy suck up to.

Post Thanks / Like

#meta no? The hero asks the heroine once, "do you want refund?" on the day first talkie is released in the film.

Doc - yeah. MIP (yawn), Descendants (good), Artist has been watched so far from the nominees. Mallick innum pAkkalai (#facepalm). Anything else do you recommend?
    நெலயா நில்லாது நினைவில் வரும் நெறங்களே

Post Thanks / Like
    just watched coriolanus....not very much convinced by ralph fiennes acting....while i could feel the pathos in his portrayal i felt it could have been a much more profound performance...felt the pre climax scene was the only scene where he comes into his own....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AravindMano View Post

#meta no? The hero asks the heroine once, "do you want refund?" on the day first talkie is released in the film.

Doc - yeah. MIP (yawn), Descendants (good), Artist has been watched so far from the nominees. Mallick innum pAkkalai (#facepalm). Anything else do you recommend?
    Real Steel / Jack and Jill / Paul / The Three Musketeers

I'm kidding of course, but it'd not surprise me if those films made into QT's year-end list. Actually, Real Steel is rather okay.

I liked Senna, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, A Kid with a bike, Once upon a time in Anatolia, We need to talk about Kevin, Beginners, A Separation, The Skin I live in, Sleeping beauty, MI-4, Point blank, Warrior, Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes, Tin tin, Descendants, Moneyball

I hated Kill list, Hannah, Melancholia. Meh - Ides of March, Drive Carnage, War Horse.

Like-Meh in between (timepass): The Artist, 50-50

I don't really know where I stand on Tree of Life/ Turin Horse.

Slept right after first act of MiP.