Page 209 of 215 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 2142

Thread: Which non-indian film u saw recently has made u post here???

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Amazing Spider-Man 2 [2014 : English : 2h30m : Superhero (Action, Drama)]
    Directed by Marc Webb
    Story : Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci & Jeff Pinkner

Banner : Colombia Pictures

Starring : Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Sally Field & Jamie Foxx

Spider-Man is a celebrity is NYC. He cooly swings to the rescue of the people. But Peter Parker is sliding down due to his love affair falling apart as well as his urge to know more about his parents - (I don't know how much you remember Part 1). The Norman's son, Harry, takes over the Oscorp and learns that he is having the same problem just as his dad. He comes to know that Spidy's blood could be a cure, but Spider-Man cannot just give his blood, could he ? Max is an electrician in Oscorp, and an accident makes his Electro (name says it all). He gets captured by Spider-Man and is put in a special prison. When harry needs a cure desperately, he escapes and teams up with Elctro to take down Spider-Man in a historic finale.

Amazing Spiderman follows the gritty dark age comic, where the writers try to experiment and explore more with the characters. The moive is more of an emotional drama than a super-hero spectacle. It has a opening fight sequence, followed by tear jerkers, a middle spectacle, followed by tear gas, and a grande climax exploding again with tear bombs. It may appeal to today's comic fans, but in no way its going to attract a old-shool comic geek like myself. As a movie the drama works a bit, its more like a teenage love-break suituation that really suits the character Peter Paker. But it certainly does not seem to affect Spider-Man. Its a split personality saga, where Peter cries when he does not wear a mask, and cracks jokes and is really funny when he has buckled up his suit. That really looked so weird. Add in the messy story, the whole web gimmicks does not click.

Its the best 3D movie that I saw in recent times. It was just Amazing. If you planing to watch it, watch it in 3D. Myself a bit allergic to this technology, really enjoyed it and after about 150mins, I still did not get a head ache. Another amazing factor is the Spidy POV Web Spinings. It was fabulous. The transformation of Jamie Foxx to Electro was superb, and the climax fight was jaw dropping. All with some stunning camera work, innovative idea & some spectacular special effects, that too in 3D. Awesome. And Electro was fantastic eventhough his back-story looks a twin to Riddler's. The Climax fight was quite nicely pulled with some awesome sound effects.

While the movie draws to the end, it catches up well with the Amazing Spider-Man comics which I really appreciated. Don't click the spoiler coloumn if you are planning to watch the movie.

Spoiler: 
    If you had followed Gerry Conway series, at a point of time you will know where the story is heading. I told my girl friend whats gonna happen, even though she was upset that I gave away the spoilers (LoL), but I was rather curious to know how they are going to pictorize it. All I could say is that, it was best, just falling a bit short of Watchmen movie. The whole episode was narated brilliantly, the one perfect shinning aspect in the film.

Peter Parker has many girl firends. He has to, as he is a teenager and the whole Spider-Man idea was born for that purpose when you had Captain America, Superman and Batman, whom we can look upon but not relate to. So here is Spider-Man, the 4th superhero, who comes from our neighborhood. So, following Peter Parker; a struggling student, a struggling youngster to find a job after his graduation, comes from a lower middle class family but takes his strides as it comes; Peter Parker life crosses with many interests, with whom he builds a affair. His very first love was Gwen Stacy, his class mate.

When the Spider-Man original series came to an end, it paved ways to story arc, a way of extending the current material. Gerry Conway started the Amazing spider-Man series for Marvel, and he did not hit the bulls eye this time, but shot right at the heart. He killed Gwen Stacy and wonderfully titled the comic in the end, precisely in the 2 volume.

Thats exactly what you will see, but it all happens in a clock tower which was awesomely filmed.

Kind of getting settled with Andrew Garfield. He does match up both as Peter Parker as well as Spider-Man. He pulls a good performence in the end. Jamie Foxx was awesome as a nerd as well as Electro. Just that the story should have more on Rise of Electro rather than Weeping Spider-Man. Emma Stone was pretty, but still had that funny hair dress. She does perform well as Gwen, but still she got to choose and do more roles like in the film The Help (wonderful drama that will connect your emotionally with some stunning performence by the lead ladies => Must Watch). Sally Field takes up the aunt role quite seriously and there is an emotional aunt-son moment (well the movie is loaded with such artifacts).

There are so many messed up things in the movie, to name a few, all the Villan Back stories are not grippy and are quite silly too. Max aka Electro want to avenge Spidy just because Spidy did not recall what his name was. Harry tries to murder Spider-Man just because he does not give him his blood, fair deal, but in the basement of Oscorp there are gadgets that can do wonders ! The Rhino misses not its foot, but its footage. So on so forth. But still Amazing Spider-Man 2 is a watch that MAY satisfy you. Its like a birthday cake, no one will get a good piece, but all are happy to share it.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Sloppy Spidy

... and stay thru the end credits to be rewarded with a glimpse of ... ?!?
    Last edited by mappi; 11th May 2014 at 04:50 AM. Reason: added foot note
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Sunday Double Damaka - UK back-to-back feature films

Hits of Paddy Considine

Dead Man's Shoes [2004 : English : 1h30m : Thriller (Mystry, Suspense)]
    Directed by Shane Meadows
    Written by Paddy Considine

Starring : Paddy Considine & Toby Kebbell (RocknRolla)

(Eligible viewership +16, for violence, blood, language, drug use & brutality)

Richard is on a killing spree. He hunts and murders a gang of drug dealers. His motive and his methods of executing them is what is explained during the whole run time of this wonderfully titled film.

When I first saw it in 2004, I always wanted to revist it. Glad that I can get a re-look at it after a decade. The film is the most authentic presentation of a storyline, well narrated and executed. Its angle of moving the story thru the activities of the drug users was super original. Paddy Considine gives a memorable performence. He takes your attention 10 minutes into the film, while in a bar, and then gives it back to you only towards the end. The whole sub-plot is emotionally moving, and just like Death Wish, you will not feel for any murders Richard commits. Apart from a wonderful direction, the art of filming the characters was eye-poping. It elevates the performence and in the audience POV; it gives a inside drive around the scenes. There are several interesting moments both in motion and performence. The dialogues get the story ticking and kicking - "God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into heaven. I can't live with that". And yeah, talking about dialogue, you got to switch on the subtitles (well, I did), as the regional British accent is very thick.

This movie is certainly a "not-to-miss" category, for its innovative attempt.

Dead Man's Shoes - "Dance at my party"

Honour [2014 : English : 1h35m : Thriller (Drama, Mystry,Suspense)]
    Written & directed by Shah Khan

Staring : Paddy Considine & Aiysha Hart (a very talented and upcomming British actress)

(Just mind for the the laguage in the film, mostly the rest is not disturbing until you read the message card by the end of the film and also, the theme may not be appropriate for small kids.)

Mona is on the run for more than one reason. Comming from a muslim family and falling in love with another community male is just a drop of her problem. The waves hit her life hard when the eloping goes all wrong, and the actual tsunami engulfs her when her family hires a bounty hunter (Mr. Nobody played by Paddy Considine) to find her and bring her back home. Even if Mr. Nobody finds her, she cannot get back home, again for more than one reason. Then its not only all about the cat & mouse episodes, but also the revelation which even squeezes the ruthless hunter and sends him crushing not knowing how to handle Mona.

The film is a slow pacer. But the beauty is, it keeps you hooked with thrills & shocks, and some may even attempt a mild scream. The plot is what Harlan Coben would have loved Myron Bolitar & Win to investigate. Paddy Considine does an extended cameo, where he shows his agony over his existence due to his past deeds. Aiysha Hart as Mona takes the movie forward with her exceptional performence. The movie is actually in 2 languages, Urdu & English and you have hard subtitles for Urdu portions. Thats a bit of a diappointment for those who do not wish to watch a movie while reading subtitles.

The horror in the movie can be only felt after watching it till the end. Honour is sure to stay with you, well, atleast for a while.

Honour : "How about you tell me your story and I'll tell you mine?"

If you liked these films, check a much light hearted British comedy film The World's End starring the hillarious duo Simon Pegg & Nick Frost supported by Paddy Considine.
    Last edited by mappi; 11th May 2014 at 04:44 AM. Reason: corrected spelling mistakes !
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Million Dollar Arm

A sports movie with a predictable storyline. But not a single dull moment, thanks to the humour quotient, performances of the lead artists.

ARR's music is a big plus and his presence is evident right from the start. Should be his second best Hollywood film after 127 hours.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Post Thanks / Like
    The Disappearence of Alice Creed
    [2009 : English : 1h45m : Thriller (Suspence, Crime, Drama)]
    Written & Directed by J. Blakeson

Starring :
    Gemma Arterton (Quantum of Solace, RocknRolla, Gretel),
    Martin Compston (Doomsday)
    Eddie Marsan (Sherlock Holmes, V for Vendetta)

[Just a check on nudity will do, nothing disturbing in the movie, well, atleast from the visuals]

Alice is not in a Wonderland or Horrorland, but in a KidnappedRoom, taken by 2 ex-convicts for ransom. Little that the three knew that when there is money involved, deception fills the pocket as a discomforting change.

Again, please, do not watch the trailer or read any review, as they give away too much on such a wonderful thriller. The best part of the film is that there are only 3 characters, a room, a van/car & an isolated warehouse. The story travels with them only and thanks to some electrifying performence, other matters does not matter atall. Secondly a well accompanied BGM. And last but not far from least, the twists. There are about half dozen things happening in this sweet little movie, a very few are predictable (myself considered the title a big give away - watch the movie and see the beauty how the title gets credited). And the twists & turns are not thrown at you, but thats how the story unfolds. Only disappointment I had was with the dialogues and a few "macho" type scenes. Dialogues are short and seems to be repetitive. For a British thriller, I expected more sharp one-liners, but had to settle down with only a few which were really catchy.

The Disappearence of Alice Creed - Twist Tarte

Moderator Diamond Hubber littlemaster1982's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Raid 2 - I have seen my share of violent action films, but this one made everything else look like a kids movie. Takes a good 70-80 minutes for the action to start, but once it starts, it never lets up. The car chase and the pre-climax fight were

AF,

You MUST watch this film.

Post Thanks / Like
    LM,

Is the Raid 2 DVD out ?

Moderator Diamond Hubber littlemaster1982's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    DVD isn't out yet. It's getting released on Home media in a week or so. I watched it in theater. This movie is meant for watching with a group of people

9. Thanks mappi thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Edge of Tomorrow [2014 : English : 2h15m : Sci-Fi (Fantasy, Action, Thriller)]
    Adapted from 2009 Japanese novel "All You Need Is Kill" by Hiroshi Sakurazaka

Written for screen by Christopher McQuarrie, Jez Butterworth, John-Henry Butterworth
    Idea & Directed by Doug Liman
    Original Score by Christophe Beck

Starring : Tom Cruise & Emily Blunt

As the caption in the poster is a sort of a give away, I try to tell you whats it all about.
    Man vs Machine, yes, yet again. This war, we face the ones called Mimics, a kind of machines that can manipulate our stratergies. Cage is put into this war without his accord, and as expected he dies within minutes (Beleive it or not, immortal Tom Cruise dies). But he wakes up again, during the moment he entered the war camp (I take back what what I mentioned on your beleif). He goes back into the war, and he dies again. Rinse, Repeat until he meets Rita in the battle field. From here Cage and Rita should unlock the secrets behind "Live. Die. Repeat", and use it to their favour and defeat the machines (ofcoarse without the help of Monsieur Bale).

An Amazing Film. A must for Sci-Fi fans. A must for Action fans. And a must for people, 'who like to look beyond', to see whether they pick up the second story !

Tom Cruise delivers this time. A movie which has all the blockbuster ingredietnts coupled with some amazing layered fiction naration, where his performence only aliments your thought process to build up a theory. Well, the movie is straight forward, if you want it to be. But, if you pay attention, you will certainly be rewarded. Actually the plot has holes, which can be contructed into a theory or more. Its been a while I came across such a film, and its been hours now that I am trying to convince myself with the theories that comes up.

The action is quite realistic. Eventhough the movie burrows plots and lines from various other films & games, the basic idea of incroporating them was brilliant. Going on predictable lines, its the action that maintains the movie on track. Doug Liman had mentioned that he wanted to use the checkpoint in games into his visual naration. He had largely suceeded in it. Just like how you restart from the checkpoint if your die in a game, the film restarts at the same point several times whenever Cage, played by Tom Cruise, dies. The beauty is that the repetions only increases your interest. The ending is a brain squeezer, but does not have that "certain impact" and people may forget or can't realise how much wonderful this film was. The last parts of the film and the final scene is where the film projects itself to be crooked. Would be very glad to discuss it with any one interested, worth our time, trust me.

3D was good, in the sense that my head was not pounding while and after the film. 7.1 surround was amazing. All the sound setup, esp. the machine noises were good and during the battle field action sequences you hear a lot of noises all around the hall, a great experience.

Edge of Tomorrow - Exploding Today

Post Thanks / Like
    Sabotage

Thought it would be kind of Arnie's film with awesome oneliners, but the movie just roamed aimelessly, where Arnie hasn't a clue. During an attack operation on a drug cartel, the DEA team headed by Breacher (Arnie) gets into trouble when 10 million dollars goes missing from the pile. From then each one of the team members meet grusome death, leading the surving rest suspect one another. Finaly, when the turth is blown out, it proves to be explosive. Its more of a suspense thriller than action, a kind of late night CSI TV episodes. Great casting but for the wrong show. None of them took the game seriously and were seen goofing up their parts trying hard to be either funny or smart. Arnie gets a few cigar shots and not so catchy liners (the 48% fat dig made my day), and tries to make up to it at the end, but its already too late. Another disappointment comes thru Sam Worthington, though his attire was KickA$$. David Ayer has given yet another time a soup from his dinner bowl.

Sabotage : Total Damage
    Last edited by mappi; 11th July 2014 at 06:05 PM.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whoa!. Do people still write here?. Thanks LM. I will check it out. Maapi, you are a blessed man.