Page 213 of 215 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215 LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 2142

Thread: Which non-indian film u saw recently has made u post here???

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ant Man- Just watched this on the big screen last weekend. The movie makes no pretenses about what it wants to say and it is apparent that the makers knew right at the start that this cannot rival bigger Marvel productions such as the Avengers, Iron Man or Captain America. So it pretty much sticks to its USPs and scores right. While beating every superhero movie cliche out of the park, it does score some points on novelty with the inclusion of Michael Pena in the mix. The analogy between Dr. Hank Pym and the Ant Man and their roles as fathers could have been explored a lot more though. That could have made up for the lack of character development. Overall though the action set pieces should be good enough to rake the moolah.

And I am halfway through OldBoy (2000). Wonder how I missed this for so long. Mesmerizing film making especially the way the story is structured and how the camera work goes hand in glove with the plot. And not to mention the sound track as well.
    Last edited by Arvind Srinivasan; 30th July 2015 at 02:11 AM.
    “You never fail until you stop trying.”
    ― Albert Einstein

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unfriended

A neat horror film. Recommended..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fantasy/Epic Tales

Skammeren's Datter [2015 : Danish : 1h30m : Fantasy (Family, Action, Adventure)]
    English Working Title : The Shamer's Daughter

Adapted from Danish Young Adult (YA) series by Lene Kaaberbol.
    The film is episode 1 from The Shamer Chronicles #1 (I think).

Directed by : Kenneth Kainz

A medieval setting with castles and forts, warriors and witches, dungeons and dragons, kings and deception, Skammeren's Datter follows the adventure of a gifted child who finds herself in a suituation to save her loved ones. A must for any Fantasy film lover, or anyone wishes to watch a movie with their kids during a quite evening. Initially I thought it could be a Female Harry Potter, and got into watching the film to have few giggles. But suprisingly, the film was engaging, wonderfully shot, sets up exciting premises and the visual effects were mind blowing. I simply fell in love with the Dragon, who ever designed it, hats off. The film moves swiftly and I think Kenneth Kainz uses this part to throw in all the principle characters (I have not read the books). So, there is not much of a development or bonding, and hope a Part 2 will happen soon. And movie is quite emotional too, and the kid was awesome. Not just that, few more suprises in Action & Adventure.

Skammeren's Datter - Beautifully Entertaining

Flukt [2012 : Norwegian : 1h20m : Survival (Action, Thirller, Slasher, Epic)]
    English Working Title : Escape

Directed by Roar Uthaug (Cold Prey)

Starring one of my favourite actress Ingrid Bolso Berdal

Another drama set in the medieval with swords & crossbow, plains and jungles, hunters and survivors, barbarism and brutality, Flukt-the film, takes us running along with a escaped teenager during the Black Death. Ingrid chases her through the terrains as she has got something that belongs to her. Its amazing to see how the film makers throw in the emotional quotient in such dark tales of survival. The actress are pretty and give their best to bring in the realism & horrors of the said period that Roar Uthaug wanted to (re)create visually. Everything seems to be sitting perfect for a Survival genre film.

Flukt - Pretty Impressive
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Post Thanks / Like
    Crime Films from Argentine

Hits of Ricardo Darin (such an awesome Actor)

El secreto de sus ojos [2009 : Spanish : 2h10m : Crime (Murder Mystery, Drama)]
    English Working Title : The Secret in Their Eyes

Written & Directed by Juan Jose Campanella

Benjamin (Ricardo Darin) starts authoring a fictional work on a crime that had hiccups to be solved during the days he practised law under the Buenos Aires prosecutor’s office. While undergoing few research over the topic chosen, he suddenly seems to unearth hidden truths that link the 'happened' with the present. The mystry that the past reveals devastates Benjamin by pushing him to unsolve it, yet another time.

I recomend this movie to everyone who loves mystry and see a crime tale place its pieces and then reassembling it in such an interesting manner.

The Secret in Their Eyes - Classified Shred

Tesis sobre un homicidio [2013 : Spanish : 1h45m : Crime (Murder Mystery, Drama)]
    English Working Title : Thesis on a Homicide

Direction : Hernan Goldfrid (based on a book written by Diego Paszkowski)
    Spl. Mention : Music Composed by Sergio Moure de Oteyza & Cinematography Rodrigo Pulpeiro

Roberto (Ricardo Darin), an ex-criminal lawyer and a now visiting professor in Criminal Law School, gets a bit more deep by taking a murder at the parking lot very personel. He starts to investigate with a theory that he manipulates himself to beleive and the facts point him to the conclusion which tears him apart that he starts to loose him own identity.

A riveting tale of human mind and its games. The suspense is wonderful, and so are the music and cinematography. A poetical Crime Thriller.

Thesis on a Homicide : Absolute Theory
    Last edited by mappi; 10th August 2015 at 01:59 PM.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Senior Member Devoted Hubber gane14's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kingsman: The Secret Service - Fun and Entertaining, Liked it
    எல்லாம் நன்மைக்கே

Post Thanks / Like
    TED 2

Ted 2 isn't half as bad as it is touted to be. Or probably I had just very low expectations of it and I was satisfied.

Ted 2 wins for me because, unlike in the first movie, Ted feels like a real character and not like a piece of mediocre animation.

Amanda Seyfried comes in for Mila Kunis and fits the shoes perfectly, which were a bit tight for Mila Kunis in the previous film.

More than half the things that happen in Ted 2 could be predicted by just knowing that this movie exists. But the fun in the film is how the relationship between Ted and John (Wahlberg) is still intact like a couple of friends who can keep being a lot of fun always.

There are some films which are called comedies but they take themselves too seriously for us to enjoy them. Ted 2 isn't one of them even though it has more than a countable number of instances where it could've been a tad too serious. Which is good.

Except for a scene or two there aren't any moments here that might make us laugh out loud. But it is comfortable enough for us to enjoy the rest of the finely drawn comedy in the film with a smile as the makers themselves realize the subtlety of humor in it and have played it that way.

Now that it has a sequel I guess 'Ted' is now a franchise and this one has it's limitations. But the limits with which it plays self consciously is why I might wait for the third movie. The pop references and the current affair satire throughout the movie is top shelf stuff.
    Vaazhvathu edharku vaiyagathin sugangalai vaazhkaiyil perathaane!

Post Thanks / Like
    The Visit [2015 : English : Thriller (Horror, Cringe Comedy) - Found Footage : 1h35m ]

Family circumstances put teens Becca & Tyler to visit their grandparents for the week. Happy to be with their Nana & Papa, the teens soon discover the bizzare behaviour of their grand-parents, esp., during the night. Explanations about illness that takes over during oldage, reasures them untill they start to experience fear. But as usual the realisation comes too late.

A creepy & fun movie. It is certainly for faint hearted, and if you are watching it beside/with them The Visit would be 'intensely humoristic'. Deanna Dunagan who plays Nana is too good. Found the music score & the songs playing in the background enjoyable, well if you are a horror genre fan. And for those who are allergic to Found Footage just like me, this film does not shake that much and is easily watchable like any other ordinary movie (except towards the climax, where the runnings begin, but still manageable).

The Visit - "There's something wrong with Nana"

Post Thanks / Like
    The Man from U.N.C.L.E. [2015 : English : UK/USA : 2hrs : Spy Thriller (Period)]
    Co-written, Produced & Directed by Guy Ritchie

Music : Daniel Pemberton ; Cinematography : John Mathieson ; Edited by James Herbert

Based on 'The Man from U.N.C.L.E.' by Ian Fleming
    [also, an adaptation of the TV Episodes of the same name]

Split by attribute, be it method or mode, two secret agent must unite to stop a nuclear threat which not only would put an end to the world, but more importantly accuring the technology would put the owning country to rule the planet. Stuck into this spiral, the two agents must get past their ownselves and face the dangers coiled around themselves.

Guy Ritchie films don't really need an introduction. His latest "The Man from the U.N.C.L.E" is exactly as awesome like his previous films. Adorable casting, classic songs in funky suituations - this time Guy goes Tropical, freaking awesome stunt sequences, funny dialouges, charming characters - Alicia as Gaby is a scream, tangy villans, awesome title cards - with spectacular fonts & images with pleasing colours, mind blowing editiion and a trendy way of naration - the climax chase is a blast, eventhough there are no explosions to drive in the adrenaline, but just 3 vehicles racing through the mountainous terrain; the way its shot, cut and projected is simply brilliant.

Henry Cavill as Napoleon Solo and Armie Hammer as Illya Kuryakin were too good, they looked exactly what they talked & did on screen. Eventhough I have not watched the TV Series, but have heard a lot about it and also had burshed through few comic strips. The adapted film version takes care of minute details when going into period film genre, and I am sure it will be a treat for the TV Series fans to re-discover their favourite Heroes back in action.

The Man from U.N.C.L.E. simply beats everything merely by the way Guy Ritchie has visioned, presented and directed the film.

The Man from U.N.C.L.E. - Triple Agent.

My favourite OST from the film :

1/ This song is a blast, when the spies should race against time on a Scooter and rescue themselves from their cover getting blown.

Jimmy, Renda se by Tom Zé

2/ This track changes the mood of the film, as it does while listening (esp, hear how it shifts around 2m25s).

Drums of War (OST)

3/ This one is sort of a theme for the movie, after a wonderful opening they have nailed it during the last minute of the track.

Escape from East Berlin (OST)

There are 28 tracks in the OST of 'The Man from U.N.C.L.E.', a must for a Guy Ritchie Fan.
    Last edited by mappi; 23rd October 2015 at 03:59 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Hallow [English : 1H40m : Fantasy-Horror (Creature Feature)]

Written & Directed by Corin Hardy
    Cinematography : Martijn Van Broekhuizen ; Edited : Nick Emerson; Music : James Gosling; Sound Design : Steve Fanagan

A young couple, Adam & Claire, move to their Forest House with their new born child Finn. Ignoring the warnings from the localist, the family starts to explore and adapt to the new enviornment, when mysterious attacks claim their clamness. The family has to survive from their mysterious aggressors.

A Nightish Shyamalan setup works fantastically for the film-The Hallow. Corin Hardy has enhanced the 'fairy-tale' Horror quality with an excellent cast. And the major highlight of the film is the sound design & camera works. Coupling them both is the editing done excellently. James Gosling original score is spooky along with the shadows & dry trees which already look eerie. Everything is "on camera" effects, and that's a rarity these days. It was possible mainly beacuse Corin Hardy is a Visual Artists for films and he is currently working on The Crow Reboot.

Van Broekhuizen :
    Lighting and camera-wise we made a couple of distinctive choices; how we would address the scene and work with the actors was another. We created a mixed light situation in which we made the exterior night a little bit more cyan to give it a bit more of a “fairytale” look, and we made the interior (practical) light very warm to create a big shift between the inside and the outside. The tungsten light, which plays a role with the creatures, had a very specific role throughout the film. (Shot with camera ALEXA).

The Hallow - Darkly Sacred

Post Thanks / Like
    Paranormal Activity: Ghost Dimension

This is the worst movie of the series. It doesn't explain anything from the previous installments. Also makes the whole point of the Marked Ones a huge waste of time. Being a fan of this series I was highly disappointed.