Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Extraordinary Tamil, other India film songs & World Musi

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    The 'madhuram' song of 'Prajapathi' is quite nice. It is the usual fusion experiment but the overall arrangement is very good. As natha says, very precise. The 'kambhoji' based pallavi is very nice as well. Chitra, as usual, does a lovely job. The ragam changes during the interludes and the charanam.

Overall, lovely selection natha. Do keep it up.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Suresh, thank you for your comments, just noticed. I am looking for the extraordinary diamonds among the millions of gold song bullions. Did visit the website, very good one!

Post Thanks / Like
    Everything about this song is extraordinary. MSV composition, the flute intro unparalleled (and as immaculate as V Kumar's flute second interlude passage in a song Inangalile Enna Inam Penn Inam)

a most beautiful picturisation of Neelagiri hills, the one and only Prem Nazeer's incomparable presence elevating the superbly captured Nilgiri scenery, direction of Sethumadhavan of that movie, screenplay and story (must watch film) and Jayachandran with one of the top 3 songs, I would say.

- Suprabatham Neelagiriyude from Pani Theeratha Veedu (Mal 1970s)

also, for scenery, picturisation, graceful dance choreography, acting talent and extraordinary first interlude and perhaps a perfect pallavi from IR - Manchu Kurise Vellalo from Abhinandana (Telugu 1980s)

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not sure the audience for this topic is discovering a perspective the topic is wanting you to have. A type of awareness of the musical depth films in India brought out, plus people stuck in a mire of the same music that they cannot get out of, here is a topic that will show them the way out to the diamonds difficult to distinguish in the sands, and also open the minds of music lovers to very different idioms in India itself.

Going back to the classical, two timeless Tamil compositions, classics and two songs still standing by themselves, not another most special and supreme like these two:

Eriyile Kashmir Roja -

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/album.ph...D=ALBOLD000567

KJY and PS - MB Sreenivasan, a Tamilian whose fame was in Mallu films and AIR.

Kanchi Pattuduthi - http://www.dhool.com/sotd2/603.html

KJY and Savithir by MSV, the emotions we can get in this song is like the delight watchng the Rainbow

I am looking for new songs that are masterpieces, will take time, until then hope I contributed to the learning and also am accepted in the league of enlightened musicologists :---)

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Natha,

Thanks for 'Eriyile Kashmir Roja'. It is funny reading the credits for this song in Thiraipaadal. Against Music it says 'Old' M B Srinivasan has tuned it as a ragamalikai. It starts off very similar to 'thanga radham vandhadhu' The Abhogi / Malayamarutham feeling and gets to Saranga when Susheela starts. BTW, I heard S Janaki talk about one of her early hit songs being tuned by M B Srinivasan (duet with PBS I think.) Do you know which song is this? Any links will be appreciated.

'Kanchi Pattuduthi' got lot of air time when it was released. The song that comes to everyone's mind when discussing 'Kalyanavasantham' raga.

Well, I am not certain if there is any standard body which qualifies the 'league of enlightened musicologist' Given what you have been doing in this thread, I readily induce you into the hall of fame Good work done and please do keep posting more gems.

Post Thanks / Like
    THANKS, Suresh!

See you all later.

Post Thanks / Like
    Two super thrilling songs:

Poo Medaiyo VSN

http://devaragam.com/vbscript/MusicNew.aspx?MovieId=377 Neelambari Puthu Bhairavi by Raghu Kumar

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureshs65
    Natha,

Thanks for 'Eriyile Kashmir Roja'. It is funny reading the credits for this song in Thiraipaadal. Against Music it says 'Old' M B Srinivasan has tuned it as a ragamalikai. It starts off very similar to 'thanga radham vandhadhu' The Abhogi / Malayamarutham feeling and gets to Saranga when Susheela starts. BTW, I heard S Janaki talk about one of her early hit songs being tuned by M B Srinivasan (duet with PBS I think.) Do you know which song is this? Any links will be appreciated.

'Kanchi Pattuduthi' got lot of air time when it was released. The song that comes to everyone's mind when discussing 'Kalyanavasantham' raga.
    hi Suresh, I feel "eriyile oru kashmir roja" is a good "hamirkalyani". Lovely melody with honey soaked voice by Susheela and KJY. When MDs have singers like them in their prime form, they can rest assured that their effort would never go invain

Post Thanks / Like
    The anupallavi part resembles Hamirkalyani !

Post Thanks / Like
    The previous 2 songs are worth listening over and over to find the depth, perfection and the moods the songs bring out. Like those 2 i have couple here that might be just another numbers, but you will be hooked and beyond,

Dil Ki Baatein i Believe music by LP from Roop Tere Mastana superb song sequence, another dimension mood and superb superb melody!!!!

Without a doubt total inspiration for IR for another magical number in a Kannada movie - Ee Daaha Ee Mouna ( not as touching a chord as the Dil Ki Baatein song, but really a wonderful decision by IR to be inspired by this Hindi number, just for you to know what I mean - here is the Kannada song in Shikari movie

http://www.raaga.com/channels/kannad...p?mid=K0000623 (Ee Daaha) )

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast