Thread: Which non-indian film u saw recently has made u post here???

Threaded View

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Amazing Spider-Man 2 [2014 : English : 2h30m : Superhero (Action, Drama)]
    Directed by Marc Webb
    Story : Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci & Jeff Pinkner

Banner : Colombia Pictures

Starring : Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Sally Field & Jamie Foxx

Spider-Man is a celebrity is NYC. He cooly swings to the rescue of the people. But Peter Parker is sliding down due to his love affair falling apart as well as his urge to know more about his parents - (I don't know how much you remember Part 1). The Norman's son, Harry, takes over the Oscorp and learns that he is having the same problem just as his dad. He comes to know that Spidy's blood could be a cure, but Spider-Man cannot just give his blood, could he ? Max is an electrician in Oscorp, and an accident makes his Electro (name says it all). He gets captured by Spider-Man and is put in a special prison. When harry needs a cure desperately, he escapes and teams up with Elctro to take down Spider-Man in a historic finale.

Amazing Spiderman follows the gritty dark age comic, where the writers try to experiment and explore more with the characters. The moive is more of an emotional drama than a super-hero spectacle. It has a opening fight sequence, followed by tear jerkers, a middle spectacle, followed by tear gas, and a grande climax exploding again with tear bombs. It may appeal to today's comic fans, but in no way its going to attract a old-shool comic geek like myself. As a movie the drama works a bit, its more like a teenage love-break suituation that really suits the character Peter Paker. But it certainly does not seem to affect Spider-Man. Its a split personality saga, where Peter cries when he does not wear a mask, and cracks jokes and is really funny when he has buckled up his suit. That really looked so weird. Add in the messy story, the whole web gimmicks does not click.

Its the best 3D movie that I saw in recent times. It was just Amazing. If you planing to watch it, watch it in 3D. Myself a bit allergic to this technology, really enjoyed it and after about 150mins, I still did not get a head ache. Another amazing factor is the Spidy POV Web Spinings. It was fabulous. The transformation of Jamie Foxx to Electro was superb, and the climax fight was jaw dropping. All with some stunning camera work, innovative idea & some spectacular special effects, that too in 3D. Awesome. And Electro was fantastic eventhough his back-story looks a twin to Riddler's. The Climax fight was quite nicely pulled with some awesome sound effects.

While the movie draws to the end, it catches up well with the Amazing Spider-Man comics which I really appreciated. Don't click the spoiler coloumn if you are planning to watch the movie.

Spoiler: 
    If you had followed Gerry Conway series, at a point of time you will know where the story is heading. I told my girl friend whats gonna happen, even though she was upset that I gave away the spoilers (LoL), but I was rather curious to know how they are going to pictorize it. All I could say is that, it was best, just falling a bit short of Watchmen movie. The whole episode was narated brilliantly, the one perfect shinning aspect in the film.

Peter Parker has many girl firends. He has to, as he is a teenager and the whole Spider-Man idea was born for that purpose when you had Captain America, Superman and Batman, whom we can look upon but not relate to. So here is Spider-Man, the 4th superhero, who comes from our neighborhood. So, following Peter Parker; a struggling student, a struggling youngster to find a job after his graduation, comes from a lower middle class family but takes his strides as it comes; Peter Parker life crosses with many interests, with whom he builds a affair. His very first love was Gwen Stacy, his class mate.

When the Spider-Man original series came to an end, it paved ways to story arc, a way of extending the current material. Gerry Conway started the Amazing spider-Man series for Marvel, and he did not hit the bulls eye this time, but shot right at the heart. He killed Gwen Stacy and wonderfully titled the comic in the end, precisely in the 2 volume.

Thats exactly what you will see, but it all happens in a clock tower which was awesomely filmed.

Kind of getting settled with Andrew Garfield. He does match up both as Peter Parker as well as Spider-Man. He pulls a good performence in the end. Jamie Foxx was awesome as a nerd as well as Electro. Just that the story should have more on Rise of Electro rather than Weeping Spider-Man. Emma Stone was pretty, but still had that funny hair dress. She does perform well as Gwen, but still she got to choose and do more roles like in the film The Help (wonderful drama that will connect your emotionally with some stunning performence by the lead ladies => Must Watch). Sally Field takes up the aunt role quite seriously and there is an emotional aunt-son moment (well the movie is loaded with such artifacts).

There are so many messed up things in the movie, to name a few, all the Villan Back stories are not grippy and are quite silly too. Max aka Electro want to avenge Spidy just because Spidy did not recall what his name was. Harry tries to murder Spider-Man just because he does not give him his blood, fair deal, but in the basement of Oscorp there are gadgets that can do wonders ! The Rhino misses not its foot, but its footage. So on so forth. But still Amazing Spider-Man 2 is a watch that MAY satisfy you. Its like a birthday cake, no one will get a good piece, but all are happy to share it.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Sloppy Spidy

... and stay thru the end credits to be rewarded with a glimpse of ... ?!?
    Last edited by mappi; 11th May 2014 at 04:50 AM. Reason: added foot note
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement