Post Thanks / Like
    Masterpiece?
    Usurae Poguthey Usurae Poguthey..Othada Nee Konjam Suzhikayila

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber sathya_1979's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDY View Post
    the film is an absolute masterpiece, very overwhelming.........last 30 mins were devastating piece of cinema that i have not experienced even in master kubrick's creations......

Rahman BGM is the base on which entire creation stands .........i really pray that AR and Imtiaz join hands again.....

Imtiaz's is a springhead of cinematic visuals

Ranbir Kapoor fan club+1
    Welcome Welcome
    Damager - 30 roovaa da, 30 roovaa kuduththa 3 naaL kaNNu muzhichchu vElai senju 30 pakkam OttuvaNdaa!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mahen, the film was an absolute treat of tangential montages and dialogues.....this is the first movie which moved me to tears, in terms of cinematic content/presentation (i had no sympathy for characters or the rockstar himself)...........the presentation was so overwhelmingly abstract that i feel no other art piece, leave alone movies, has moved me so much........

thalaivar BGM and songs - naadan parindey - total vaippillamai
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    the film is an absolute masterpiece, very overwhelming.........last 30 mins were devastating piece of cinema that i have not experienced even in master kubrick's creations......

Rahman BGM is the base on which entire creation stands .........i really pray that AR and Imtiaz join hands again.....

Ranbir Kapoor fan club+1
    seekaram kannathula pOtundu, muppadhu thOpikarnam pOtrungO. saami kanna kuththida pOrdhu.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mahen, the film was an absolute treat of tangential montages and dialogues.....this is the first movie which moved me to tears, in terms of cinematic content/presentation (i had no sympathy for characters or the rockstar himself)...........the presentation was so overwhelmingly abstract that i feel no other art piece, leave alone movies, has moved me so much........

thalaivar BGM and songs - naadan parindey - total vaippillamai
    well its ur opinion and i respect that but pls dont tell me this one is better than vtv..suicide panikuven for me if not for ARR, RS would have been a big mokkai film..
    Usurae Poguthey Usurae Poguthey..Othada Nee Konjam Suzhikayila

Senior Member Senior Hubber Sid_316's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kv View Post
    seekaram kannathula potundu, muppadhu thopikarnam potrungo. Saami kanna kuththida pordhu.
    +1
    Last edited by Sid_316; 20th November 2011 at 01:51 PM.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber directhit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ranbir Kapoor fan club+1
    Till the full stop doesn't come, the sentence is not complete - MSD

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I’m not doing 2 States: Imtiaz Ali

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Entert...e1-771692.aspx

rockstar movie hit innu sollaranga!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watched it. Liked it.

1st half was average & stretched.
    2nd half thaan padamey, starting from Aur ho song to be precise..Thoroughly enjoyed the screenplay & Ranbir's characterization.
    Last edited by Ramakrishna; 20th November 2011 at 09:13 PM.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber lancelot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watched it yesterday in the only cinema showing it here in Sri Lanka. It was virtually empty! Shame the Sri Lankan movies goer has such bad taste. Because most Sri Lankans will miss this masterclass of a movie. Its no classic! It had its flaws (Nargis's acting, Slow pace in the second half). However, the pluses of the movies truly made up for the few flaws.

First and foremost the music. We all knew the music was killer awesome before even watching the movie. and it just got better with the movie.
    Then, the visuals! forget the songs, even the bits of the movie that had no importance to the music, the visuals were stunning.
    Thirdly, how the songs were picturized! they really fit into the movies perfectly and we amazingly captured. Thank god the cinema was empty (and, thank god for an understanding wife sitting next to me). i was going mad singing almost every word of every song and ended up shouting Sadda Haq! the first time i heard the words and my wife had to stop me before i continued.
    Fourth, Ranbir Kapoor's acting. He was totally believable as a heart broken musician going out of control. Am sure a fan of his now
    Fifth, the cinematography and the costumes. They were classy and Jordan's change was beautifully captured in how he dresses. How he changes from Collage to Stage was beautifully said without words using just clothes.

Absolutely loved the movie. Planning on taking as many people as i can again next week and watch this movies again.

Imtiaz Ali manages to capture the heart of my wife, for whom this was the first Hindi movie in cinema. She only came for it, because she took me for it as a birthday gift. and what a gift it was!

Page 49 of 55 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast