Page 48 of 55 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: || Rockstar| Imtiaz Ali | A R Rahman ||

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ARR... ARR... ARR!

In my previous *Writer's Block Breaking* blog entry, I had mentioned that the only way I could get over my brief numbness was by finding that inspiration myself. And what Can I say I seem to have found it, in my Favorite place yet again! My MUSIC!

Music is a wonderful means of connecting with the ONESELF and with the SUPREME POWER. What One cannot express through words can be easily done through music. Listening to music with closed eyes, makes us appreciate it as an expression and celebration of the Omnipotent.

Clearly my life seems to be easily adjusting and moving towards scenarios worth have Background music and while in this subconscious search I stumbled upon the soundtrack of this Hindi Film which i will be writing about today.

The Track playing in my Appa's Car was Different! Despite asking him over and over again, which movie's song that was, he refused to tell, he said GUESS! And all of us spend the rest of the 4 minutes of song thinking of all the possible possibilities. And just as the song was about to end, I said "ROCKSTAR?" and Appa Smiled and So Did I!! A Big Broad Smile!

Why? Well, It isn’t that often that you get to listen to *Fresh* Music composed by the MAN, AR Rahman. He is something ELSE! The very fact that He elects his projects very carefully and does such few movies, everyone begins to keep an eye OUT for it or rather a EAR OUT for it!

Despite the Movie being called ROCKSTAR, there is just one song that truly is a ROCK anthem! And for this I am thankful, I am not much of a rock person and I was pleasantly surprised listening to this magnificent blend of minimal ‘rock’, phenomenally evocative numbers ranging from folk, sufism, and alternating to electro-pop and some gypsy pieces as well!!! And let me add it is an absolute DELIGHT!

There’re so many delicate nuances, turns, bends and beautiful undertones in all its 14 songs, that its just not possible to JUDGE or pass a decision in ONE go! What it does is demand attention, time and an extra effort! With no remixes or reprises to speak of, it is most definitely MY dream album. The richness of the album lies in its details, and if you play the tracks nonchalantly, without paying much of attention to it, you will MOST certainly miss out. But if you like me, will keep listening to the album over and over again, you will undoubtedly fall in LOVE and will in turn be highly rewarded!

Mohit Chauhan is BRILLANT! His voice is like silk and oozes flair without ever over exaggerating or over powering. The Beauty of his voice and the emotions is clearly seen in Aur Ho. AAR has yet again managed to bring out the haunting and traumatic beauty of *Satrangi re* from Dil se. The passion, the pain, the helplessness and the general feel of this song stays with you long long after you have heard it! It's a CLASS apart!

The Paradoxical Sheher Mein is a beauty… I am partial to this particular number partially because this was the song that got me introduced to the album. It's a song within a song and Chauhan’s voice dominates and flows in the most beautiful fashion.

The opening song, Phir Se Ud Chala… is a quintessential Rahman number with wide soundscenery, lots of textures, timber and fragile harmonies. Towards the end, it routes into the electro-pop realm effortlessly and even without us knowing.

Another one of my favorites is the quirky, almost fairytale like Hawaa Hawaa… that features gypsy music with bits of flamenco is pleasantly surprising and perhaps the best eccentric number.

Other memorable tracks include the evocative Kun Faya Kun… a peaceful and melodic qawwali number sung by Rahman, Javed Ali and Mohit Chauhan. Jo Bhi Main… takes the psychedelic route and takes you to a different world altogether!

Nadaan Parinde, has some very interesting lyrics which can be interpreted in multiple fashions and if listened to careful, will definitely tug you heart strings… Tango For Taj another gypsy track with Spanish guitar and foot tapping beats.

AAR's music is beautiful reflection of *Slow and Steady wins the race* He is absolutely in no hurry! Listen to the Album like I did, without listening to anything else and let the magic unfold and take over you! Let loose and You will LOVE it! AAR has an iron grip over all the very nuances of the soundtrack and it clearly emits its brilliancy and reestablishes his power, persona and stature in the industry!

Never Once, has AAR, ever created a song that instantly catches the attention of one and all, he creates music that grows on you, and once it does its absolutely difficult to let go! This one is definitely all set to be a CLASSIC!

“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and right doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

http://neelanchana.blogspot.com/2011...r-arr-arr.html

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    "After watching the film, the audience will like only Ranbir Kapoor. Even the music will not be appreciated because you cannot understand the lyrics," he says.
    http://www.rediff.com/movies/report/...r/20111116.htm

Ithu ellam too much i say...ARR has to quit bollywood..Avanga ippo 'dhinka chika' mode-le irukanga..ARR's music will sound alien to them..Hes doing Yash chopa's next and im sure critics are gona compare it with all the mohabeteins/veer zaaras etc
    Usurae Poguthey Usurae Poguthey..Othada Nee Konjam Suzhikayila

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahen View Post
    http://www.rediff.com/movies/report/...r/20111116.htm

Ithu ellam too much i say...ARR has to quit bollywood..Avanga ippo 'dhinka chika' mode-le irukanga..ARR's music will sound alien to them..Hes doing Yash chopa's next and im sure critics are gona compare it with all the mohabeteins/veer zaaras etc
    the article may be by, diehard fan ranbir!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    -edit-
    Last edited by A.ANAND; 17th November 2011 at 11:06 AM. Reason: WRONG POST

Senior Member Diamond Hubber directhit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by a.anand View Post
    +10000 :-d
    Last edited by directhit; 17th November 2011 at 07:05 PM.
    Till the full stop doesn't come, the sentence is not complete - MSD

Senior Member Diamond Hubber directhit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    whattay movie Imtiaz+Ranbir+Editing - verry kud..... Nargis dhaan slightaaa chodhappals....

Thalaivar wanna see atleast 2 more times...
    Till the full stop doesn't come, the sentence is not complete - MSD

Post Thanks / Like
    “Rockstar”… Angst in the Pants

http://baradwajrangan.wordpress.com/...-in-the-pants/

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by http://moifightclub.wordpress.com/2011/11/17/an-evening-with-rockstar/
    But it’s easily one of Rahman’s best album.

IA – You guys can’t believe how embarrassed I was doing the recording. It was only Rahman in the studio and I was sitting behind him and Mohit Chauhan was in the booth. I suddenly get up, put the mic on and tell Mohit that saar, aap note ko hit nahi kar rahe ho. Yeh ho nahi raha and blah blah. And then as I come back to my seat, I realise that Rahman saab was sitting there, but he just doesn’t say anything. He asks, Mohit, ready? And we record again. Just like an operator. And i was so embarrassed, i could not believe what i was doing. It’s Rahman. And i am telling the singer what to do. And i did it again, i just could not believe. Rahman is in a different space. It’s always ‘inclusive music’ for him. He will take everyone together and move ahead. Unko chor diya toh dham se giroge, kahan giroge iska koi bharosa nahi. But if it happens with you and you know what you want, he is just magcial.

Kashyap also spoke a lot about his experience of working with Rahman. The absolutely no fuss guy and blah blah.

IA : i was just playing the 40min long version of Kun Faaya Kun and other songs where Rahman is just jamming, it takes you to a different state of trance. i was playing it at home and everyone was so into it.

WAIT! What? 40min version of Kun Faaya Kun? Please please please, is it possible to release it somewhere.

Imtiaz said he will talk to Rahman about it and will try his best to release it. Rahman fans, spread the good word and let’s try to get it out.
    I would love to hear the whole of Naadaan parindey in Rahman ji's voice.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    the film is an absolute masterpiece, very overwhelming.........last 30 mins were devastating piece of cinema that i have not experienced even in master kubrick's creations......

Rahman BGM is the base on which entire creation stands .........i really pray that AR and Imtiaz join hands again.....

Imtiaz's is a springhead of cinematic visuals

Ranbir Kapoor fan club+1
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Page 48 of 55 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast