But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"
    -Robert Frost

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Read somewhere that Richard dawkings wants an arrest of the Pope when he travels to Britain this year.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    there you go!

http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/wor...ict.arrest.cnn

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...cution-dawkins

http://newsweek.washingtonpost.com/o...fect_pope.html

what is coming out appears to be just the tip of the iceberg! the abuses have been going on for decades with systematic coverup by the heirarchy to protect the larger interests of the church!
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    -Robert Frost

Post Thanks / Like
    some interesting comments from readers sections of these articles!:

"You are saying the Church have/had bishops who needed guidelines to work out that the thing to do when they found a priest interfering with a child was not just to transfer the priest to another post or parish? And such Bishops had/have the insolence to offer moral guidance to the laity?"

"No, the key action a bishop or anyone else who has knowledge of criminal activity has to take is report to the police. Knowledge but failure to report is collusion. The current Pope appears to have had knowledge of many of these incidents but did not report them to the police. He has colluded and conspired to protect active paedophile priests and, furthermore, as current Pope, the buck stops with him. Suspension and defrocking are not sufficient responses and, in isolation, do nothing to protect the church employees from criminal charges. He should be arrested and, even if he isn't charged, should cooperate with the police by handing over any records that might indicate criminal activity."

"But then Dawkins is not saying you should believe him. He is saying that there should be a trial. As the supporters of airport scanners and DNA databases always say on these pages - if the Pope has nothing to hide, he has nothing to fear. I am amazed that the Catholic church has bishops who are probably (to borrow a phrase from Andrew Brown) more theologically subtle than Richard Dawkins but need guidelines to be told that buggering babies is evil."

"Weird that when Ratzinger was the 'Pope's Bulldog', he was so quick to discipline or excommunicate any Bishop or Priest around the world who showed resistance to the official Vatican line on issues like contraception, but when it came to kiddie-fiddlers, he remained silent until his turn in the procedural ladder came along? Just shows where the priorities lie."
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    -Robert Frost

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    This has become 'regular' thing amongst the Roman Catholic Priests, esp. in UK, such perverts should be blown to bits or burnt alive.

things

There is no need for court, case and wasting public funds, and such punishment would stop further catholic priests (beasts) to carry such animal behaviour, sorry animals are better than these
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Diamond Hubber joe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    மதம் என்பது அது ஏற்படுத்தப்பட்ட நோக்கத்திலிருந்து விலகி மதம் என்ற நிறுவனத்தை காப்பதே நோக்கம் என்றாகும் போது இத்தகைய பரிதாப நிலை தான் ஏற்படும்.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joe
    மதம் என்பது அது ஏற்படுத்தப்பட்ட நோக்கத்திலிருந்து விலகி மதம் என்ற நிறுவனத்தை காப்பதே நோக்கம் என்றாகும் போது இத்தகைய பரிதாப நிலை தான் ஏற்படும்.
    Joe anNe

neenga enna solla vareenga, puriyala

etho intha samiyar porvaiyila seiyum intha narahathaik antha kadavul porukamaataru,

India la our samiyars take parts in women scandals

Western world la child sex abuse by catholic priests , I get all mad. when children, are treated like this, i become so angry, i don't know what i would do
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Post Thanks / Like
    well - given that the vatican sits on top of a HUGE pile of money, most of which looted from the third world, through centuries of colonialisation, this issue will most likely bite the dust!

remember MONEY is everything - http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100405...onchildabuseus

if they can afford to spend $3 billion (!!) as compensation, and still NOT go broke, you can imagine how much wealth they must be having !

the vatican will issue statements, ppl like Dawkins and co will make noise, there will be denials, more coverups, more press coverage, and eventually, the fact that religion can blind the collective conscience of people will be more than enough for this issue to become part of history

and the abuse will no doubt continue - however, their evangelical activities in educated parts of the world, will take a heavy beating, as ppl's perspective of the entire institution is changing rapidly, especially last few months

'faith' can often be a mind virus - for which there is no vaccine! in America, for instance, many of my right-wing conservatives, were first in denial abt this whole issue - but with reports getting out rapidly and few of the original letters (written by the present pope and other bishops - clearly showing a major coverup) got leaked to the press - it became a political issue! coz, the right wing here wants the vote bank intact, for which religion is a major tool - but after this crisis, the right wing here in an attempt to save its own ground, is trying to distance itself from the catholic church! its all now "you know they are not us, we are protestant reformist groups" - so its all abt jumping the bandwagon as it suits ones purpose!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by irir123
    well - given that the vatican sits on top of a HUGE pile of money, most of which looted from the third world, through centuries of colonialisation, this issue will most likely bite the dust!
    Isn't that what they have been doing for the last 300- 400 years, esp in indian sub continent?

Senior Member Diamond Hubber joe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PARAMASHIVAN
    Quote Originally Posted by irir123
    Isn't that what they have been doing for the last 300- 400 years, esp in indian sub continent?
    Paramasivan,
    As usual ,sampantham illama ethayavathu pesuRathu

what is the connection between East Indian Company and Vatican ?

East indian company english are catholics ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast