Page 15 of 215 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Which non-indian film u saw recently has made u post here???

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    El secreto de sus ojos (The secret in their eyes)

A must watch murder mystery. Deserves the academy award that it got last year. Thanx to KG for recommending this one...

Darin, in lot of places, reminds me of Kamal..
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar

A must watch murder mystery. Deserves the academy award that it got last year. Thanx to KG for recommending this one...

ENNE LANGUAGE PADAM?
    Say My Name

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Spanish..
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Siv.S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raghavendran
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar

ENNE LANGUAGE PADAM?
    Last year Oscar winning foreign language movie, must watch movie just for the performance of the lead characters.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber varunlss12's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Harry Brown

sasi kumar nagaram is rumoured as inspiration of above movie.Film was good.
    Yohan: Adhyayam Ondru Mission 1: New York City

Post Thanks / Like
    indha vaaram, psychopath serial killer vaaram
    Watched a couple of such movies back to back. ippo enakke enmela doubt vandhuduchu

The Killer Inside Me - Casey Affleck is a deputy at the Sheriff's office. He has some old grudges and uses a prostitute (Jessica Alba) as a pawn to get his vengence. But he hasn't committed the perfect crime and has to commit more and more crimes to cover it up.

Casey Affleck was very good as a sociopath and he might even get an Oscar nomination. The way he has portayed his mind deteriorating (or true self resurfacing) after beginning his relationship with the prositute is good. The movie contains explicit scenes and some very tough-to-watch scenes like face battering,etc.

The Killing Jar - In a small town roadside hotel, Michael Madsen gets mistaken for committing a crime (murdering a family) he apparently didn't. Enraged by this, he takes out a couple of people and takes the remaining people as hostages. As he knows that the killer is amongst them, he puts them in the hot chair and tortures them to get the truth.

Though they tried to maintain the suspense about the killer, it was pretty obvious from the beginning (suspect the most innocent logic ). The ending was also largely predictable. Madsen gets a Madsen's role and he gets through without much effort. Apart from him, the movie is not really engaging.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho070
    Quote Originally Posted by ajithfederer
    Hanks is hilarious
    Miss the days when Hanks was doing comedies. Watch Dragnet, really crazy Hanks.
    Groucho, any comments on Road to Perdition? I am thinking of watching this movie for the last 2 months, but the thought of Tom Hanks as a hitman puts it at the back of the list

Senior Member Diamond Hubber kid-glove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quite good actually. Along with Jude Law (in an eccentric role, that evokes "Peeping Tom" as a passing reference), Daniel Craig as a covetous, barmy-headed son who screws it up every time, and Paul Newman as a father 'cut in two', evincing paternal sensibility with gravitas. The young son is quite good too. Harmonious marriage of Conrad Hall's visuals and Thomas Newman's BGM on a solid story based on a slightly bleak (Spoiler: In the film, Michael Sullivan Sr succeeds in the end as Jr. doesn't turn out to be an 'accomplice' in such vengeful violence. Therefore, he dies peacefully - Hanks does well in this scene. Now orphaned, the son joins the old couple in the farm. His dad could rest in peace. While in the comic, Sr fails a bit with regards to son) flashy (that would translate to action filmmakers like Ringo Lam or John Woo on visual terms - On the contrary, Mendes conventional old-house style works) comic, that is resonant to Parker Series ("The Hunter" in particular) and "Lone Wolf and Cub" series. I'd recommend the film wholeheartedly.
    ...an artist without an art.

Post Thanks / Like
    For a few dollars more
    loved the film..clint eastwood...wat style this man has got .along wid the other guy..dunno his name..he was simply superb as well...really love these cowboy movies
    Say My Name

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the recommendation kid-glove. Will watch it now and post my views tomorrow.