Page 167 of 215 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 2142

Thread: Which non-indian film u saw recently has made u post here???

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Didn't like Murder on the Orient Express. Not a fan of Agatha Christie, nor was I too impressed with the film despite the cast (Connery hangs around a lot in the background).
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    I recommended Network to an colleague. He liked it and of his own accord d/l'ed DDA and ended up liking it too.
    kittaththatta saNdai aayiduchchu. eppadi unakku andhappadam pidikkalaam-nu.
    Then he recommended Jarmusch to me.
    sari, payyan eppadippattavan-nu purinjiruchchu. appadiyE vittuttEn. Let us part as friends-nu.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    More normal transition from Lumet's films would be Norman Jewison's films (Alan Pakula another one). Jewison's ...And Justice For All for Pacino fans.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber kid-glove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AravindMano View Post
    The Kid With A Bike. Very understated that the greatness might be missed by many.

Kid in this forum, qostins for you.

1) What other films of this director-writer should I be watching?
    2) Did you like the way the robbery subplot ended - the fall from the tree and all that? I loved it. I think that moment made the film for me.
    3) Do you have a bike?

Thank you.
    1) Rosetta, L'Enfant, Le Fils, followed by The Promise & Lorna's Silence
    2) I liked the robbery episode (the word 'subplot' seems a tad contrived for the Dardenne genre). Like you, the 'moment' made the film. We are in that moment. We understand the complexity of the scene and yet, it's so ridiculously sliced from life, that you find the expression 'slice of life' bastardized elsewhere. The dangers of childhood & of the child, put in to context by parenthood & of the parent, is a recurring theme in their oeuvre, but never at expense of the true-to-life narrative & the singular 'ironic' feeling, the direful & desperate tendencies of the characters who would be reduced to stereotypes in any other hands. There's no annoyance or degradation, only empathy & understanding. Just indulge with the moment, never judge.
    3) I did. Did you? But It never had any meaning to me. But to the kid here, it's the only ever material possession he had, that a kid of his age would have faulted it to be more than just utilitarian, an emotional belonging. And this kid's turbulent, destitute nature feels associative with the bike & movement. Ultimately when he lets her ride it, it feels like a big moment.. I heart Dardennes.
    ...an artist without an art.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho070 View Post
    12 Angry Men
    hey... enga kelavikkum murukku suda theriyum...
    naanum watchinaen... arumai...
    could not resist thinking abt andha naal, b/w, crime investigation, different perspectives the reason... dono if there was any inspiration drawn...
    the character who bursts out towards the climax thinking abt his wayward son... his face has all the characteristics of being a tamil actor
    engayo paattha madhiri irundhaar...
    Sach is Life..

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kid-glove View Post
    1) Rosetta, L'Enfant, Le Fils, followed by The Promise & Lorna's Silence
    2) I liked the robbery episode (the word 'subplot' seems a tad contrived for the Dardenne genre). Like you, the 'moment' made the film. We are in that moment. We understand the complexity of the scene and yet, it's so ridiculously sliced from life, that you find the expression 'slice of life' bastardized elsewhere. The dangers of childhood & of the child, put in to context by parenthood & of the parent, is a recurring theme in their oeuvre, but never at expense of the true-to-life narrative & the singular 'ironic' feeling, the direful & desperate tendencies of the characters who would be reduced to stereotypes in any other hands. There's no annoyance or degradation, only empathy & understanding. Just indulge with the moment, never judge.
    3) I did. Did you? But It never had any meaning to me. But to the kid here, it's the only ever material possession he had, that a kid of his age would have faulted it to be more than just utilitarian, an emotional belonging. And this kid's turbulent, destitute nature feels associative with the bike & movement. Ultimately when he lets her ride it, it feels like a big moment.. I heart Dardennes.

Dhanks, will watch the other films.

Oh I had a bike. No attachment at all. But other people were very scared thuough.
    நெலயா நில்லாது நினைவில் வரும் நெறங்களே

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watched The Vow. Just went in for Rachel Mcadams. Dry spell broken finally.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wanted to post this yesterday. A grand 40 years have passed since the greatest film ever premiered on March 15th 2012. To the movie which made many take movies very seriously .

[IMG]img4.hostingpics.net/pics/902822parrainI05.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by ajithfederer; 16th March 2012 at 08:08 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by ajithfederer; 16th March 2012 at 08:20 PM.

Junior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Moneyball...

Should be patient to see the whole movie... bt gud movie..