View Poll Results: Will Mumbai Indians Lift the IPL 2010?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definitely

9 39.13%
  • No Way

14 60.87%
Page 1 of 127 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: GOD of Cricket -Sachin Tendulkar's Mumbai Indians -Edition 2

Moderator Diamond Hubber Thirumaran's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

GOD of Cricket -Sachin Tendulkar's Mumbai Indians -Edition 2

As Expected by Billion People of India and 123147 registered users of hub, Mumbai indians Team Lead by the Only GOD of Cricket is the first Team to reach Semis of 2010 Edition IPL.

No Wonder Sachin Tendulkar itself is the Leading run scorer

[html:c6656f49b2]

[/html:c6656f49b2]

For more information
    http://www.mumbaiindians.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mumbai_Indians

For Team details Check..

http://www.cricinfo.com/ipl-mumbai/c...ad/448339.html

Remaining matches for Mumbai indians..

Tue Apr 13
    10:30 GMT | 16:00 local
    16:00 IST
    Mumbai Indians v Delhi Daredevils
    Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai

Sat Apr 17
    10:30 GMT | 16:00 local
    16:00 IST
    Royal Challengers Bangalore v Mumbai Indians
    M Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore

Mon Apr 19
    14:30 GMT | 20:00 local
    20:00 IST
    Kolkata Knight Riders v Mumbai Indians
    Eden Gardens, Kolkata

A Semi Final

And a Possible Final

Previous Edition here :P

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=12931

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Moderator Diamond Hubber Thirumaran's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any Changes or Suggestion welcome :P

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber BM's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sachin

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sachin.......... The Lord!
    யுவன் இசை ராஜா...

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    ennappA pOna thread-ai 99-la runout paNNittInga; tamizh cinema sentiment padi romba uruthudhuppA.
    TM, unlock it so that mangaLagaramA 100-la vara vazhachittu lock paNNikkalAm

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum
    ennappA pOna thread-ai 99-la runout paNNittInga; tamizh cinema sentiment padi romba uruthudhuppA.
    No. Namakku century mukkiyamE illai-nu kaamikka idhu oru vaaippu.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Moderator Diamond Hubber littlemaster1982's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The man, and the magic

For a long time now, I’ve steered well clear of the temptation — and fresh temptations arise every single time he walks onto a cricket field — to write about Sachin Tendulkar.

It is – and there is no shame in admitting it – a cop out; it stems from the realization that the ability to string words together to convey a sense of wonder has its limitations.

You can do it once, twice, even a dozen times. But this one man forces you to find new words, new thoughts, to reinvent language – and he has been doing that for over two decades now. I don’t know how Harsha Bhogle, Rohit Brijnath, Sambit and some of the other top cricket writers cope with this challenge. Speaking for myself, I prefer to bail, to use “It’s all been said before” as an excuse to avoid confronting the limitations of the written word.

And then he goes out there and does something you cannot but take notice of – like in the game yesterday against the Rajasthan Royals.

It is not that he paced his innings to perfection [his 50 came off 45 balls, the next 14 balls produced 39 runs). Or that he has emerged as the highest scorer in this edition of the IPL. Or that he has accumulated all those runs without ever needing to play an unaesthetic stroke, to go airborne (with the two sixes he hit in the final over of his innings yesterday, he now has three for a tournament where the current tally is over 500) .

What rocked me back in my seat yesterday was the two braces he ran off Sidharth Trivedi’s final over. On both occasions, there was only a single to be had as his drives off the front foot raced to the fielder in the deep; on both he was so hungry for the strike, so keen to maximize every single ball that remained, that he turned and ran the second even as the throw was airborne; on both occasions the throw was straight and hard to the keeper -- and yet, he easily beat the throw both times.

How does he do this? Where does this seemingly inexhaustible well of energy, this relentless drive, come from?

And – this for me is the really scary thought – just how much has he still got left in the tank?

His longevity has been admired almost as much as his playing record. On his blog feed, Anaggh [Twitter] recently had this post:

When Sachin Tendulkar traveled to Pakistan to face one of the finest bowling attacks ever assembled in cricket…

#Michael Schumacher was yet to race an F1 car

#Lance Armstrong had never been to the Tour de France

#Diego Maradona was still the Captain of a World Champion Argentina team

#Pete Sampras had never won a Grand Slam

When Tendulkar embarked on a glorious career taming Imran and company…

#Roger Federer was a name unheard of

#Lionel Messi was in his nappies

#Usain Bolt was an unknown kid in the Jamaican backwaters

#The Berlin Wall was still intact

#USSR was one big, big country

#Dr Manmohan Singh was yet to open up the Nehruvian economy.
    At a more personal level, Sachin made his international debut November 15, 1989. Two weeks later, I got my first regular job as a journalist.

I love what I do, just as much as I did December 1, 1989 when I first took my assigned place in a newsroom, thrilling to the knowledge that I was now a ‘byline’ and more importantly, that I would henceforth be paid to do what I loved doing anyway – to wit, play with words.

That love, that thrill remains undimmed. But as the years go by, it is increasingly difficult to keep the motivational levels up through the day, through the working weeks and months and years. With each successive year, it becomes harder to summon up the same energy; to, if you will, take those short singles at work and to convert those ones into twos.

So how in hell does this man do it? How, after all these years, does he not only maintain the phenomenally high standard he set at the start, but constantly raise the bar even further? And how in hell does he convey the impression that his enjoyment has only increased with time?

Great article

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by P_R
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum
    No. Namakku century mukkiyamE illai-nu kaamikka idhu oru vaaippu.
    sachin thrdukku century mukkyam illiya????
    Say My Name

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Preview: Conflicting fortunes

Mumbai: Following three difficult games on the road, the Mumbai Indians return to the Brabourne Stadium for their last home game of IPL Season-3 against Delhi Daredevils on Tuesday afternoon. The tickets for the game have been sold out two weeks in advance, as ‘The Mumbai Paltan’ prepares itself for a last peak at the MI superstars in their home stadium.

Delhi Daredevils come into the contest having capitulated to the Kings XI Punjab on Sunday, knowing that a loss here could put them out of reckoning for a semi-final berth. Mumbai have the luxury of striking a balance between experimenting and retaining their momentum in a high-voltage clash.

Sachin Tendulkar comes into the game with 512 runs from 11 matches, with an average of over fifty and a strike rate of a shade under 140. His dream run includes five match-winning fifties, and the maestro would be keen to score at one or two more outings before heading to Bangalore for the semi-final.

Mumbai, who have won five of the six games at the Brabourne so far, realise that Daredevils could emerge as a potential opponent in either the semi-final or final. Hence, expect Tendulkar’s rampant outfit to continue with a winning combination, barring the leeway of a few experiments. Their two frontline pacers – Lasith Malinga and Zaheer Khan – are most likely to be rested at some stage.

Head-to-Head

Delhi Daredevils are currently leading 3-2 in this rivalry. Mumbai handed Delhi a heavy defeat earlier in the tournament at the Feroz Shah Kotla, thanks to brisk half-centuries from openers Sachin Tendulkar and Shikhar Dhawan. Delhi faltered to 120 all out while chasing a daunting target of 219.

Delhi is the only team besides Chennai Super Kings to have qualified for the semi-finals in the previous two editions, but could be on their way out of the tournament if they put a wrong foot on Tuesday.

Last hurrah for the Brabourne Stadium...

The venue has seen Mumbai chase down three totals in excess of 155, and scale the 180-run mark on more than a few occasions. Most importantly, Mumbai have suffered just the solitary blemish in the six games here thus far. The crowds here have been rated as one of the best in the country, and would look forward to chanting “Maalingaaa... Maaalinga...” for one last time this season.

The only day game here saw Mumbai amass a massive 212-6, and Rajasthan making a fist of the chase, falling short by just four runs. The moisture on the surface should be significantly less during Tuesday’s game and would make for friendlier batting conditions. Expect a run-feast.

Injury Update

Ashish Nehra’s return from injury augers well for Delhi Daredevils, while Mumbai are still waiting for a fully fit all-rounder Abhishek Nayar who is yet to feature in a game this season.

In some positive news for Delhi, Dirk Nannes could be fast tracked into the playing XI on Tuesday.

Key Players

Virender Sehwag is Delhi’s leading run-getter with 324 runs at a strike rate of 170. His performance at the top of the order is all the more crucial as it is a day game and Delhi’s quality spin bowling duo of Amit Mishra and Daniel Vettori are unlikely to be as effective.

Sanath Jayasuriya returned to Mumbai’s top-order after missing nine matches on the trot. Mumbai’s batting came under the hammer during their losses to Chennai and Punjab last week, and that is the primary reason for the return of the ‘Matara Mauler’. He brings in a wealth of experience with his batting. Besides, it would be suicidal for any opposition to underestimate his bowling credentials.

Team Update

The stories of Mumbai Indians’ over-dependence on Tendulkar ended on Sunday, as JP Duminy and Kieron Pollard added 50-plus partnerships with their skipper to bring stability to the middle-order. Also, the trio of Saurabh Tiwary, Shikhar Dhawan and Ambati Rayudu has been consistently performing all through the season. MI would be hoping for all their batsmen to fire on all cylinders. The verdict: there would be experiments made to the XI but do not expect any wholesome changes.

Delhi Daredevils are likely to stick with Warner-Collingwood-Vettori-Maharoof as their international quartet. Nannes could force his way in place of Maharoof, if the left-armer is declared fit on match day.

Mumbai Indians: Sachin Tendulkar (capt), Lasith Malinga, Kieron Pollard, Ambati Rayudu, Chandan Madan, Syed Sahabuddin, Dhawal Kulkarni, Shikhar Dhawan, Graham Napier, Dilhara Fernando, Dwayne Bravo, Zaheer Khan, Ali Murtaza, Saurabh Tiwary, R Sathish, Aditya Tare, Ishan Malhotra, Rahul Shukla, Abhishek Nayar, JP Duminy, Sanath Jayasuriya, Harbhajan Singh.

Delhi Daredevils: Gautam Gambhir (capt), AB de Villiers, Umesh Yadav, Kedar Jadhav, Wayne Parnell, Shashi Ranjan, Ashish Nehra, Mithun Manhas, Andrew McDonald, Farveez Maharoof, Virender Sehwag, Dinesh Karthik, Joginder Singh, Pradeep Sangwan, Amit Mishra, Moises Henriques, Sarandeep Singh, Sarabjit Ladda, Aavishkar Salvi, David Warner, Dirk Nannes, Tillakaratne Dilshan, Rajat Bhatia.

http://www.mumbaiindians.com/NewsDet...%2fWsweDpcY%3d

Page 1 of 127 1231151101 ... LastLast