Page 154 of 215 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 2142

Thread: Which non-indian film u saw recently has made u post here???

Senior Member Diamond Hubber kid-glove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    They ought to make a film on the suicide bomber who is forced into it. Or the boy who sells pirated dvds. It's these Iraqis who deserve to be seen/heard/understood. But then not many American producers would be willing to distribute, let alone fund it.

Interesting how the Iraqis are unnamed. The boy is called after a white man (after whom, a million brownies swooned over, a blockbuster film made by brownies as well, Bend it like...). There's a thin line of identity and personal association. For that matter, every line of communication fails. Utterly. He tries doing a covert operation. Every attempt of trying to make it personal. A revenge? How loose is that self-indicted delusion. We realize that when there's the boy selling pirated DVD again. Is that Beckham or a different boy? A prompt choice to leave it unresolved. for us, the audience. Ultimately, what makes him fight? IT is not this righteous attempt to 'stand up' for Iraqis. It's that deep pit of emptiness in his mundane civilian life. This seems the be the intention. While we could argue this to be a shortcoming, to not go down in route of Homeland (Brody-Issa relationship), was absolutely vital here. I could understand the choices taken.
    Last edited by kid-glove; 26th December 2011 at 06:46 PM.
    ...an artist without an art.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tangled.

Good fun. Confirmed I am getting soft. Anyway, the horse was show-stealer, and the cameleon.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another thing that didnt work for me was the portrayal of three EOD officers not following protocol..... that the three went over the line to find the bomber and also the preceding dialogues mouthed by renner about how the bomber was in the vicinity just under their nose just doesnt work...this eventhough goes with the flow of renners character does mark for poor writing....in real circumstances the officers would have been reprimanded if not chucked out of duty......thats just taking things for granted...this was just an after thought though

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho070 View Post
    Tangled.

Good fun. Confirmed I am getting soft. Anyway, the horse was show-stealer, and the cameleon.
    yea, this movie was good fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvind Srinivasan View Post
    Another thing that didnt work for me was the portrayal of three EOD officers not following protocol..... that the three went over the line to find the bomber and also the preceding dialogues mouthed by renner about how the bomber was in the vicinity just under their nose just doesnt work...this eventhough goes with the flow of renners character does mark for poor writing....in real circumstances the officers would have been reprimanded if not chucked out of duty......thats just taking things for granted...this was just an after thought though
    Yeah, him trying to be the 'vengeful hero' (as if it'd bring 'meaning' to it all), is the kind of stuff the writer & Bigelow were interested in, I think.

Post Thanks / Like
    Re.protocol, a valid point. If the film were to set it in a 'realistic portrayal' of war, could you afford a sense of implausibility? Here of course, they buy that license for the character (Renner's).

A film like "Essential killing" has three soldiers enter in to a cave without a grenade/flash-bang cleaning out the angle, even a 'Call of duty' player like me would know that. But for that particular film & filmmaker, it fits really well. It really does.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber VENKIRAJA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Memories of a murder.
    Padu sumaar

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    certain films eventhough flawed require a viewing followed a healthy discussion surrounding it..... "the hurt locker " comes under the category....has been a wonderful interaction with you so far,kg...

Post Thanks / Like
    Read my lips (sur mes leveres)

Though it is a thriller the dramatic portions were the highlight. The lead character's affinity towards one another is shown in an intensly complex way. It wins in both thriller as well as drama categories. I would say this to be a better film of Audiard than "Un prophet", with the single watch I had of it. Both Vincent Cassell and the lead lady were very good. Vincent Cassell fans should definitely watch this.
    Vaazhvathu edharku vaiyagathin sugangalai vaazhkaiyil perathaane!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber VENKIRAJA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ninja Assassin
    Very slick stunt-choreo Liked the music too!
    Felt like a thamiz comic-book nerd that I was.