View Poll Results: Is this healthier for the Indian Economy?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 33.33%
  • No

2 33.33%
  • Not Sure

2 33.33%

Thread: Indian Students Studying Overseas ... why ?

Threaded View

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Surya,
    That reason could possibly be attributed to kids whose parents too stay abroad. I don't think that's true in the case of kids whose parents are in India (I think the thread talks primarily about them) who play a big role in the choice of where their children will have edu.

One of the main reasons is the kind of facilities that an average school abroad offers v/s what an average school in India can provide (I don't know about present but till 2003, they were horrible).

When we think of Indian schools, we shouldn't consider IIT/NIT kind of colleges which are too few considering the millions of students who try to study. They do have great facilities / faculty etc but they are available only to the brightest students or who can get the seats allocated.

What will an average student do, with parents who can spend money for edu abroad but cannot get a seat in IIT/NIT? They decide to go abroad to get the BEST FACILITIES / FACULTY!

(My son is "graduating" in a month's time and he had done home design / car design / 3D modelling / ROV design etc in his 12th grade with complete access to the latest autocad and many other grafix tools, full-fledged facilities - all in a very ordinary, humble school district in the metro Detroit area. I've been to his school many times and each time wonder how even REC Trichy didn't have this kind of facilities in 80's, and I've been to a number of private engg colleges in TN as late as 2003 and found the facilities nothing compared to a middle school here!)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement