Page 11 of 215 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Which non-indian film u saw recently has made u post here???

Senior Member Diamond Hubber kid-glove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    For now, I'll just say 'adhu oru karuthu' and move on. Addressing point by point would take time, and I'm relatively busy at the moment. Let me just say I like both the films. But in a very assured manner, I'd take Zodiac over Citizen X any day of the week and twice on Sundays. In my fleeting tweets, it should be apparent how high I place this film in Fincher's oeuvre. Actually at the very top.
    ...an artist without an art.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I kinda understand from your/equa tweets what they were trying to do. I was just saying/ thinging out loud why it didn't work for me.

btw I wouldn't watch Citizen X again.
    I found it quite eventless and thus 'boring'. But I guess the movie couldn't have been made any other way. The languid pace was important to communicate the heaviness.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Boys Don't Cry (1999)

A movie based on the real life story of a trans-gendered person. Hilary Swank plays Teena Brandon, the transgender - biologically born as female but identifies self as a male.

Swank makes friends with a group of junkies and does everything to be considered as an adrenaline-filled man. Swank also falls in love with a girl from the group, but hides the truth and plans to be with her after a sex change operation. But the group comes to know of Swank’s true identity and Swank’s dreams are blown to pieces.

I didn't know what to expect, so I started the movie with a blank mind. But it was hard-hitting and thought provoking to say the least. It didn't attempt to be preachy or take a stand but mostly stuck to the facts of the original Teena’s story. And the facts were more than enough to leave me with a heavy heart. The harsh reality of the way trans-genders are looked down even in this 21st century is a bit hard to digest. The hero/heroine never really blames anybody else for their discriminatory actions and that was even more painful.

Hilary Swank – I am awestruck. The guts she must have had to play a transgender is commendable. Her performance matches her guts in every scene, especially the tragic scenes. Kudos to the director as well for making such a difficult story into a movie. The climax scene is very distressing.

The movie has nudity and a lot of disturbing scenes.

I would definitely recommend the movie as a must watch for all drama lovers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ong Bak 3

Better to stay away from this one. Nothing much in this movie, even the action sequences are pretty boring.

Trying to break free from the all-action path of Ong Bak 2, this part tries to develop the story and build up to a big bang climax. The build-up is yawn inducing and the climax itself is a big disappointment.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Puliyan_Biryani
    Ong Bak 3
    Didn't know it went this far. Ithukellam oru terrorist movement illaya? Some Anti Too Many Sequel Assocation?
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Sarna's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ong Bak 3

Better to stay away from this one. Nothing much in this movie, even the action sequences are pretty boring.

Trying to break free from the all-action path of Ong Bak 2, this part tries to develop the story and build up to a big bang climax. The build-up is yawn inducing and the climax itself is a big disappointment.
    I really liked Ong bak 1 and Ong bak 2

atleast fight scenes nallaa irukkaa ?
    ஊரு வம்ப பேசும்
    அட உண்மை சொல்ல கூசும்
    போடும் நூறு வேஷம்
    தினம்
    பொய்ய சொல்லி ஏசும்
    ஏ தில்லா டாங்கு டாங்கு
    அட என்னா உங்க போங்கு

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarna
    atleast fight scenes nallaa irukkaa ?
    No, the fight scenes are not good and there is nothing new in these fights either. I could count 3-4 fight scenes which add up to about 15 minutes. But to see those fights you would have to put up with 1.15 hours of following:

1) Hero gets beaten up and is in unsaveable state.
    2) Heroine prays to the Almighty to save the hero.
    3) A medical/super-natural miraakil saves the hero.
    4) Heroine looks after the hero during recovery.
    5) Hero is devastated at his current state and attempts suicide.
    6) Elderly man reminds hero of his destiny.
    7) Heroine teaches Hero dance (some touching touching, avanga relationship-a kaattaraangalaama).
    8) Hero combines dance and martial arts to fulfill his destiny.

Tony Jaa edhaavadhu pannuvaarunnu wait panni wait panni kaduppaanadhudhaan micham. Should've fast forwarded to the fights and shift-delete.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho070
    Ong Bak 3
    Didn't know it went this far. Ithukellam oru terrorist movement illaya? Some Anti Too Many Sequel Assocation?
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Sarna's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    nandri P_B
    ஊரு வம்ப பேசும்
    அட உண்மை சொல்ல கூசும்
    போடும் நூறு வேஷம்
    தினம்
    பொய்ய சொல்லி ஏசும்
    ஏ தில்லா டாங்கு டாங்கு
    அட என்னா உங்க போங்கு

Post Thanks / Like
    goodwill hunting..
    wat a film...how did i miss such a film..matt damon and robin williams-acting at its very best..so natural ..charecter defenitions,justifications,missions etc etc..ellame ..truely an oscar material..
    fabulous movie..i m a matt damon fan b4 seeing this..but after seeing this... way to go..
    Say My Name

Page 11 of 215 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast