Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you approve Jodi Number ... for Juniors?

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber RAGHAVENDRA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you approve Jodi Number ... for Juniors?

Is it correct? Do you approve?
    Singing competitions themselves involve singing at times, songs with lyrics that contain vulgarity or obscene or any material that may not be suitable for children. But the present reality shows involve children who are exposed to such material in film songs. Some of the songs feature in films that might have certified A.

And we see so many discussions going on on the reality shows on television channels, which include pairing of male and female for dance shows. There are so many terminologies used - chemistry, understanding ... etc., which the previous generations find it difficult to understand.

Generation gap is already there for excuses.

But can this be extended to the children also? Can children be allowed to perform such kind of shows as that of jodi no. ...?
    Will children be made to find out chemistry from the opposite sex? Where will it lead to?

I wonder where the generation next is heading?

This is not against any show, people, participant, or organisers, or channels or any such. But only expression of an anxiety.

Raghavendran
    விமர்சனங்களுக்கு அப்பாற்பட்ட இறைவன் நடிகர் திலகம்.. கடலின் ஆழத்தை அளந்து விடலாம். நடிகர் திலகத்தின் செல்வாக்கை அளக்க முடியாது... அது பயனளிக்கும் போது தான் அதன் ஆழம் புரியும்....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Only through your post I came know that this show is extended to Children also.

Are they gonna do this show?
    யுவன் இசை ராஜா...

Post Thanks / Like
    I personally feel that JN1 show for adults itself is an annoying stuff. I hate that show.

Now, organizing a show for children shocks me.
    யுவன் இசை ராஜா...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do you approve Jodi Number ... for Juniors?

Quote Originally Posted by RAGHAVENDRA
    I wonder where the generation next is heading?
    Danger indeed.

Heading towards a dangerous period where we will witness a 8 year old falling madly in love with his classmate or JN1 mate.

This is not only a question about Gen. next. What about the parents of this generation??? Why are they encouraging this?
    யுவன் இசை ராஜா...

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am completely against all those TV shows which bring in the 'services' of kids. Childhood is something to be cherished and its the duty of every parent to provide the same to their children. It is the most important building block of a person's career/life. Its a period where kids should engage themselves with their studies and play. In fact, the latter is more important. Engaging these kids in such TV shows will only ruin the most important part of their life. Sometimes it really hurts when I watch kids breaking down, unable to withstand failures. Not to forget the girl who committed suicide for losing in a reality show.

Only the greed of the parents and the efforts of the tv channels to boost up their TRPs are to be blamed. Now its Vijay tv and soon Kalaignar tv would come up with 'Maanada Mayilaada-Jr Spl' with useless dance masters commenting on the 'Chemistry' between a 12 yr old and an 8 yr old. God save India!!
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Bala (Karthik)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Death to all inane reality shows
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar
    I am completely against all those TV shows which bring in the 'services' of kids. Childhood is something to be cherished and its the duty of every parent to provide the same to their children. It is the most important building block of a person's career/life. Its a period where kids should engage themselves with their studies and play. In fact, the latter is more important. Engaging these kids in such TV shows will only ruin the most important part of their life. Sometimes it really hurts when I watch kids breaking down, unable to withstand failures. Not to forget the girl who committed suicide for losing in a reality show.

Only the greed of the parents and the efforts of the tv channels to boost up their TRPs are to be blamed. Now its Vijay tv and soon Kalaignar tv would come up with 'Maanada Mayilaada-Jr Spl' with useless dance masters commenting on the 'Chemistry' between a 12 yr old and an 8 yr old. God save India!!
    Yes.

I remember a banner in Villupuram region on seeing your post. The banner was made to celebrate Vijay's new release (VK or Sura. Not sure).

The banner comprised of all the usual elements along with the Fan Club members and their photos. I was shocked to see the photos of School going kids (Hardly 15 yrs) in that banner. How idiotic?

Parents and the entire family are to be blamed.
    யுவன் இசை ராஜா...

Post Thanks / Like
    And, have you seen Odi Vilayadu Pappa (Embarrassing to use Bharathiyaar's line for this stupid show) on Kalaignar TV?

They started the show with quite decent dances and soon moved to the next level. I could see Kids dressing sleazy, dirty dance movements.
    யுவன் இசை ராஜா...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Bala (Karthik)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    In the trailor for Jodi Number 1 Kids section, the kids are so freaking annoying that one feels like giving them a slap or two. The word 'Adhigaprasangithanam' doesn't do justice.
    "Look what they have done to the kids"
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast