Page 12 of 215 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Which non-indian film u saw recently has made u post here???

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raghavendran
    goodwill hunting..
    wat a film...how did i miss such a film..matt damon and robin williams-acting at its very best..so natural ..charecter defenitions,justifications,missions etc etc..ellame ..truely an oscar material..
    fabulous movie..i m a matt damon fan b4 seeing this..but after seeing this... way to go..
    I suggest you to watch 'The Talented Mr. Ripley'. Damon's performance was awesome and thought it would easily be the best among his early works. Haven't seen 'Goodwill Hunting' yet, so will see it before coming to a conclusion.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Outrage (1964).

Martin Ritt's so and so remake of Rashomon. Like Yojimbo, transplanted to the Western frontier. Since presentation not original, I was checking out the performance. Newman was doing an Eli Wallach. William Shatner proves that even when you tell him there is not much acting to do, he still overacts.

The joy is Edward G. Robinson. What a performer? Such joy watching him act. Ivarukku yen legendary status kudukkalanu theriyila
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber kid-glove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    EGR is a legend. At least in gangster genre, he's up there with Cagney..
    ...an artist without an art.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Thilak, kannukku kulirchiya irukku padikkarthukku. He needs recognition for his work. My favourite of his performace: Double Indemnity.

Trivia for Eastwood fans (I know you know this, Thilak): EG Robinson's son is no other than Scorpio in Dirty Harry (sub-trivia to whoever discussing the Zodiac Killer, Scorpio was based on those incidents)
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Puliyan_Biryani
    Quote Originally Posted by raghavendran
    goodwill hunting..
    wat a film...how did i miss such a film..matt damon and robin williams-acting at its very best..so natural ..charecter defenitions,justifications,missions etc etc..ellame ..truely an oscar material..
    fabulous movie..i m a matt damon fan b4 seeing this..but after seeing this... way to go..
    I suggest you to watch 'The Talented Mr. Ripley'. Damon's performance was awesome and thought it would easily be the best among his early works. Haven't seen 'Goodwill Hunting' yet, so will see it before coming to a conclusion.
    oh thnx..but goodwill hunting is just awesome..matt-so natural.. ..also he won the oscar for best screenplay for that film with robbie williams won it for best supporting actor..brilliant film
    Say My Name

Senior Member Diamond Hubber kid-glove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't rate Matt Damon highly, but he was pretty good in Good will Hunting.

Grouch,

Have you seen EGR's performance as Nazi Hunter in Welles film, The Stranger?

As for his best, I haven't seen many of his films. But Mankiewicz’s House of Strangers about Italian Immigrants, the Monetti family, evoking King Lear much much before "The Godfather", features one of his best. EGR would have made a fine Corleone.
    ...an artist without an art.

Post Thanks / Like
    La règle du jeu
    Kood.
    It was Britis play type mix-up humour. Mildly funny and all that.
    But I am surely missing something as this one is in all time great lists and all that.

I liked Renoir's Le Grande Illusion a whole lot more.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Post Thanks / Like
    EGR as Corleone...that would be lovely, too bad Brando owned it. I have not seen those films, will definitely look out for it. Thanks.

And I wonder if Damon has written any scripts after that...there was controversy about the ownership of GWH script. Goldman admitted that he helped the boys a bit, still....

Post Thanks / Like
    Double Indemnity (1944) revisit.

Continuing EGR tribute. Script is the hero here, Raymond Chandler and Billy Wilder Chandler disliked the James Cain book, and said that everything Cain touches "smells like billy goat". But what an awesome film it turned out to be. Wilder and Chandler couldn't stand each other and unfortunately, this is the only collaboration.

EGR and his little man

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Expendables

Watchable for Jason Statham.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw