Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Extraordinary Tamil, other India film songs & World Musi

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Scale's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Natha,

You truly have a diverse taste and a great collection. Thanks for Edalolaya, I would never have heard all these gems. Outstanding, Brilliant! I liked JS both K's thats' because of BS (the director) the stanza exploration I believe is oriented more towards script and on situational pov.

Keep them coming.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Scale's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ranjit Barot's VIP is one bold, bold out of the box compositions. has thrown some brilliant, vibrating, artistic world sounds but still the feel, melody, fusion, use of ethnic instruments is youthful & mind-bending! Few years back I have heard a song in a hotel lobby a song like which Ranjit barot had sampled it, not a copy though. Does anyone know that band/song? Ist & IInd Interlude - Flute

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    short version

Shadajne in Tansen - Ravindra Jain

http://www.esnips.com/doc/2db1d12d-2...nreleased-Song

complete song

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Natha1729:

Thank you for posting this amazing composition by Ravindra Jain, sung fabulously by K.J. Yesudas. I was under the impression that the original recording of "shadajnE...", like the movie TANSEN, was never released. There were a few on-line versions of KJY singing the song during his stage shows. Needless to say, the recording quality of a stage show would be very poor when compared to the original studio recording. As described by KJY, the whole process of recording the original version was very painstaking and took several days. Will you please clarify whether the version that you have posted is one of the stage show versions or the original?
    Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Considering the accompaniments in the version that you have posted are all typical Carnatic instruments (Mridangam, Ghatam, Violin), it appears to be from a concert and not from the OST of the film. A fabulous composition indeed and only the likes of Yesudas can do justice. I look forward to hearing the original film version.

Last I heard, Rajshri are planning to commence shooting of the film, which is great. The bad news is that the director they have roped in is none other than the copy-cat Satish Kaushik (I wonder what credentials he has to make a movie on such subjects)!!! I hope they at least have the sensibility to retain Ravindra Jain's original music score and not go and get a new score done by the likes of Anu Malik! (yikes!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Finally found the next Ilaiyaraja (for orchestration, style) + impeccable precision and fantastic rhythm is TEJ MANOJ - BUT one time wonder though.

http://devaragam.com/vbscript/MusicNew.aspx?MovieId=317 pRAJAPATHI song is mADHURAM (1)

possibly MSV, Ilaiyaraja, Rahman and others combined in style and content, but not at all prolific SHARATH - carnatic genius

http://devaragam.com/vbscript/MusicN...x?MovieId=1556

Ente Sindhoorekhayil (1) can be called very very extraordinary and unique composition

http://devaragam.com/vbscript/MusicNew.aspx?MovieId=542

Koodozhinju Kudiyeri Varunnu... [Chithra], [S Ramesan Nair], [Sarath] -Film:Sparsam.

http://devaragam.com/vbscript/MusicNew.aspx?MovieId=220

Diva Swapnam... [Unnikrishnan], [S Ramesan Nair], [Sarath] -Filmevadasi. like Jain's SHADAJNE

A genius of a song from the relatively low profile VIDHYASAGAR, he has some superb songs in Malayalam, in Tamil I did find some great ones, but not extraordinary

http://devaragam.com/vbscript/MusicNew.aspx?MovieId=55

Sumangali Kuruvi... [Yesudas], [Kaithapram], [Vidya Sagar] -Film:Azhakiya Ravanan. Stanza is one of the finest i have heard, however interlude inspired from strauss's waltz music

Post Thanks / Like
    One of the most brilliant song choreography and screenplay in a very very funny film, Kishen Kannaiyya 1989 with 5, all of them amazing songs. Like to say it is as brilliantly written and made as Kalyanraman and Apoorva Sagotharargal. You can see this song start seems like Ilayaraja's inspiration for Mastana Mastana song. Rajesh Roshan, a rare Bollywood composer who incorporate carnatic sounds.

Suit Boot mey aaya Kannaiya.

can we get to see brilliance like this again.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    natha,

Thanks for the links. Especially the Malayalam ones.

I have been impressed by Sharath's tuning. I loved 'raavil sandhya raagam' and was looking for his other work. (I had bought 'Tirakadha' earlier and his Telugu film) He is definitely an original thinker. Can't pin down his style yet. Do keep posting such unknown gems.

In case you are interested in old songs from various languages, you can check out the series I am running at my blog, http://sureshs65music.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like
    "Koodozhinju Kudiyeri Varunnu" incorporates the raga 'Kathanakuthukalam' very well. Wonderfully composed piece.

Post Thanks / Like
    'Diva Swapnam' is the experimental Sarath at his best. Something he must have inherited from his guru, Dr.Balamuralikrishna. (This is the same as 'Sudha Mantram' isn't it?) The scale keeps shifting in this song and is not an easy song to sing. This was one of the first song of Sarath that I heard and was very impressed.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast