Page 124 of 215 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 2142

Thread: Which non-indian film u saw recently has made u post here???

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Breaking Bad - Season 1 - Every episode other than the season finale. - Good.

To begin with the Pilot episode is very good. Another milestone in TV History for AMC though a little notch (not by much) less than Mad Men. Bryan Cranston (A very deserving 3 time emmy award winner) and the whole family is fabulous. Very raw unnerving stuff especially the hostage crisis trauma Walter White goes through in episodes 2 and 3 are some serious stuff. . Jesse is good as well. And a big thanks to N/f for making this happen.

Kid/Sid - You guys been through this?
    Last edited by ajithfederer; 28th September 2011 at 03:36 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Season 2

- Predictable but still good. A seamless transition from Season 1. Now that Walt's cancer is almost operable and Jesse's heroin addiction plus his gf death should be great for season 3. It's about time Sky learnt about Walt's dark side. But what I found quite shocking was how society's elite could be mixed in this nasty business. Gus's character is devious and delicious for the story forward.

P.S: The opening bits before credits are terrific

Bryan Cranston -
    Aaron Paul and Krysten Ritter
    Last edited by ajithfederer; 30th September 2011 at 03:52 AM.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber kid-glove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Keep seeing Bryan Cranston pile up acting awards. But I hadn't really watched a single episode.
    ...an artist without an art.

Senior Member Senior Hubber Sid_316's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajithfederer View Post
    Breaking Bad - Season 1 - Every episode other than the season finale. - Good.

To begin with the Pilot episode is very good. Another milestone in TV History for AMC though a little notch (not by much) less than Mad Men. Bryan Cranston (A very deserving 3 time emmy award winner) and the whole family is fabulous. Very raw unnerving stuff especially the hostage crisis trauma Walter White goes through in episodes 2 and 3 are some serious stuff. . Jesse is good as well. And a big thanks to N/f for making this happen.

Kid/Sid - You guys been through this?

Yeah ! i have seen the first season.. its engaging.. should start with the 2nd season

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Killer Elite

There was only four in the theatre, including me

Statham, Clive Owen and De Niro.

de Niro with assault rifle, alone worth watching this movie. Definitely for paycheque, but he's okay here. And bloody hell, he's in fantastic shape for his age.

Okay action thriller (supposedly based on true story) with one of the best closed room combat I've seen recently (between Stratham and Owen),.

The opening credit had something like this, "It was time of chaos. Economic crisis is still on. Oil prices have gone up. It was time of revolution, asssasination and special ops".

I was thinking, "Dei, we know we are going through all these, you don't have to_", and it continued, "It was 1980".

And yes, it was good to see film shot in Europe mostly, with lots of good ol' cars and totally no mobile phones.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    A Clockwork Orange
    Kubrick sir ..1971 eh?...even now this concept is fresh..how can a person think something which will even be new after 40 yrs..:Bow:..and my fav aspect of Kubrick film is the sudden tension he brings at the end of what will start as a simple conversation,scene..give me more..more Kubrick films to watch
    Say My Name

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Due Date

Watching it the 3rd time but it still left me in splits. Zach!! Amazing man.

//But the best part was the one to follow. Had a dream last night (U can call it a nightmare) in which the film was remade in Tamil with Sarath Kumar and T Rajenderr in the lead//
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Post Thanks / Like
    Executive Suite

Hollywood B/W films.

Heavily plot based.
    Excellent introduction of characters, smooth development, beautiful realistic dialogues (with the exception of the wordy last scene), who says (and stop short of saying) what to what, resolution of side-stories as things proceed, being able to 'get' the inconsistencies in what those on screen are saying.

It is only when all this is there, that one (adhaavadhu I) can see how very well done the cinematography is, the angles, the cuts, the pacing accentuating the drama.

Makes films like this I say.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Senior Member Veteran Hubber wizzy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^in TCM? my sole reason for still sticking with Tsky is TCM..we need more ad-free movie channels..Star movies HD has poor catalog of older movies but only solace is that it is currently ad-free.

Post Thanks / Like
    BB - Season 3 - The best you can expect

The twin assassins from the Juarez Drug Cartel . Their style of murders with axe
    The shooutout between Hank and the assassins in the deserted parking lot . Fantastic action stuff.
    Gus - Ngommalla. Fits the bill to a T. For apparently no reason his demeanor strikes me of to Obama
    Gu's henchmen Mike - Notoriously Too good.
    Walt's car accident to prevent the shootout between the drug peddlers and Jesse. Rascal of a scene making.
    Walter's bluff to counter Skyler and Skyler later joining in fraud to money laundering. Excellent

Season 4 coming up soon.