Page 40 of 55 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: || Rockstar| Imtiaz Ali | A R Rahman ||

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jeesh, sodhappalai mannikkavum. I should've written kichukichu manisha (the combo I had in mind was Mathangi+Imman).

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Team Rockstar Unplugged

Read more at: http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/ndt...gged/214386&cp

Senior Member Veteran Hubber sathya_1979's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.rediff.com/movies/report/rahman-goes-all-out-for-rockstar/20111027.htm

Rahman goes all out for Rockstar

For the first time in his career, AR Rahman will perform live in concert for his movie.

It isn't very often that one gets to see the publicity shy AR Rahman in concert.

Rahman himself has never played at a concert to promote the movie for which he's done the music. So we'd love to know what Imitaz Ali might've said to him to get him to perform live in Mumbai for a special Rockstar concert in Mumbai.

What's more? Unlike most high profile concerts where you have to burn a rather large hole in your pocket, this one's for free!

Organisers of the concert have been distributing free passes to the show that will be held in the Bhavan's College grounds in Mumbai's suburb of Andheri.

The concert happening on 1 November will have Rahman performing along with his long time associates -- Ranjit Barot, the music arranger and Sivamani the percussion master.

Also starring in the show will be Mohit Chauhan who is Ranbir Kapoor's voice in the film, Nargis Fakhri, the leading lady and Kapoor himself.
    Damager - 30 roovaa da, 30 roovaa kuduththa 3 naaL kaNNu muzhichchu vElai senju 30 pakkam OttuvaNdaa!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    When is the movie releasing?

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber satissh_r's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramakrishna View Post
    When is the movie releasing?
    Patience, Forgiveness and Understanding are great tools for humanity...! Spread the Love - A R Rahman

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    budget is 70 cr it seems
    Say My Name

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rockstar Concert Press Meet -

Imtiaz ali refers to Rahman ji as a giant umbrella under which the whole cast and crew is standing.

Rahman ji's giggle at 0.39 is so cute and at 1.08 onwards you can hear his version of "Oh ye ye" portion from Jo Bhi Mein.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunil_M88 View Post
    Rockstar Concert Press Meet -

Imtiaz ali refers to Rahman ji as a giant umbrella under which the whole cast and crew is standing.

Rahman ji's giggle at 0.39 is so cute and at 1.08 onwards you can hear his version of "Oh ye ye" portion from Jo Bhi Mein.
    thanx sunil sir!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber sathya_1979's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://ibnlive.in.com/news/emotional-turmoil-is-essential--ar-rahman/198244-45.html

Was so overworked thought I would die: AR Rahman

Mumbai: It's the final day for rehearsals for the Rockstar concert in Mumbai. But A R Rahman looks a little distracted.
    "Please, can all these people with cameras in their hands move out of the room..... we need to finish this and we have just a few hours," he snaps.
    Ever since his Oscars, Rahman has been shuttling between LA and Chennai and clearly life has never been the same. In an exclusive interview with Mid-Day, the maestro talks candidly about his deepest pains...

You've composed 14 songs for your latest film. The last time we saw those many tracks on one album was for 'Hum Aapke Hain Kaun'..!
    Rockstar is about the evolution of a character from India and the songs tell his story. I have seen many Indian kids from middle-class families turning into rock musicians. After a point they hit a wall. The songs in this film track that journey. To depict the emotional catharsis a rockstar undergoes was the biggest challenge for me.

Is that emotional turmoil essential to create good music?
    It's essential for any artiste. You have to be suppressed first, to be able to come out of it. Life's boring and mundane otherwise. For musicians it's easy to visit that pain because all you have to do is go to a particular raga.
    Have you been to a point in life where you think it couldn't get worse?
    Everyday. I can't explain, but everyday there's something that pains you. That's why I've tried to stay away from both happiness and sadness.
    How do you manage time away from your kids?
    Last year has been so hectic.
    I was so overworked that I thought I was going to die. I want my kids to have a father, at least for some time. That's why I have had to reject many offers. I've stuck to Rockstar and just one other Hollywood film.
    Will we ever see epic soundtracks like Lagaan or Rang De Basanti again?
    I think the effort has to be wholesome. I can't just create beautiful songs, and expect them to work. If there is no story to back them, they won't stay.
    It's been a new theme for you. You've never done rock music for Bollywood before...
    I consciously kept away from using distorted guitars and heavy snazzy music. But I have done it here. Plus most songs are acoustic, so even if people don't relate to rock, they would enjoy them.
    Is Ranbir a good rockstar?
    Well Ranbir is a much better actor. He has been very enthusiastic and arrives at rehearsals promptly. I'm sure he'll look back 20 years from now and feel proud of this experience.
    You're gearing up for yet another world tour and also working with the likes of Mick Jagger. Will we see less and less of AR Rahman?
    There's a lot to learn from Hollywood, plus there is a lot to impart. I will only work with people who I feel understand my music.
    ...Like Danny Boyle?
    Yes, like Danny. But I am not sure of his next film. He also has another music group called The Underground that he works with.
    His Rockstar team says...
    Ranbir Kapoor, actor: "I spent a lot of time at Rahman sir's studio and his home. He doesn't have a chip on his shoulder. So I was very comfortable. We'd discuss everything from cars to gadgets!"
    Mohit Chauhan, singer: "I spent an entire day trying to record Sadda Haq with Rahman saab. But couldn't get it right. The next day, I did a take when he was yet to arrive and it sounded perfect. He told Imtiaz, 'May be Mohit doesn't like me.'"
    Damager - 30 roovaa da, 30 roovaa kuduththa 3 naaL kaNNu muzhichchu vElai senju 30 pakkam OttuvaNdaa!

Post Thanks / Like
    Rockstar live in Concert Rehearsals

Page 40 of 55 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast