Page 52 of 91 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: The 1950s and 1960s

Senior Member Senior Hubber rajeshkrv's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Professor thanks for this wonderful song..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber madhu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    professor sir, that is really a rare one ! thanks a lot !

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all,

Have been out of touch with this forum for a long while now. My apologies.

Would appreciate if a link for the only song sung by TMS under AMR's baton in 'Anbukkor Anni" is provided by someone. Don't think I have heard this song, and this should be a rare song.

Also Professor avargale, a belated thanks to your advice abt convering audio cassettes to MP3 format, but my cassette player has stopped functioning and nowdays you don't get sound system with cassette decks along with CD players. Out of date. Probably CDS and MP3s too would become obsolete one day like the vinyl record player and cassette player have become.

I still remember the spool tape recorder which was upstaged by the cassette recorder. That's the price we pay for technological progress. Who ever thought one can store thousands of songs in a small chip and carry it along with one's cellphone!

Regards

Ramaswamy
    Last edited by s ramaswamy; 18th July 2011 at 05:17 PM.

Member Junior Hubber KANDASAMY SEKKARAKUDI's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by s ramaswamy View Post
    Hi all,

Have been out of touch with this forum for a long while now. My apologies.

Would appreciate if a link for the only song sung by TMS under AMR's baton in 'Anbukkor Anni" is provided by someone. Don't think I have heard this song, and this should be a rare song.

Also Professor avargale, a belated thanks to your advice abt convering audio cassettes to MP3 format, but my cassette player has stopped functioning and nowdays you don't get sound system with cassette decks along with CD players. Out of date. Probably CDS and MP3s too would become obsolete one day like the vinyl record player and cassette player have become.

I still remember the spool tape recorder which was upstaged by the cassette recorder. That's the price we pay for technological progress. Who ever thought one can store thousands of songs in a small chip and carry it along with one's cellphone!

Regards

Ramaswamy
    dear ramasamy sir,

i am giving you the only tms song in '' anbukkor annni '' film

'' saththiyamey thunaiyaana pothu sanchalamey anugaathu ''

http://www.mediafire.com/?oynunyzygxm

yours

prof.s.s.kandasamy

'' yaan petra inbam peruga iv vaiyagam ''
    S.S.KANDASAMY

Post Thanks / Like
    Prof avargale,

Tks for the link to the lone TMS song sung under AMRaja's baton. A very rare song, I feel.

Taking the chance to ask for the video link for the excellent TMS Leela duet in "Thangamalai Ragasiyam" - Kalyanam, Nam Kalyanam - and the PS pathos solo "Amudai Pozhiyum Nilave". Any chance of the superb PS solo "Thirunaal Vandadu Ther Vandadu" (Kakkum Karangal) too? And "Ponmudi" duet "Vanmazhai Indri Vaadidum Payir Pol" sung by G Ramanathan and TVRathnam - the video link.

Randor Guy has written that most of the songs of "Ponmudi" were copies of Hindi tunes. Is it correct? I', sure this song is an original score.

Regards

Ramaswamy

Senior Member Senior Hubber rajeshkrv's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ramaswamy,

here is the sad version of Amuthai pozhiyum Nilave

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Rajesh,

Tks a million for the pathos version of "Amudai Pozhiyum". It's among my fav. (so many) of PS. A wonderful song and excellent BGM by TG Lingappa.

What abt the link to "Kalyanam nam Kalyanam" duet in the same film. Not available? The joyful manner in which TMS and Leela sing it makes it ever-green. And the subtle laughter TMS executes in between is very charming.

Any details abt "Ponmudi" songs. Were many of them copies of popular Hindi tunes? The movie came around 1950-51, I believe.

Anbudan

Ramaswamy
    Last edited by s ramaswamy; 20th July 2011 at 02:07 PM.

Member Junior Hubber KANDASAMY SEKKARAKUDI's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    அன்புள்ள ராமசாமி அவர்களுக்கு

எனது மாலை வணக்கம் .

பொன் முடி படத்திற்கு இசை அமைத்தது இசை மேதை G.ராமநாதன் அவர்கள் தான் !

அவர் தனது இசை ஞானத்தால் தான் எல்லாப் பாடல்களுக்கும் இசை அமைத்திருக்கிறார் என்று நினைக்கிறேன்.

வேறு யாருடைய இசையையும் காப்பி அடித்தது போல் எனக்குத் தோன்றவில்லை !

இதோ நீங்கள் விரும்பிய பாடலின் ஒளிப் பதிவு .

'' வான் மழை இன்றி வாடிடும் பயிர் போல் '' - G.ராமநாதன், T.V.ரத்தினம் - பொன் முடி

அன்புடன்

PROF.S.S.KANDASAMY

'' யான் பெற்ற இன்பம் பெறுக இவ் வையகம் ''

Quote Originally Posted by s ramaswamy View Post
    Prof avargale,

Tks for the link to the lone TMS song sung under AMRaja's baton. A very rare song, I feel.

Taking the chance to ask for the video link for the excellent TMS Leela duet in "Thangamalai Ragasiyam" - Kalyanam, Nam Kalyanam - and the PS pathos solo "Amudai Pozhiyum Nilave". Any chance of the superb PS solo "Thirunaal Vandadu Ther Vandadu" (Kakkum Karangal) too? And "Ponmudi" duet "Vanmazhai Indri Vaadidum Payir Pol" sung by G Ramanathan and TVRathnam - the video link.

Randor Guy has written that most of the songs of "Ponmudi" were copies of Hindi tunes. Is it correct? I', sure this song is an original score.

Regards

Ramaswamy
    S.S.KANDASAMY

Post Thanks / Like
    Prof avargale,

Mikka nandri, "ponmudi" padathin arpudamana and rare duet songin video link koduthadirku. Intha padam paadal naan paarthathe illai. Paadalin audio ennidam ulladu thanks to people like you,. Arpudama paadal. Heroine Madhuri Devi allava. Yaar hero?

Intha paadal enakku always "Naan Petra Selvam" soga duet (TMS-Jikki - Inbam vandu serumo) songai ninaivu paduthum. Situation paarthal antha paadal madiriye irukkiradu. Athuvum GRin isai thane!

Anbudan

Ramaswamy

Post Thanks / Like
    Prof avargale,

The link to Randor Guy's "Blast From the Past" (Hindu) article on "Ponmudi" is given below. He has written most of the duets were straight lifts from Hindi tunes.

http://www.hindu.com/cp/2008/10/03/s...0350341600.htm

The relevant para is:

"Ponmudi had melodious music (composed by G. Ramanathan) with Ramanathan himself singing the duets with T. V. Ratnam (voice for Madhuri Devi). The lyrics were by Marudhakasi-Ka. Mu. Sheriff. Though most of such duets were straight lifts from popular Hindi movies, the songs became popular."

Hero's name is mentioned as Narasimha Bharathi in the same article.

Anbudan

Ramaswamy

Page 52 of 91 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast