View Poll Results: Is this healthier for the Indian Economy?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 33.33%
  • No

2 33.33%
  • Not Sure

2 33.33%
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Indian Students Studying Overseas ... why ?

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nerd,
    Actually more students go to Australia it seems for bachelors (I've read somewhere during the assault on Indian students controversy) and I don't think that many come to USA anyways for bachelor's (as in the case of master's).

Honestly, I didn't seriously think about USA when posting that

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Surya

As a person who attends a private medical college in India....Most NRI Students come to India to study because it's a lot faster to get a Degree in the Medical Field in India since there are no requirements for Premed courses! Not because its "Safe" If anything, it's more dangerous to be here if u don't know what ur doing. And not because it's cheap, it turns out to be the same either way, that's how much these "Private" colleges here charge.
    Is that more expensive than getting an MD form Harvard or Vanderbilit or scripps or Washu?

I am sure it is cheap!

I am sure it is easy to get a seat there compared to the schools I have mentioned here!
    This is a very big world!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Surya,

An unrelated question. I was told by someone that people who get their medical degrees outside the USA should not practise in the USA,. Is this true?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Surya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    BTW Reguarding Safety: From What?

Getting Laid? It isn't rocket science to get laid in India.

Drugs? Maybe the hard stuff like Coke, Acid etc are hard to find here, but Marijuana, the drug which most college students experiment with in their College Years in America, is extremely easy to find in India! Surprisingly easy! I met the father of this kid who's gonna join 1st year starting July, and he tells me and my friends "U guys are in India.... make sure you stay away from Marijuana."

I SHlT U NOT! :nothatway: My frnds and I were like WTF?
    Back after a while...

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd
    Surya,

An unrelated question. I was told by someone that people who get their medical degrees outside the USA should not practise in the USA,. Is this true?
    They need to go through residency again and pass an "MD-equivalent" test before that. Our MBBS is not equivalent to an MD they earn here I believe!
    This is a very big world!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thamiz
    Quote Originally Posted by Surya

As a person who attends a private medical college in India....Most NRI Students come to India to study because it's a lot faster to get a Degree in the Medical Field in India since there are no requirements for Premed courses! Not because its "Safe" If anything, it's more dangerous to be here if u don't know what ur doing. And not because it's cheap, it turns out to be the same either way, that's how much these "Private" colleges here charge.
    Is that more expensive than getting an MD form Harvard or Vanderbilit or scripps or Washu?

I am sure it is cheap!

I am sure it is easy to get a seat there compared to the schools I have mentioned here!
    I'm Sure Ur Wrong! Most Med Schools charge abt the same: (This is when I joined, it keeps increasing every year) 125K US Dollars, (and that's the advertised amount! ), everyone knows the Cell Phone Scandal which happened a few months ago regarding this, so it ends up being even more... After Finishing the course here, there are other courses that ppl usually take to get ready for the the Proficiency Exams like USMLE or NBDE etc etc So summing everything up, it comes out to be quite similar.

It's wokay, neenge nadathunge!
    Back after a while...

Post Thanks / Like
    Surya,

Nope! There are a couple very hard exams that we have to write and a couple short courses after we get back, those are xtreamly competitive, after that we can practice.
    Back after a while...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thamiz
    Surya,

They need to go through residency again and pass an "MD-equalent" test before that. Our MBBS is not equalent to an MD they earn here I believe!
    Back after a while...

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I heard about the entrance exam/ courses too. Thanks thamiz/Surya. Was just curious

Post Thanks / Like
    Why would u compare a school like Harvard to begin with?
    Back after a while...

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast