Page 128 of 215 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 2142

Thread: Which non-indian film u saw recently has made u post here???

Senior Member Diamond Hubber kid-glove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    He just did Gordon's voice in "Year One" but perhaps it's impossible to not think of Cranston doing Joker after this
    ...an artist without an art.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Pledge starring Jack Nicholson, directed by Sean Penn. Nice thriller, heart breaking at times, surprising ending. Jack's acting

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Godard very provocative about this! And I love it. Hits right at the elitism (Than totalitarian). I feel 'decaying' is sort of overstating it. It's a matter of preference. Still there are number of filmmakers who stick to 35mm/70mm. Btw, Keanu 'thespian' Reeves makes a fascinating point from acting/character point of view.

Anyways, this is what I think of digital vs film: (in comments, I yAm theDualist)
    http://theseventhart.info/2010/08/28.../#comment-4264

I'd also add Spielberg would be better served by digital if he sheds his romanticism, quite rudimentary (grain, stutter, etc) that they are*. I could imagine "Murder by the book" in digital, heck, HDTV I say! With those digital lens, he could recreate the same magic. In fact, I see him exploring possibilities of the lateral/frontal closeups, long pan off the window, etc. I'd also argue Television is his medium. Much like JJ Abrams (I finished first 6 episodes of LOST & I already have better impression of the guy).

* - You could love a single negative blown up to the screen. I should be the last to question this indulgence. But film will always be a function of space * time. I'm beginning to get tired of ritualization of what is essentially a mechanical process. An isolated negative in most cases, esp. Spielberg films, often tend to be empty flourishes in itself, unless they start rolling & follow a certain grammar in succession of one another.
    Last edited by kid-glove; 18th October 2011 at 11:34 PM.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber VENKIRAJA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cars 2.
    Loved it as much I like Cars!
    Cars is the weakest Pixar product? I would say its on the same pedestal as Nemo and Monsters.

Moderator Diamond Hubber littlemaster1982's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you really like Cars 2

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Forrest Gump

Although all credit has gone to Hanks, I think the guy who played Lieutenant Dan was equally good.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent kid-ji. BB deserves more recognition. Glad that more people are watching this show. Walking Dead mosam ellam illa. Even that is good. I've seen season 1. Only 7 episodes. Special mention is the Excellent prosthetic makeup for all zombies in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-glove View Post
    Breaking Bad - Season 1 to 4

Kicks ass & is set for a masterful closure in 5th & final season. IMO, meaningful series should wrap up by 5th unless it takes up Columbo-like 1-half hour procedural mode. With "Mad Men" & now this, AMC have set the bar. Not a sucker for Zombies flick, but might even get around to "Walking Dead".

Btw, I agree with Sid. 'Dexter' has waned out badly. The writing is usually very ordinary. The nemesis for each season seems to be dependant on what guest actor they get. Like, oh wow, we got Lithgow, let's redo his Blowout killer routine. Creepiness comes naturally to him. Oh we got Stiles, let's get some steaming chemistry going. Of course, I undermine greatly (As I think they do get it right in some episodes, some 'whoa' moments.) Take this season, Colin Hanks seems well cast, but the thread seems funny than freaky. The constant parallel(s) get boring after a point. Check out the sister parallel to Deb/Dex. The whole religious aspect is going to uncork a can of worms. All in all, Dexter has has gone progressively worse, as against BB, which has become complex & layered with each episode, nevermind a season. So good in fact that they could have closed with the final exterior shot as the metamorphosis is nearly complete. Of course, both are very different in mood, plot, tone & cinematic treatment, BB is on a different plane (as with all AMC shows)! But the USP of both shows is in its opposite treatment. Without going too much into plausibility route (Which would chalk off Dexter as against elephant memory of BB) Dexter's dark passenger is born out of traumatic childhood episode. And is made into a controlled Frankenstein with Harry's code of law. Much of its charms resides in the lead character's continual self-debate & existential realm (something they bank heavily on Hall's v-o than having to get it out of his face per se). A messed-up animal with disturbing rituals, he might be, but it very heavily puts out the charismatic lead performance to win the audience over. Besides of course the whole vigilante angle of the code. On paper, it's a monster finding his humanity, which is the exact opposite of BB (Mr.Chips to Scarface as they expertly market it), you still don't feel riveted by multiple qualifications wired into our response to sort of get by Dexter. In BB, you have a thoroughly conscientious individual who is finding the monster take over him & who gradually seems to thrive in that amorality. The Life-threatening situation & familial pressures leading to crystal meth seems far more relatable (I'm not going to latch out the dirty word 'realistic'). Each mistake play out dialectically - not entirely predetermined - playing out on various factors. The challenge is surfaced beautifully by Cranston's transformation, matching the highly refined writing. We're now closer to Scarface than Mr.Chips. Hopefully, we won't see the hammy perf. & continually be amazed by textured expression (of fear, desire, emasculation, bravado & vanity) as Cranston only could.

Also, both series ride on evasiveness of the lead character. And both have this aspect cut out for 'em with family dynamic, Debra/Dexter as against Hank/Walter. Neither Hank or Debra seem 'dumb', in fact, it'd be plausible to assume part of their subconscious sort of know it already. It'd be fascinating if they (at this point, Hank more likely than Debra) delibarely let it be. In BB, it pretty much wipes out the Cartel & in-house (Fring) movement in Albuquerque. In Dexter, he wipes out the city clean. So much so that you would assume it's Gotham! Debra as Miami's Gordon. LOL.

Re.BB's season finale. As someone already said, it's literally titled. But we knew that already with the deliberate s-rs pattern of Walter-Gus throughout the series. Both men have a dark half/side, while put out a more dignified, straight face. "Face off" literally tears off both theirs. Gustavo's ugly half is exposed physically, but Walter's is too, with that shot of Lillies.

P.S: Fring's blatantly obvious homosexual relationship & his vengeance sort of all winds down to 'what does a man do?' question posed to Walter. His valiant fight for honor humanizes the monster somewhat. Esposito, the actor, gives a truly controlled performance that deserves Emmy/GG, etc. Also narratively, Cartel Vengeance just took it to a whole new level. But I await what they do with the german conglomerate next season. Also, Walter must have left bread crumbles for Hank to pick on. IF Walter hadn't already got his hands on Fring's personal CC footage. Also, Mike is due return. Pinkman's manipulation without his knowning might be the killer. He might be the one to put Walter out. A closure that matches up to the best of roman mythology. The whole Kafkaesuqe episode isn't just to play out Fring-to-Walter, but as much Walter-to-Jesse, which ultimately reflects back to Fring-Walter parallel. Brilliance. Vince Gilligan

Post Thanks / Like
    Sid said it's alright too. Have to say that I had a poor impression of ABC last year, when I saw their thankless remake of McGoohan's "The Prisoner". Also because they ended the excellent "Rubicon" prematurely. But after seeing MM & BB, can't help but embrace AMC, if they play their cards right, might challenge HBO. Going to download pilots of their other shows. Except "The Killing", in assumption that I've already seen "Twin Peaks" & "Forbrydelsen", & there isn't much new here.

Haven't seen any serious stuff from FX Network, but got around to watch "Louie" after recommended by Jim Emerson (scanners). Have to say it's the most subversive show in television. It's a comedy show. Might please Woody Allen fans here. LouieCK cites WA to be his biggest influence, but this is really a concoction of existentialism, sitcom, docu-drama, & series of gags, in a order that we wouldn't expect but be thoroughly engrossed by.

Meanwhile as "Dexter" quivers in its boots, Showtime might have another contender in "Homeland", but it's at three episodes (All available in torrents).

Senior Member Veteran Hubber wizzy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Better call Saul ads