Thread: Which non-indian film u saw recently has made u post here???

Threaded View

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Apostle [(2018 : English : 2H10 : Horror (Mystery, Thriller, Fantasy)]
    Written, directed & produced by Gareth Evans (The Raid) starring Dan Stevens (The Guest)

Available on NETFLIX
    Viewers discretion is advised

"And we showed them the glory and the love of God himself, and then they showed us the Devil."

A resurrected warrior of God, who had left behind his faith during the process, must reach an island and confront a religious leader convicted of crimes.

The film is gore and violent, but has its own scenic beauty in it. Apostle is completely different from The Raid series and concentrates this time on social and enviornmental issues. Gareth Evans throws much politics inside where all those who go against the government are not saviours. Just like his previous films, the Apostle is wonderfully shot, suspenseful, scary at the same time entertaining too. The film quietly shifts genres keeping intact the interest eventhough the basic model of the scenario puts a doubt of watching a fable. Dan Stevens reminds me a lot my favourite super-hero Bruce Campbell (The man called Ash who had fought evil for several decades ... LoL). The Guest was the first movie that I saw of Dan Stevens and I quickly recognised the villainous brace behind the charming face. Just like Ryan Gosling, for that Di Caprio, Dan Stevens can emit pure evil. Its amazing to see writers creating dark characters and allowing them to meet a bigger evil and see what happens. Lucy Boynton is a doll. The mysterious island surrounded by creepy atmospheric music sometimes increases the heartbeat. The metaphor is quite cleverly planted while contructing the story running along with the dialogues and action.

Apostle - Evil Alive
    Last edited by mappi; 14th October 2018 at 07:01 PM.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India