Page 153 of 215 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 2142

Thread: Which non-indian film u saw recently has made u post here???

Moderator Diamond Hubber littlemaster1982's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sid_316 View Post
    Liked it too.. But multiplex crowd is amazing here.. edavadhu mokkayana joke/activity from their fav star naale kai thatranga/sirikuranga . Anil kapoor made a fool of himself but was light a funny
    I was really surprised by the crowd responses in AGS. Starting from censor certificate/Tom Cruise entry/titles balattha applause and Burj scene-kku niraiya whistles. Last time I saw a multiplex crowd as involved with the film was Ratattouile (co-incidentally another Brad Bird film).

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber wizzy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    MI at Fame screen 4..screen was as big as tv completely ruined the movie ..Benji was
    Gaana Kalaadhara Gandharva Gaana Lola Kaliyuga Gaana Thilaga
    Nadha Brahma Kochchappa Brother Seshappa

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Querida's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kubrick View Post
    Thank you! Hope you enjoy it too.
    Thank you Kubrick for bring to light "Another Year", I finally watched it and did enjoy it very much
    A movie that could not be engrossing if not for the talent of its actors...I really enjoyed the warmth of Tom and Gerry's relationship while pitying yet recognizing the difficulty of Mary's role. I was surprised how the patient who we see in the beginning disappears totally from the film. I am lucky to know a Katie in real life, she really brought a smile to my face. I also know a Tom, one of my dear professors

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Querida View Post
    Thank you Kubrick for bring to light "Another Year", I finally watched it and did enjoy it very much
    A movie that could not be engrossing if not for the talent of its actors...I really enjoyed the warmth of Tom and Gerry's relationship while pitying yet recognizing the difficulty of Mary's role. I was surprised how the patient who we see in the beginning disappears totally from the film. I am lucky to know a Katie in real life, she really brought a smile to my face. I also know a Tom, one of my dear professors
    I'm glad you liked it. It is so surprising that such a simple movie could mean so different to different people. I've been forcing myself not to watch it again within a year. Now you've mentioned it I cant resist the temptation anymore.
    Vaazhvathu edharku vaiyagathin sugangalai vaazhkaiyil perathaane!

Senior Member Senior Hubber Sid_316's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contagion - Good thriller.. once paakalam

Post Thanks / Like
    A Separation

Definitely this year's best film. There isn't a single redundant scene in the whole movie. Script writing at its best and I couldn't find a single way in which this film could have been better. Weirdly the synopsis generally found doesn't really give an idea about the movie at all. Highly recommended.
    Vaazhvathu edharku vaiyagathin sugangalai vaazhkaiyil perathaane!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just watched The hurt locker- very good acting, beautiful settings but just that the movie never seemed to get to a point.....rather i was wondering as to what the whole point of the movie was....What i found quite intriguing was how the protagonist was shaped up....the many layers in his character were actually interesting but his action and their repercussions doesnt seem to be the sole point of the film......But nevertheless Jeremy Renner was excellent and so were Anthony Mackie and Brian Geraghty. The film has excellent cinematography and the bomb sequences were very well done .......but just that minor glitch that i had mentioned above...

Senior Member Diamond Hubber kid-glove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    His hands disarming the bomb. And him living closer to the point of no return. Chasing after ideals & emotional plane, that doesn't exist, without getting all righteous & personal. Living through moments of danger. Or rather, 'living' itself.

Back in civilian life, the mundane choices of the stacked & tinned atmosphere in the vast supermarkets (Where does this stack up to the transcendental sips in trenches of the desert off the cold-blooded sniper, each loaded with meaning), close up of his hands cleaning up the leaves in roof trench. (How I wish they didn't have that terrible exposition, ala 'toys' to his child, in retrospect one assumes this was to address jury members of the academy)

The final montage, back in action. The machismo-matic vanity in his eyes.

It's a well made film. But how much of it is editing , trial & error? And is it really worthy of its attention, for what is essentially a relatively simplistic point. A point made in past (admittedly in the 'passing') by many a war movie.

On flip side, you have Redacted, which is politically bold (unlike HL), but mess of a film. One would assume De Palma meant it to be that way for two thirds of it, the rest would be incompetence/senility.
    Last edited by kid-glove; 26th December 2011 at 03:11 PM.
    ...an artist without an art.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber kid-glove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    'Seachd: The Inaccessible Pinnacle' - family Christmas dvd. Landscape teasing aside, uninteresting set of vignettes & a sleep-inducing excuse of a plot. Forget Togolese/Norwegian, I've seen a full-length Gaelic film. Beat that!
    ...an artist without an art.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kid-glove View Post
    His hands disarming the bomb. And him living closer to the point of no return. Chasing after ideals & emotional plane, that doesn't exist, without getting all righteous & personal. Living through moments of danger. Or rather, 'living' itself.

Back in civilian life, the mundane choices of the stacked & tinned atmosphere in the vast supermarkets (Where does this stack up to the transcendental sips in trenches of the desert off the cold-blooded sniper, each loaded with meaning), close up of his hands cleaning up the leaves in roof trench. (How I wish they didn't have that terrible exposition, ala 'toys' to his child, in retrospect one assumes this was to address jury members of the academy)

The final montage, back in action. The machismo-matic vanity in his eyes.

It's a well made film. But how much of it is editing , trial & error? And is it really worthy of its attention, for what is essentially a relatively simplistic point. A point made in past (admittedly in the 'passing') by many a war movie.

On flip side, you have Redacted, which is politically bold (unlike HL), but mess of a film. One would assume De Palma meant it to be that way for two thirds of it, the rest would be incompetence/senility.
    Agree with most here..........for me though , i found sanborns character to be even more intriguing more than james....a little more depth could have helped...and wrt the exposition i felt it sticks out like a sore thumb....could have easily been done with.....