Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Oscar nominations for 2009 films

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope you will like it , it is very simple movie with good performance, i enjoyed watching it, not sure whether it is deserve for academy. Downloading "the white ribbon"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber kid-glove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very rarely I've hated a film. the last film that I intensely hated was "300" in English and "Aadhavan" in Tamil. I'm comfortably out of "hub pandithargal" in that I find reasons to like every other film.

Btw "Broken Embraces" not among the nominations leads me to download all the oscar nominated foreign language films. I've downloaded Baaria, The Maid, Prophet, and Ajami. "The milk of sorrow" is next up. I'm going to watch 'em all.
    ...an artist without an art.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Somehow not at all excited about this year's award shows. Vayasaana ippadithanoo?
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah? But last decade weren't any better, it's been very predictable. 90's weren't bad. I suppose one goes all the way up to 70's to feel anything close to "excited" state. That was an awesome decade, I opened a 70's thread for you oldies (:P) to comment on. No response

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Appu s
    Hope you will like it , it is very simple movie with good performance, i enjoyed watching it, not sure whether it is deserve for academy.
    Watched it. Totally agree with underline part! Liked the aerial shot that goes all the way down to chasing the suspect. This film comes closest in tapping the vibe and passion of Football stadium. I'd like to know how they shot that. Helicopter shot is conjoined by crane shot which would again be replaced by a handheld camera. Well done

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.filmsite.org/oscars70.html

@ number of misses and still, it's got so much quality in there as nominations if not the winner.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kid-glove
    Yeah? But last decade weren't any better, it's been very predictable. 90's weren't bad. I suppose one goes all the way up to 70's to feel anything close to "excited" state. That was an awesome decade, I opened a 70's thread for you oldies (:P) to comment on. No response
    My parents and aunty calls me "pazhaya kalattu manushan" for my love for those films. Hmm...been revisiting some 70s stuff recently, but comments ellam non-Indian film threadla post pannunen. They got buried amidst other posts.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Appu s
    Hope you will like it , it is very simple movie with good performance, i enjoyed watching it, not sure whether it is deserve for academy.
    Watched it. Totally agree with underline part! Liked the aerial shot that goes all the way down to chasing the suspect. This film comes closest in tapping the vibe and passion of Football stadium. I'd like to know how they shot that. Helicopter shot is conjoined by crane shot which would again be replaced by a handheld camera. Well done

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho070
    My parents and aunty calls me "pazhaya kalattu manushan" for my love for those films.
    which you are,

Hmm...been revisiting some 70s stuff recently, but comments ellam non-Indian film threadla post pannunen. They got buried amidst other posts.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber VENKIRAJA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho070
    Somehow not at all excited about this year's award shows. Vayasaana ippadithanoo?
    same feelings

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast