Page 43 of 339 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast

Thread: Sir Sachin Tendulkar 4

Moderator Diamond Hubber littlemaster1982's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very happy that my friend Dilbir had a successful surgery & I could visit him in the hospital in Ahmd n say hello to him. God bless him...

6:31 AM May 19th via UberTwitter

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a forward..

Sub: only way that India can win WC 2011 ..

http://tinypic.com/r/z1rnl/6

No offfense to others though

Post Thanks / Like
    My valuation is in runs, not in rupees: Tendulkar
    26 May 2010, 0725 hrs IST,Preethi Chamikutty,ET Bureau

Mother’s want their children to be like him. Cricketers in maidansand gullisdream of being him. Companies can’t get enough of him. An exclusive with Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar:

What is the valuation of Brand Sachin?

My valuation is in runs, not in rupees.

Two decades ago you began your career and we have seen you evolve as a player. How has brand Sachin Tendulkar evolved in your opinion?

I think I understand cricket a little better. Yes, from the age of 16 to 37 Sachin has grown, but that’s all I can say. The rest I leave to others to talk about. I have had the privilege of promoting various brands and there have been some top brands and it’s been terrific. I’ve enjoyed this side of my career as well. It has taught me different things, other than cricket. I have picked up a few things about advertising too — a little bit. I have enjoyed my association with various brands over the years.

You are the master blaster on the field, have you managed to master marketing too?

It’s honestly not my job to worry about that. I don’t want to spend hours thinking about something that’s not my profession. But before I associate with any brand, for me it is important to understand whether I should be promoting that brand or not. And I am pretty clear about that.

THE WAGON WHEEL

There are certain brands that I wouldn’t be associated with and then there are other brands that you want to be associated with because you have grown up watching their advertisements. At the end of the day, my profession is to play cricket, to score runs and win matches for India. So eventually I think it is about what I do on the field that is important. As my family tells me, “you worry about scoring runs and the rest will happen.” And that’s what I have done so far and I am quite happy about it.

In your opinion what does brand Sachin epitomise for the masses?

I think in the people’s mind Sachin is still all about cricket, signature lines for brands haven’t replaced cricket.

After Sachin Tendulkar — the player has moved away from the game, how would you like brand Sachin to be built?

We will think about that when the time comes. Right now, my worry is how to score more runs. And it’s a good thing to worry about because that will naturally enhance the rest.

How do you select the brand you want to be associated with?

I look for the reputation, the image. There are certain things that I look for and if the brand meets those requirements then I go ahead with it otherwise I don’t . To me it’s not about the endorsement or hefty cheques, it’s beyond that. I think once you have associated with a brand, it’s a relationship, a partnership that both, the brand and myself want to take forward, work on and make sure that people accept us. Acceptance cannot happen forcibly, it has to be by choice. And the only way to make that happen is to have a good partnership, work together and understand where we both want to go.

How involved are you in the process building the brand?

Well, I am definitely not a marketer, I am a cricketer . But my contribution to the brand comes at the time of advertising. For instance, if I feel there’s something that might work, I suggest it. But these are purely suggestions during the making of a commercial nothing more than that.

The bigger responsibility — cricket or brand endorsement?

Without a doubt, I think cricket is a bigger responsibility. The entire nation depends on us — the team. Cricket is a different ball game, and cannot be compared. But if I have made a commitment, whether onfield or off-field in the form of endorsements , I give it my all as far as brand endorsements are concerned — either in terms of number of hours or days or where the brand wants to take me. We have to go hand-in-hand , so that is also important. But if you ask me what is more important, it is cricket. Because all that I am and all that I have is because I am a cricketer.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow
    /5975335.cms?prtpage=1

Post Thanks / Like
    BE Exclusive: Last leg of Brand Sachin could be the best yet

26 May 2010, 0716 hrs IST,Preethi Chamikutty,ET Bureau

After a gruelling full day shoot at Famous Studios in Mumbai we met Sachin Tendulkar in his vanity van. Looking fresh despite the grind, he apologises for his fisted handshake (due to his right hand webbing injury) before we settle down for a chat with the man. Fulfilling commitments despite the tight schedule and injuries perhaps epitomises Tendulkar both as a player as well as a brand. Nursing an injury that became a top talking point beating all buzz around even the IPL final, Tendulkar took to the grounds with the help of pain killers. But no pill could numb the pain of watching his team lose the match and eventually the title.

However, in his two decades on the field Tendulkar has seen it all. Every time naysayers raised the dreaded finger to declare ‘out’ , the man’s bounced back with intensity and passion. And twenty years is certainly a long time for a cricketer and a brand. Many names have been added as the next big cricketing wonder but their career trajectories have been short. Sachin Tendulkar, the player and brand, to borrow a famous line from Energiser batteries, has gone on and on. With World Cup 2011, the man may well be playing the last big tournament of his cricketing life. Yet, the period leading up to the event could see brand Tendulkar break even more records.

The proof of the pudding is not only the 30,000 runs he has amassed in both the versions of the game or the record breaking double ton in its limited format. It is Tendulkar’s performance in the shortest form of the game that reflects his resilience to remain focused and let the bat do the talking. In IPL 2010, Tendulkar emerged as the highest run-getter accumulating 327 at an average of 109, thus putting to rest the debate on whether T20 is only for players in their 20s. Beginning in 1989, Tendulkar’s journey mirrors the evolution of the game and India in general over the last two decades. “Sachin created for India and for Indians a larger sense of being able to dominate the world in some way. It was a new experience for us,” says Santosh Desai, MD & CEO, Future Brands.

If consistency is the second name for the man on the field, off the field he remains a favourite with brands. Sure, brand Tendulkar’s share of voice trails behind brand Dhoni and so does the list endorsements. But after two decades in the fray, brand Tendulkar is more about quality than quantity; more about premium than volume. Ask the man on his thoughts on brand Tendulkar’s valuation and he says; “my valuation is in runs, not in rupees,” (Read: Thus Spake The Master). Harish Krishnamachar , head of Iconix, the agency that signed Tendulkar in 2006 says brands that have tied up with him have done so because of the stature he has acquired over time. “And some clients have renewed their contracts,” he adds.

HIT&

RUNThe associations, he says, do not hinge on a single match, tournament or score, but a journey over a period of time. So if Boost used Sachin at 16 as a player, today his association with the brand is to project him as a mentor. Even Adidas beginning with plain vanilla endorsement has moved to creating private labels with Sachin. And the evolution of his brand associations reflects the role that Sachin is expected to play on the field — a seasoned player and a mentor to the rest of the team.

While there isn’t a figure one can attribute to brand Tendulkar’s valuation, from 1995, when WorldTel signed Tendulkar for Rs 300 million for a 5-year period, the figure reached Rs 1.8 billion in 2006 with Iconix. And given that Tendulkar has indicated he will be around for the next World cup, observers say the valuation during the last phase of the man’s career could go through the roof. “Tendulkar is the only Indian icon who transcends into one of the biggest global brands of all time and one who has been able to translate his personal iconic touch into launching, building and sustaining brands in the consumer mindspace,” says Vinit Karnik, national director, Group M ESP. Anirban Das Blah, MD, Kwan thinks that Tendulkar associates with brands that are willing to pay the price, “He will not associate with a negative brand and chooses to associate with niche and premium products,” he says. Prahlad Kakar of Genesis Films who has worked with Tendulkar since his Pepsi days says, “earlier he was not particular about brands, but since WorldTel took over his management, they have chosen only big and prestigious brands for him. We shot him for a film on Ujala Blue and I think he accepted the campaign because it spoke about being truthful. So now I think he is taking very calculated decisions based on vision and inspiration rather than only whether it’s a multinational brand or not,” says Kakar.

Tendulkar as a brand has also undergone a change. Kakar of Genesis says, “At 16 he was extremely shy and a horrible actor. But as the years went by, his confidence not only on field but also off-field kept increasing. Today he has become consummately a good actor,” he says. Most brands managers we spoke to swear by his professionalism to the job, “Sachin is a very sharp individual. He understands the intent and purpose of communication rather than just the content. In any of our briefs, he value adds enormously,” says Alok Bharadwaj , senior VP of Canon. Kakar shares an anecdote. When the ‘Sachin Aala Re’ film was shot Tendulkar had used a fly squatter in the film to hit a ball. But after the film was shot, Tendulkar wanted to replace the fly squatter with at least a wicket, “He said the fly squatter makes me look bigger than the game and I shall never be bigger than the game. He understands his position and his place in history,” says Kakar.

The phenomenon called brand Tendulkar has not been built on attributes like astute business sense, understanding the customer, etc but on simplicity , honesty, performance and humility . Besides the brand fit, Rakesh Malhotra, founder & CEO, Luminous Power Technologies says, “Sachin is real. He is popular in India across all age groups and his popularity transcends the boundaries of religion , caste and regions. In ad terms, he has the performance connect plus the personality connect.” V L Rajesh , head of marketing , ITC Foods adds; “Sachin is a once in a lifetime figure, and at the top of the pile, but even then his humility epitomises excellence. He wears his greatness very lightly and is a wholesome personality in every sense. This fits very well with our portfolio of brands that he endorses,” he says. Peter Philips, head of group sponsorships – APac, RBS adds that the association allows flexibility to use Sachin according to the business requirements on the ground. “He works across many different marketing requirements,” he says.

Despite the lean patches, brand marketers and observers say Tendulkar has been able to overcome the hurdles not merely by resting on his laurels, but by sheer performance. The last 24 months, many say, is the booster Tendulkar needed to the World Cup next year. Blah of Kwan thinks that if Tendulkar had hung up his boots three years ago then things would have probably been a little different. “What has happened

over the last two or three years is the redemption of Sachin — whether it was the IPL this year or the form he has shown for the last two-three years. The last two years has seen the redemption and gratification of Sachin in a way that his normal career would not have had. And that puts him on a pedestal that no one can compare to.”

Indeed an example of the Godlike following was demonstrated when Tendulkar joined Twitter, where he broke all records. But breaking records or achieving another milestone no longer makes brand Tendulkar. It’s the ability to consistently deliver despite the pressures, both physical and emotional that makes him a darling of the masses and of course, the brands too.

Rs. 300 mn

WorldTel signed a record five year deal with Tendulkar

Rs. 800 mn

The deal was renewed by WorldTel for another five years for Rs 800 mn

Rs. 1.8 bn

ICONIX signed the deal for a whopping Rs 1.8 bn for a five year sports management contract SOURCE: GROUP M ESP

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/....cms?prtpage=1

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuvi
    Just a forward..

nice one though..... practically speaking....we wouldn't go to the quaterfinal leg itself.... (No Offense meant to anyone including our Sir Sachin Tendulkar)....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by leosimha
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuvi
    Just a forward..

nice one though..... practically speaking....we wouldn't go to the quaterfinal leg itself.... (No Offense meant to anyone including our Sir Sachin Tendulkar)....
    I think this WC is India's best chance for lifting the cup...remember the fact that the WC is in India...and we are currently the no. 2 side in ODI's.....
    Ilayathalapathy Vijay Is The Best

Post Thanks / Like

Sachin Tendulkar Best Skills Emotion Compilation part2 HD HQ

As i expected the uploader has used "Ludovico Einaudi's - Primavera" track for this video. The first part is this one

Post Thanks / Like
    Sachin tweets for charity, India responds with 1.25 crore

The News Heading

News followed in the next post.

Post Thanks / Like
    Press Trust of India
    27 May 2010 (Mumbai)

Read more at: http://cricket.ndtv.com/storypage.as...20100142327&cp

A simple message from Sachin Tendulkar on his twitter page is enough to raise Rs 1.25 crore in two weeks and the beneficiaries would be the children of the veteran batsman's project "Sachin's Crusade against Cancer in Children".

"Sachin just tweeted once two weeks ago and overnight lakhs came in donations. Over Rs 125 lakhs have been collected," Dr P Jagannath of the "Crusade against Cancer Foundation" said at a press conference here on Thursday.

"This is an astounding figure and is probably the highest that has been collected by a single celebrity in India for a single fund raising event," Dr Jagannath said, adding he had approached Tendulkar through his wife Anjali for the cause.

"I approached Dr Anjali Tendulkar who is a paediatrician and known to me through some friends. She convinced Sachin for this cause," he said.

"In the last one week itself over Rs 30-40 lakhs have been collected for the project which reaches those in the low income group in India. An expert panel will access the medical and financial needs and offer better treatment as well as the dosages," he said.

The project is close to the champion batsman's heart and Tendulkar issued a statement terming it "as the most satisfying contribution" in his life.

"Every child is precious and bringing the smile back to the child and lighting a new life is the most satisfying thing one can dream of," Tendulkar said about his project.

"I'm grateful to all the donors in every part of the country who rallied behind me in my effort to save the lives of children afflicted with cancer. This is the most satisfying contribution in my life," the batting great said.

Dr Jagannath said that what was most interesting among the contributions were those who donated Rs 100 and 200.

"Corporate India has responded well (to Tendulkar's appeal). What is heartening is we have received donations for as little as Rs 100 and 200. This shows there are people who feel for the cause and have contributed whatever they could," he said.

"I'm surprised why other celebrities have not used this medium (Twitter) to raise funds (for charity)," he added.

Dr Jagannath said Tendulkar and his wife Anjali were also scheduled to take part in a fund raising dinner tonight.

Read more at: http://cricket.ndtv.com/storypage.as...20100142327&cp