Usurae Poguthey Usurae Poguthey..Othada Nee Konjam Suzhikayila

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mahen, not yet seen but watching it soon......a big fan of Imtiaz, u know

http://truthdive.com/2011/11/13/rock...ening-day.html

Rockstar Box Office Collection Rs 11 crore on opening day
    Co-produced by Eros International and Shree Ashtavinayak Cine Vision, the film was made on a budget of more than Rs.60 crore
    Rockstar one of the biggest openers after Ready in non-festival season
    http://www.businessofcinema.com/news.php?newsid=19413
    Last edited by MADDY; 13th November 2011 at 12:50 PM.
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    'They don't say now my music is repetitive'

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/h...w/10708928.cms

Music maestro A R Rahman talks to Sandhya Soman about rocking with Michael Bolton, composing catchy songs, and the new generation of listeners.

'Why have you used rock music in 'Rockstar'? In the 1990s, I avoided giving people too much of a culture shock through my music. They already had enough from me. Though I had been part of a rock band, I didn't use those sounds in my songs. Rock was too much of a western sound then. Today, there is a whole new generation listening to various sounds. Rock has become a classic genre even for today's hip-hop generation in India. With 'Rockstar', I got an opportunity to compose songs in the rock music genre. It was nice to figure out how a desi guy would use Indian chords and expression to create rock music.

Two songs -'Jo bhi mein' and 'Sadda Haq' - aspire to be in the tradition of 'Satisfaction' by The Rolling Stones and 'We Don't Need No Education' (Another Brick in the Wall) by Pink Floyd. Just like most rock songs stood for people's voices, here also the central character's cry relates to every one of us.

What do you gain when you collaborate with artists like Michael Bolton or rope in musicians like Orianthi Panagaris to play for 'Sadda Haq'? Bolton was an icon in the 1980s and '90s, the king of soft melodies. I was curious to meet him and he is a very nice person. You gain knowledge and wisdom from meeting others. I don't do it just to attach another artist's name to mine. I think about what I could gain from the association. In this case, Bolton was also interested in learning about me. I gained his fan base that could access my work. Also, it was a pleasure to listen to him singing 'Sajna' (for Bolton's studio album 'Gems: The Duet Collection').

What was it like hosting Ranbir Kapoor at your place so he could prepare for the movie? Ranbir was a silent observer when he came down with director Imtiaz Ali. Being with musicians helped him lose his fear of music. It happened to me as well 11 years ago when I was with actors during the rehearsal of the musical 'Bombay Dreams' in London. My world was music and suddenly there were actors who were moving to my music. I enjoyed it, but at some level I wanted to run away from the place. Today, I am much more used to it.

Why is it that people take a while to get your tunes into their heads? Is it because your music is complicated and many appreciate the nuances only later? While people might like you as an artist, I should not give them the same stuff again and again. That is why I do fewer movies these days. I feel that each soundtrack should be a new experience. This is why people take time to appreciate some of my songs. We thought it would take more time for the music of 'Rockstar' to reach the people. But the speed at which people liked it surprised even us.

At a recent concert, everyone was singing along. They knew the lyrics better than we did (laughs). It was amazing to see hundreds of people singing along. I always try to strike a balance between songs that will catch the attention of people immediately and the ones that take time to reach listeners. I try to partially predict which song people will like. In this case, we were very lucky. Also, the promotion helped a lot.

Isn't good music enough for sales? Is it important to market your music well? After the collapse of the global music industry 10 years ago due to digital and physical piracy, it is a miracle that it is trying to survive by reinventing the whole game. So making people aware of what is out there is important since big investments in time, talent and money are involved.

What do you do when people say your tunes are repetitive? They don't say that anymore about my music. It was mostly in the 1990s that I was criticized for my tunes. Now I read what people have to say about my music. Sometimes I take the good things they have to say about me, sometimes I ignore it. That works for me. And when I make changes, I do it slowly. When you conduct an orchestra and want to make a sharp change in tempo, you have to move it around slowly like steering a ship and not turn it like a car on a fast lane.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDY View Post
    Mahen, not yet seen but watching it soon......a big fan of Imtiaz, u know

http://truthdive.com/2011/11/13/rock...ening-day.html

Rockstar Box Office Collection Rs 11 crore on opening day

Rockstar one of the biggest openers after Ready in non-festival season
    http://www.businessofcinema.com/news.php?newsid=19413
    so,the movie hit?

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Saw it in a single screen movie hall in Bangalore yesterday. The crowd broke into a big rapture at Sadda Haq - the anthemic format surely seems to have worked very well. The songs occupy most of the screentime and there's not much of background score otherwise. He uses a very minimalist approach (just some keys) for the more silent scenes and there's also some electric guitar leads for some montage shots. If not for ARR and Ranbir, this movie would've been a maranamokkai. Thanks to these two, at least the first half of the movie is enjoyable.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahen View Post
    Shrewali Ambe Ma should have been added into the album
    FYI, this BGM shares the same melody as "Thoda thoda pyar" from Love aaj kal and going by Pritam Da's repertoire there might be a possibility that this tune might not be his. It was obviously Imtiaz Ali's idea to insert it as a BGM.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah sounds similar Maybe Imtiaz asked ARR to re-tune it
    Usurae Poguthey Usurae Poguthey..Othada Nee Konjam Suzhikayila

Post Thanks / Like
    Rockstar earns Rs.11 crore plus on opening day

2011-11-12 18:20:00
    Last Updated: 2011-11-12 18:38:29

The long wait is finally over for Ranbir Kapoor fans as his latest movie 'R...Ranbir Kapoor starrer 'Rockstar' has got off to a flying start with the film managing to earn Rs.11 crore plus on the opening day itself.

Directed by director Imtiaz Ali, known for making films like 'Jab We Met' and 'Love Aaj Kal', the story revolves around a Jat boy who aspires to become a famous rockstar like Jim Morrison.

The interesting pairing of Ranbir and Nargis Fakri topped with melodious music by A.R. Rahman has managed to draw in the crowds.

According to a press release, the film has managed to earn Rs. 11.25 crore plus on the opening day Friday, across all cinemas in India.

Even though the film has received a mixed response at the box-office, Ranbir's performance has been appreciated by everyone - audience and the critics.

Co-produced by Eros International and Shree Ashtavinayak Cine Vision, the film was made on a budget of more than Rs.60 crore and has been extensively shot in Delhi in locations like St. Stephen's College, Connaught Place and Nizamuddin, among others.

http://www.sify.com/movies/rockstar-...msuggdejj.html

Post Thanks / Like
    http://bollyspice.com/32251/rockstar-rocks-twitter

Rockstar rocks Twitter!

By Ingrid ZellnerPosted on November 13th, 2011 in Hot, Movies, NewsIn these times when a movie’s fate can be sealed by the comments it provokes on social networks, even Rockstar faces positive and negative feedbacks on Twitter. But the negative ones, mostly claiming the film to be tedious and Imtiaz Ali to have failed as the director, are in a minority against the positive ones raving about the film, Ranbir Kapoor’s outstanding performance, AR Rahman’s music and Imtiaz Ali to have excelled as the director.

Amitabh Bachchan told his Twitter community, “Just back from ‘RockStar‘ and living in the brilliance of all – Imtiaz Ali, Ranbir, AR and Nargis” while Karan Johar assured, “Watched ROCKSTAR…and am a certified Ranbir Kapoor fan!! His performance is unbelievable!” Bipasha Basu had been one of the first to tweet, “Ranbir Kapoor as Jordan,U have to fall in love with him!Imtiaz Ali is an outstanding filmmaker!”

Filmfare editor Jitesh Pillaai exclaimed, “What an overwhelmingly beautiful film is Rockstar. And what a standout bravura performance from Ranbir Kapoor. Imtiaz Ali, Ranbir take a bow.” Amul Mohan was touched by both Ranbir and Shammi: “Rockstar in one word, sensational! What an acting performance by Ranbir Kapoor take a bow! People welcome a great actor to the industry. Watching Shammi Kapoor on screen in Rockstar is like a dream. N watch out for Ranbir’s homage to him.” And Shailesh Kapoor, though harshly critizising Imtiaz Ali and Nargis Fakhri, praised Ranbir’s ” stirring performance” and added, “I have decided that I’ll sue anyone who takes Ranbir Kapoor’s name in the same breath as Imran Khan.”

Filmmaker and actor Anurag Kashyap was overwhelmed: “Rockstar is not so much about rock as it is an individuals story…its another kind of coming of age film..just can’t get it out of my head. It is easily Imtiaz Ali’s best. This is how a love story should be told. Soul stirring. Still assimilating. It is unlike most films.. no cacophony of sounds..quiet.. no unnecessary background to propel it forward..Ranbir is just awesome. Such an unexpected film.. does not take any easy route.. does not become a clap trap or a crowd pleaser..It’s just so heartfelt.”

Devansh Patel of Bollywood Hungama joined Kashyap in his opinion that Rockstar is more than just another easy-going popcorn film: “It takes time to absorb some movies and in rare cases you come across films like ROCKSTAR that make you think ten times b4 u pen the review”, adding: “One advice to all the movie buffs: Stop judging movies on ‘rating’ and ‘stars’. It’s not about saving money or a pound or a dollar, it’s about your passion for cinema that should make you want to buy a ticket.”

Kashyap’s colleague Viveck Vaswani demonstrated his respect to Rockstar and the movie’s makers and audience: “Rockstar presumes the audience is grown up and flaws notwithstanding respects them! That’s why its going to be a hit! Ranbir performs for an audience presuming their intelligence and without patronizing them for a second! That’s why its a milestone! Imtiaz Ali has made a film which, flaws notwithstanding has redefined the average age of the Indian audience! As did Udaan, Delhi Belly! Post Rockstar, the bar has been raised! And 21 cr business in 2 days proves the audience will always respect those films that respect them!”

Words every film maker should hang over his desk and remember forever.

Post Thanks / Like

Page 45 of 55 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast