2 40.00%
  • loves me is responsible for what I am today

3 60.00%
  • my friend

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: That Forgotten Man!

Post Thanks / Like
    Your father a uneducated man traveled to Malaysia in 1920 s,and started a business there,taking a sole responsible for the business and 8 members family in the foreign land is really an achievement. No wonder he is your role model

Quote Originally Posted by NOV
    He was 35 when he met my mother who was 20 and fell in love. He was a staunch Vaishnavite while my mother was a staunch Catholic

It was thier wedding night and my father asked my mother to read out the marriage certificate. Innocently my mother read out everything including my father's name. And she got a shock of her life when she received a slap for mentioning her husband's name

My 3 brothers and I picked up cooking from him. During Deepavali, he would be the one making all the foodstuff.
    Pandigainna neenga murukku sutha kilampum pothey ninachen

Although uneducated, he picked up English and Malay. He also made sure that all of us received good education - and all in English schools. He personally taught all of us Tamil..

Nov, i guess you are last child in your family right ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes Appu.
    Being the youngest of 7, I rarely received any attention from my father
    sathya, thanks once again.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    NOV, a great tribute to your father from you!
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PP madam. there are millions of untold stories like this.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Eagerly waitng!
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    vElan:

Thank you for sharing the story and your feelings towards your father, in such a touching and moving style.

I am sure your father was/is very proud of you; as you are of him.

My tributes to all the fathers of yesterday, today and tomorrow!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Shakthiprabha's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    nov,

Its work both ways. You are proud to be his son and he would be proud to be ur dad, a son who remembers his dad with so much affection after decades.

Appaa, your love for your children is boundless and I am sure you are watching all of us from above.
    He would be! cheers.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Shakthiprabha's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I suppose nov and his story and his thread make me want to share about my dad!
    _________

Nothing much to say...except he is like every other dad around.

His office chores would start as early as 7 am. So he would leave home by 5.45. IF i dont wake up by 6 am, I would get a bit of his anger which was otherwise never ever known to me.

He was most kind to anyone who is around, very soft natured, never would let any harsh word around and EXTREMELY INNOCENT to this date. I suppose I share lil of those blissful innocence.

I was rarely scolded or slapped by him, except on one rare occasion, when I misbehaved and ridiculed a man because he was poor. He gave a tight slap...and moulded me from then on, into a very humble person.

All my pranks would be received with stern face by mom, whilst appa would always cajole me, pet me and...yeah I was my dad's pet (only daughter!)

Appa would always believe in " forgive and forget" . He had lil friends and his mantra was SLOG...EARN and provide all facilities for the family. Very self made man, who with his sheer intelligence and hardwork came up in life . Ive always been brought up as a comfortable child, and even when amma would cringe about getting few dresses, appa would take me around to buy few more salwars.

Appa was very tolerant and he taught me tolerence. He would hardly argue and extremely matured, he taught me the same. He would always say "words spent on argument is waste of time and energy"

He still works in a big company as an engineer and is much sought after for his ability and diligence to this date. Appa knows only 2 things. He understands only 2 things.

His office
    His love for daughter/wife and its always daughter preceeding wife ( so he says )

Appa can NEVER UNDERSTAND me like my mom does . Appa is orthodox in his own way like... a woman (girl) should not answer back husband or should give up small lil dreams and ideas.

He wanted me to quit all dreams I had about media world ( I got few silly offers too) and believed in me being a good wife having my family as primary interest. Amma and appa share the same view so they discouraged me from taking up serious 'career or passion 'which I always was interested....my husband made their perfect son in law who also shares this view. However I had all my choice to select what I could study and stood by me when I continued on with degrees until 3 years back and I do have quite some diplomas and degrees behind me. Thanks to dad and hus.

I did not want to get married early and my dad pinned me right there with his emotional outburst and finally I yielded...Dad's daughter I am!!! so give up.... thats my motto too

I gave up for my dad...lot of my dreams.
    He gave me precious gift of all what I am today, my nature, my tolerance, my character ..everything is Dad's...

and everythign he does is for me. He always sings this line...

"everything I do, I do it for you"

I love him.

Moderator Diamond Hubber Thirumaran's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    NOV and Shakthi

I had in times shared abt my dad in brief while discussing abt Dad based movies.

Would share how my life is so much depends and based on him in a day or Two.

Thanks nov for starting One

Senior Member Diamond Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    NOV and SP akka
    Anbe Sivam

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast