Page 2 of 339 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Sir Sachin Tendulkar 4

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Sourav's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajithfederer
    Where is bilady drunken monk hubber sourav???

hometown poyirunthen... oru function... match paakka mudila... but, i was getting sms updates from viraajan. highlights paakkanum...
    Sachin...
    innum tests-la 401 mattum than baakki irukku...
    "Sehwag is the most destructive modern cricketer, There is no doubt abt it. He is just so destructive. He is totally fearless"-Viv Richards

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    [html:1ff3312158]

[/html:1ff3312158]

Padma Vibushan pic.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Kalyasi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/report_sachin-tendulkar-is-bigger-than-don-bradman-virender-sehwag_1352713

Sachin Tendulkar is bigger than Don Bradman: Virender Sehwag
    Vijay Tagore / DNA
    Friday, February 26, 2010 1:16 IST

Mumbai: Going by his style, many expected Virender Sehwag to be the first to breach the 200-run barrier in ODIs. The opener thinks otherwise and tells DNA that he wouldn’t have taken to the game had Tendulkar not played cricket.

You looked very excited after Sachin Tendulkar got to 200.
    The special quality of the knock is that it made every Indian proud. It was as if he or she had achieved the feat. Personally, it was no different. I thought as if I scored the double ton, it was a great feeling. He has been my role model and I took to cricket only because of him. If Sachin were not a cricketer, I would not have even touched a bat.

You were supposed to be the person who should have got it…
    Forget Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar deserved it the most. Anyways, I feel I have achieved it myself. I have often been asked this question about 200 and I said Sachin is the right man for the feat. He has the experience and the ability. He had come close to that against New Zealand and Australia. He finally did it against South Africa.

Can you explain the enormity of the feat? How difficult is it to score 200 in 50-over cricket?
    It is difficult because there are so many restrictions for a batsman in ODIs. There are only 300 balls to face. This effectively means you have to face at least 150-160 balls without letting the strike-rate drop. Only Sachin can do that.

He did not need a runner. How much beating does the body take during a knock of such epic proportions?
    Sachin is one of the fittest players in the Indian team. He works a lot on his fitness. He knows what he needs to do to keep himself in good shape and he knows how much he has to work on his upper body and lower body.

How do you rate this innings?
    It is the best knock I have ever seen. He maintained the momentum. He was playing all over the ground. He knew where to play the ball. His anticipation was also perfect and he knew what the next ball would be and prepared himself for that.

People say he has changed his batting style. Have you seen any changes since the time you started playing with him back in 2000?
    Changes? Yes. He changes his batting according to the pitch, weather conditions, ground, bowler, and the situation. Sometimes, he changes his stance and plays differently.

Where can he go from here?
    It depends on him. I’d love to see him till 2015. I’m sure he will play on till the 2015 World Cup. He has the passion and fitness to last the distance. I’m sure he can register 50 centuries in both Tests and ODIs. I have told him that he can achieve the feat soon. This should happen by next year.

Where do you rate him among all-time greats?
    He is the greatest. You can’t compare him to any other cricketer. He is bigger than any cricketer. He is the God of cricket. He is bigger than anyone who has ever held a bat.

Bigger than Don Bradman?
    Yes. He is.

Post Thanks / Like
    'Finish it, finish it'

I am the superstitious kind: I never praise a shot because I fear the moment I do so, the batsman gets out. Till Sachin was on 190 in Gwalior, I was rooted in my seat in the dressing room. But when he got to 190, I couldn't contain myself. I came out and started cheering every stroke till he got to 200.

When he got to 180, I knew he was going to get it, but when he was in the 190s I was concerned. If I was in his place, I would have tried to finish it quickly, because the longer I take, the greater the possibility of me getting out. I would try to wrap it up in three or four balls.

Also, he was looking really tired: he had been clutching his right side and showing signs of cramping. So when I stepped out of my seat, I was just saying, "Finish it, finish it."

But Sachin is never in a hurry. He is a different kind of batsman - one who can rotate the strike with ease and understands there is no need to take any chances. Whenever I have been on the brink of landmarks (Melbourne in 2003, Multan 2004) he has instructed me to do this and do that. But those are things only he can do.

You might say, this is 200 - a figure no batsman in the history of the game has crossed - but then we are talking about Tendulkar. He looked calm and confident even when he was at the non-striker's end in those final moments. I knew he just needed one ball, and I also knew he would get the opportunity.

He had started the innings in a confident mood. As soon as he hit his first boundary, off the third ball of the second over, he walked up to me and said the pitch was full of runs and we only needed to time the ball. He told me not to think of boundaries or going after the bowler. He was right: throughout he picked the gaps and played the ball as he saw it. He was not thinking too much and that helped.

Ten years down the line if I am asked to pick a shot or two from his innings I would love to pick many. But the ones that were special to me were the cover drives off the back foot past extra cover, and the punch, once again on the back foot, past point, off Wayne Parnell. Another incredible shot was the straight six over Roelof van der Merwe's head. The left-arm spinner is a difficult one to get away, but Sachin was able to make the room and the energy to hit it clean over the sight screen.

It is not an easy summit for a batsman to conquer because he needs to possess a variety of attributes. In the past I mentioned on four or five occasions that Sachin had the capability to score a double-hundred in ODIs. I was confident only he could achieve such a feat only because of his experience and the kind of form he is in at the moment.

Importantly, he had the hunger and the patience to last for the entire 50 overs. You need to bat out the entire innings to score a double. And it is not so easy because it is not just about hitting boundaries; it is also rotating the strike. I knew if he had 150 balls, he could do it, and he did it in 147 deliveries.

I do not want to dwell here on my own batting, but in the past certain people have said I could have scored 200 in one-day cricket, because of my performances in Tests, where I have got near to a hundred before lunch. But I have had the tendency to take too many risks once I reach the 120 or 130-run mark in ODIs. That is difference between me and Sachin.

We have had chats about him scoring 200. He thought it was difficult, but I told him only he could do it. Last year in New Zealand, when he retired on 163 I told him he had missed the opportunity, but he said "Agar meri kismat mein hoga toh woh mil jayega [It will eventually happen if I am destined to do it]." He said the same when he got 175 against Australia last year. On Wednesday he said "Woh likha tha, toh mil gaya [I got what was destined]".

Back in 1998 everyone felt Sachin was in prime form. I was not in the Indian team then. But I have seen him over the last decade and he is still improving with every match, he is practising more than anybody else in the nets, working hard on his fitness. I think he is in better form now than he was in 1998.

http://www.cricinfo.com/magazine/con...ry/450022.html

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Bala (Karthik)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feddy,
    Please put Annan baniyan size in the biodata. Serious
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Post Thanks / Like
    "Better than Brian Lara and Ricky Ponting, the other two great players of my era. Better than Sir Viv Richards, Sunil Gavaskar and Allan Border. And I would even say better than Sir Don Bradman himself."
    Nasser Hussain runs out of comparables for Tendulkar

Hussaiukku Santhome beach la selai vaingappa
    em Chennai! yaam vaazhum pon Chennai!
    viral ayinthum theendamal vegamattom!
    thazhthalum sangathigal vizhthalum!
    thaai mannil sagamal sagamattom!! -- Saagum Varai CSK

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bala (Karthik)
    Feddy,

Enna oru 85 illa 90 irukkuma? 90 nu vachukalaam...

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Done
    Quote Originally Posted by Bala (Karthik)
    Feddy,

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Received in mail

"Nothing bad can happen to us if we're on a plane in India with Sachin Tendulkar on it." - Hashim Amla, the South African batsman, reassures himself as he boards a flight.

"Sometimes you get so engrossed in watching batsmen like Rahul Dravid and Sachin Tendulkar that you lose focus on your job."
    - Yaseer Hameed in pakistani newspaper.

"To Sachin, the man we all want to be" - Andrew Symonds wrote on an aussie t-shirt he autographed specially for Sachin.

“Beneath the helmet, under that unruly curly hair, inside the cranium, there is something we don't know, something beyond scientific measure. Something that allows him to soar, to roam a territory of sport that, forget us, even those who are gifted enough to play alongside him cannot even fathom. When he goes out to bat, people switch on their TV sets and switch off their lives."
    - BBC on Sachin

"Tuzhe pata hai tune kiska catch chhoda hai?"
    - Wasim Akram to Abdul Razzaq when the latter dropped Sachin's catch in 2003 WC.

Sachin is a genius. I'm a mere mortal.
    - Brian Charles Lara

"We did not lose to a team called India...we lost to a man called Sachin." - Mark Taylor, during the test match in Chennai (1997)

"The more I see of him the more confused I'm getting to which is his best knock."
    - M. L. Jaisimha

"The joy he brings to the millions of his countrymen, the grace with which he handles all the adulation and the expectations and his innate humility - all make for a one-in-a-billion individual,"
    - Glen McGrath

"I can be hundred per cent sure that Sachin will not play for a minute longer when he is not enjoying himself. He is still so eager to go out there and play. He will play as long as he feels he can play,"
    - Anjali Tendulkar

"Even my father's name is Sachin Tendulkar." - Tendulkar's daughter, Sara, tells her class her father's name after the teacher informs them of a restaurant of the same name in Mumbai.

Question: Who do you think as most important celebrity ?
    Shah Rukh Khan: There was a big party where stars from bollywood and cricket were invited. Suddenly, there was a big noise, all wanted to see approaching Amitabh Bachhan. Then Sachin entered the hall and Amitabh was leading the queue to get a grab of the GENIUS!!
    - Shah Rukh Khan in an interview.

“India me aap PrimeMinister ko ek Baar Katghare me khada kar sakte hain..Par Sachin Tendulkar par Ungli nahi utha Sakte.. “
    - Navjot Singh Sidhu on TV

He can play that leg glance with a walking stick also. - Waqar Younis

'I Will See God When I Die But Till Then I Will See Sachin'
    - A banner in Sharjah

Sachin Tendulkar has often reminded me of a veteran army colonel who has many medals on his chest to show how he has conquered bowlers all over the world. I was bowling to Sachin and he hit me for two fours in a row. One from point and the other in between point and gully. That was the last two balls of the over and the over after that we (SA) took a wicket and during the group meeting i told Jonty (Rhodes) to be alert and i know a way to pin Sachin. And i delivered the first ball of my next over and it was a fuller length delevery outside offstump. And i shouted catch. To my astonishment the ball was hit to the cover boundary. Such was the brilliance of Sachin. His reflex time is the best i have ever seen. Its like 1/20th of a sec. To get his wicket better not prepare. Atleast u wont regret if he hits you for boundaries.
    - Allan Donald

"Sachin cannot cheat. He is to cricket what (Mahatma) Gandhiji was to politics. It's clear discrimination. "
    - NKP Salve, former Union Minister when Sachin was accused of ball tempering

There are 2 kind of batsmen in the world. One Sachin Tendulkar. Two all the others. - Andy Flower

"I have seen god, he bats at no.4 for India"
    - Mathew Hayden

The best one.
    On a train from Shimla to Delhi, there was a halt in one of the stations. The train stopped by for few minutes as usual. Sachin was nearing century, batting on 98. The passengers, railway officials, everyone on the train waited for Sachin to complete the century. This Genius can stop time in India!!
    - Peter Rebouck - Aussie journalist
    aaniyae pudunga venaam!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber joe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    பாசமலருக்கு அழாதவன் மனுஷனாடே ! - சுயம்புலிங்கம்

Page 2 of 339 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast