Page 104 of 215 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 2142

Thread: Which non-indian film u saw recently has made u post here???

Moderator Diamond Hubber littlemaster1982's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Planes, Trains & Automobiles

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

MI-4 Trailer(not bad) was shown while wathing Tformers 3.
    Last edited by ajithfederer; 4th July 2011 at 12:12 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Tree of Life - Some mixed emotions nevertheless a great watch . More on it tomorrow.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    ajithfederar - sooper. Please write about it. I must watch it this weekend.
    நெலயா நில்லாது நினைவில் வரும் நெறங்களே

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    A couple of films, watched rather unwillingly.

Transformers 3, frustrating to say the least. I am not much of a fan of such films, but this one is an absolute non-starter even for people like me. Too long & tedious. The final spectacle is well done, (but sad to see Chicago that way, I love that city), but wait, you just can’t keep going on and on. The humor is bland; romance insipid. Though the characters move around in 3D, they are strictly one dimensional. And I hate 3D.

Cars 2 – Much of the time was spent in wondering why I came to this film if I don’t really connect well to animation films. But like Kung Fu Panda 2, this was alright as a time-pass watch, though the general template of such films is getting old. I loved the way they brought London and Paris on animation. Did I mention I hate 3D?

Four Funerals and A Wedding – I liked Hugh Grant in Notting Hill and chose this one to watch but seems he has a limited stock of expressions. This had an interesting premise at least and one should feel satisfied I guess. A few harmless laughs – especially the scene in which Grant gets locked in the room with the newly wed couple doing some Haunn stuff and that discussion about 32 sexual encounters; And that “Funeral Blues” poem was lovely.
    நெலயா நில்லாது நினைவில் வரும் நெறங்களே

Post Thanks / Like
    The Tree of life - Like Robert De Niro said it is very hard to say why TTOL won the Palme D' Or likewise it is very difficult to write a review about this film. You have to watch it to grasp it. Hands down this is the most unique film I've watched ever. The movie is all about Visuals. Everything about cinematography. Terence Malick deserves a lot of praise. Suthi podalamnu solra alavukku irukku.

In present day, The film starts with a mother of a family receiving a telegram and then it is thrown into visuals of the Big Bang Theory(thanks wiki). It was just like watching a documentary from Nature channel or animal planet. It went on for like at-least 10-15 minutes. It's all about the evolution of the earth. There is No dialog or anything. It was just GOING. I was just frustrated when it was going on and I was thinking it was a wrong idea.

And when it is all finally over that's when the real beauty and the best part of the film starts. Cut to flashback, The movie moves to Texas, Pitt/Jessica Chastain as the mother with starkly different personalities. While the father is very strict and tries to insubordinate his kids into submission ridiculing even the minor matters the kids especially the bigger one doesnt like it a bit. The acting is natural to the last bit from the entire family. . The mother is just an Angel from Heaven which every boy dreams when growing up to have. The next hour and half or so is all about the family and that's why it is Brilliant and should be watched in Theatre if you can stand the previous 20-25 mins.

The ending of the film is again wide open to various interpretations. I don't want to say anything more as I have revealed a bit too much as it is already.

P.S: Brad Pitt is terrific as a father who wants to mould his children in the tough ways of today's world. I would be surprised if he doesn't get a nomination from the Academy this year.
    Last edited by ajithfederer; 6th July 2011 at 03:01 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.brynmawrfilm.org/

I had to take a train from Philly to go to Bryn mawr to see this film. This place is a wonder. They just have 2 screens and do just 3/4 shows a day max. They don't release new releases/blockbusters as such. They only release mostly Hollywood classics and critically acclaimed foreign films. The other film which was running there was Woody Allen's A midnight in Paris with a star studded cast and the trailer didn't look bad either.

For more info look into the link above.
    Last edited by ajithfederer; 6th July 2011 at 02:59 AM.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Querida's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice review of TTOL...hope to watch it soon.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unknown

Watchable for the suspense factor.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Post Thanks / Like
    Two and a Half Men

Season 4 : Episode 22, 23 and 24.

Mr. McGlue's Feedbag - Alan asks Charlie to look after Jake when he has to go to DMV but charlie instead takes him to the track where Jake luckily wins 1120$.

Anteaters, They're Just Crazy Looking - Charlie loses a woman he is dating to a young, handsome handyman, Fernando (ENRIQUE IGLESIAS), who is working on Charlie's house. Fun-tastic episode.

Prostitutes and Gelato - Charlie and Alan must confront their "daddy issues" when Evelyn's new boyfriend, Teddy (ROBERT WAGNER - "Hart to Hart"), invites them to Las Vegas on his private jet to watch a boxing match.

Season 5, 1:
    Large Birds, Spiders And Mom - Charlie and Alan try to prepare Jake for his first day of junior high school -- but they might end up traumatizing him instead. Funny as hell.

These are one of the best episodes in 4th season.
    Last edited by ajithfederer; 8th July 2011 at 06:12 AM.