View Poll Results: Is this healthier for the Indian Economy?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 33.33%
  • No

2 33.33%
  • Not Sure

2 33.33%
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Indian Students Studying Overseas ... why ?

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Indian Students Studying Overseas ... why ?

Indian Student Studying Overseas ... why ?

I have always 'wondered' why there are millions of students going abroad to finish their higher education (university education) when the academic structure of Indian Education system is far superior to that of UK, USA, and Australia

Is it lack of facilities / resources?

India is second largest ‘emerging’ economical super power in Asia after China? Yet students are leaving abroad for further studies leading them to a better future that is employment in ‘developed countries’. Which leaves India ‘short’ of professionals?

Is this healthier for the Indian Economy?
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Surya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Reason #1: After they finish their higher education in that country, it's easier to settle there, since they can get a job right out of College in that country. (atleast that's how it is in USA.)

Reason #2: Freedom to do what you want. For example: you have be in a Live-In Relationship while in College and not care abt what anyone thinks, that is, IF any1 thinks in a disapproving way. That's not possible in India.
    Back after a while...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Surya
    Reason #1: After they finish their higher education in that country, it's easier to settle there, since they can get a job right out of College in that country. (atleast that's how it is in USA.)

Reason #2: Freedom to do what you want. For example: you have be in a Live-In Relationship while in College and not care abt what anyone thinks, that is, IF any1 thinks in a disapproving way. That's not possible in India.
    I agree with both reason, but reason #1 is not always 'Guaranteed', in UK the government has bought in legislation to give priority to 'home' students (UK nationals) over foreign students regarding employment

Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Post Thanks / Like
    Most of students are allowed to work only 20 hrs a week, they have to pay tuition fees, rent, bills and send money home, or re pay the loan they took to go abroad, is it really worth it, to go through all of this just for a certificate ?

And most students here come on a 'student visa’, work illegally and once the immigration finds out, these students are then deported back to their country of origin, at the expenses of the UK tax payers!

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah, but an overwhelming number of students who finish stdying in America do fine a job, and eventually settle there. It's not 100%, but it happens mostly.

I guess that makes all the side jobs worth it, once they finish, i've seen many being happy and relieved.
    Back after a while...

Post Thanks / Like
    And most students here come on a 'student visa’, work illegally and once the immigration finds out, these students are then deported back to their country of origin, at the expenses of the UK tax payers!
    Wow....America isn't that radical...I don't think ppl get Hunted Down for Deportation. But the UK has had its share of terror attacks I think it's good for the country to track down that way on illegals, but many innocents get the bad end too.
    Back after a while...

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think ppl get Hunted Down for Deportation. But the UK has had its share of terror attacks I think it's good for the country to track down that way on illegal, but many innocents get the bad end too.
    They have specially trained UK border force and immigration units, which cracks down on illegal immigrants who come here on student visa and work illegally , these forces mainly target 'Indian take aways / restaurants', 'kebab shops'. Chinese take away' and hand car wash centres..

These are the companies which employ illegally working students, and the fine for the company which employs illegal worker is a staggering £10,000 per worker

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can't be serious

Senior Member Diamond Hubber kid-glove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd
    You can't be serious
    At least in case of couple of my friends, it's a potent reason..
    ...an artist without an art.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've seen many people choose certain colleges for Higher Studies, and the Social Environment of a college is definatly one of the things that anyone would look for. Even if the college is abroad. Like Kid-Glove I know a few people who've done that too. There's not anything in it to laugh about.... Lot's of people have different views on "How to enjoy College Life"

To Everyman His Own. And the whole Live-In Relationship is just an example....There are many other similar reasons.

This one guy I knew went to Florida to study, and the deciding factor between the Florida School, and the ones he got into in California was that Florida School was far away from home.
    Back after a while...

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast