Page 51 of 151 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: MAESTRO ILAIYARAAJA NEWS & TITBITS VER.2010

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    /Digression
    Venki,

It was not a gratuitous comparison. It was made in the context of the question that was asked. I personally hold that view and I stated it here. My idea is not to get into a debate on that, since that would be irrelevant to this thread. Anyway, you have your opinion and I have mine and let us leave it at that. My only aim was to say that Sivaraman richly deserved the recognition he got.

/End Digression

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the great picture came in The Hindu

http://beta.thehindu.com/news/nation...?homepage=true

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mamta Mohandas, the lead actor of Sathyan Anthikad's next film writes in her first tweet,

Quote Originally Posted by Mamta Mohandas In Twitter
    Watching the legend Ilayaraja at work once again… for my movie Kadha Thudarunnu brought tears to my eyes.
    The account is not a verified one though.
    நெலயா நில்லாது நினைவில் வரும் நெறங்களே

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajasaranam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    the film looks interesting though! A quick glance through the images gives us a rough idea of the plot that sathyan is handling this time
    http://www.nowrunning.com/movie/7410.../gallery.htm#1
    Hopes are high as Raaja would definitely deliver some beautifully crafted melancholic music for such plots

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.desipundit.com/baradwajra...ruminations-8/

Baradwaj Rangan and IR's synth - some nice analogies

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine
    http://www.desipundit.com/baradwajrangan/2010/04/10/bitty-ruminations-8/

Say My Name

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Bala (Karthik)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    And the world still believes BR is a Raaja fan! This hurts more than some 100 word post because its from BR
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine
    http://www.desipundit.com/baradwajrangan/2010/04/10/bitty-ruminations-8/

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Post Thanks / Like
    Bala,

Long time back I gave up on BR as far as music goes !!! There are some people (you can see them in the comments section as well) who have decided that Raja has lost it and no amount of proof otherwise nor the superb output of last year would convince them. The particular debate taking place in BR blog has happened here ad nauseam we are fully aware of the various viewpoints. Infact some time back Jai had a good post about people accusing Raja for having lost it in the 90s but not having a clue on how a person who has lost it can come up with 'Kalapani', 'Oru Yathra Mozhi', 'Guru', 'Avatharam', 'Virumandi', 'Mumbai Express' etc. I am sure this debate will continue for a long time. There are bound to be one set of people saying that Raja 'lost interest' after the 80s, some saying he did not know how to use the synth, one saying his creativity dried up etc. The best way is not to worry about this and drench ourself in the music he creates. Did someone compose a better song than 'kunnathe' last year?

As I said, lot of people seem to give more importance to BR than required, when it comes to music. I would be very worried if some very knowledgeable music blogger (like say Vicky) told me that they had problems with Raja's music. BR is a normal music fan and instead of posting in this forum, he has a popular blog. Other than that I don't think we need to take him or his views on music any more seriously than the knowledgeable members who post here.

Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Suresh, not to defend BR or anything, I do think BR is a Raaja fan. He just idolises the 80s output of Raja and tends to view things from that standpoint. Each to his own. Besides, I don't think Raja needs any validation from anyone. Everyone changes with time, including us and composers such as Raja. When our listening has changed over the years, why shouldn't Raja change his compositional style?

I'm just happy that Raja is continuing to produce music...I could care less for what anyone else feels about it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Shank,

I have personally no issues if BR is a fan or not. (It is not necessary that someone needs to be a fan of Raja in order to talk about his output!!!) What I meant is exactly what you had said. That we should enjoy what Raja is producing now and not worry about what others feel All I wanted to point out is that BR is as good or as bad a listener as any one of us here and we need not give undue weight to his views, even though the views appear in a popular blog!!!

Page 51 of 151 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast